MBA @ McCallie

mcallister1479

Where are McCallie's strongest places on this year's team? No doubt they'll be well-coached and well-disciplined as always, but they did lose Ryan Moore and I suppose a few others. What's that fellow's name that UT is recruiting? #84 from last year if I remember correctly.

825351079[/snapback]

They have a good QB and some good RB's. The offensive line vs. Knox Central palyed well. I didn't see the BA game! Their defense is pretty good. That #84 name is Ayanga. He is a monster! 6'4'' 240lbs and runs about a 4.7.

Speaking of Ryan Moore, where did he end up going? What sport is he playing?

825351088[/snapback]

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Middle Tennessee head coach Steve Peterson announced the signing of McCallie School standout Ryan Moore to a national letter-of-intent on Monday.

Moore, a lefthanded pitcher and first baseman, went 9-3 with a 2.40 ERA and 92 strikeouts on the mound this season. He also hit .350 with three homers and 40 RBIs for McCallie, which reached the semifinals of the TSSAA State Tournament.

"We know he comes from good stock. His father, Mike, played for Coach Stanford," Peterson said. "I've known Ryan since he was a baby and have followed his career."

Moore also starred in football for the Tornado in Chattanooga, but chose to continue his career in baseball.

"Ryan has put most of his attention into football throughout high school but has decided to be a baseball player," Peterson added. "He has a tremendously strong lefthanded arm and will just now put his full efforts into baseball. He has all the tools to be an outstanding player."

They have a good QB and some good RB's.  The offensive line vs. Knox Central palyed well. I didn't see the BA game!  Their defense is pretty good.  That #84 name is Ayanga.  He is a monster!  6'4'' 240lbs and runs about  a 4.7.

825351102[/snapback]

Ayanga Okpokowuruk is from Nigeria. Fortunately, Jason Hall, now starting for UT, talked Ayanga into playing football as a ninth grader. His father had never seen a football game and when he did thought it was too violent for his son to play! Because of seriously good grades and SAT's. Stanford, Duke, etc are after him. Too bad, he could go to UT and singlely raise the average IQ of the football team by 5 points.