OC Rebel Fans....

Purple & Gold Standard

But, that's just an observation from the 10th row of the bleachers. The coaches are smarter than I am, so there's no reason for me to question them.

Hey NWTENNSports, don't sell yourself short on not being as smart as the coaches,

Remember it was you who called Walt and told him to trade and get Rolen and Edmonds before that.. :P Could you see these guys playing the main game and then JV a couple of days later?? NO!! But hey, that's why So-Tagoochi is there :D and don't forget about Marlon and Mabry!

What a team, what a town, what a time! thumb

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are Dyersburg's policies on players that play alot or start on Friday night??

825350440[/snapback]

no dyersburg "starter" plays in any jv game........dyersburg jv team is made up of key players from the freshmen team, sophomore non-starters, and those juniors that seldom see any action, or is not a starter.....

i was surprised to see the sophomore qb (who is #2 on the depth chart) even play four quarters against obion....most of the time, the #3 qb and the freshmen qb play 3 quarters....

hey cradd 4, how do you think region 7 3A will come out next year...think haywood will end up in our region, maybe crockett? or maybe both end up in reg 6?

by the way....i am so glad we are going to 3A cause outside of Hardin County, the other teams have little fan support...... man, dburg vs obion, dyer cnty, ripley, covington......those will be some good games and great gates..

Edited by mg

mg,

glad to see you posting again, i am not sure about the region next year i have heard crockett will move to region 7 and haywood to region 6 i really dont think it matters which of the two we get both are very good programs, and you are right the fans of obion central enjoy coming to dyersburg, nice facilities, and friendly fans and according to our players some of the best sportsmanship they are involved in all year long, i think this will be a very tough and competive region and i fully expect one of our teams to make a run deep in the state playoffs

Maybe I worry too much...But if I have some guys starting for me on the varsity,they would be home doing homework or something on JV game night....It would be terrible to lose a starter playing in a JV game...Now on the other hand,it is good to see the sophomore guys playing together...I guess as high school players they have only lost one game...

To mg..realize now, the only starters that are playing on JV are sophomores...it's not like the seniors or starting (soph) QB are playing in these games...It will be good to lose Gibson Co. in our region..Of course that does take away a win every year...Brighton is too far a drive too...As far as Haywood..I don't know if you can get to Brownsville from Troy....LOL....Maybe it will be Crockett Co...Im sure they bring more fans and will create more interest seeing as how P.A. Pratt is there....

cradd4..This topic was brought up in another thread...I thought I would start a new one specificaly dedicated to this subject...

gamebreaker...The coaches know best....And I respect their decisions and down the road it will help these guys out...It would just be a shame to lose a guy that has worked hard enough to be a starter in a practice game....As far as mine is concerned,I heard he dinged his leg up some then wanted to go back in...So, I guess it's good they want to play....

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

hey chattanooga i know what you mean. I rolled in every other series on defense in varsity games but not on offense. JV games gave me real game situations that you can't get in practice. It allowed you to think on your feet and get a feel of your position and i did this as a sophmore and a junior. I didn't like doing it by no means. And yes i got injured in a JV game my junior year at Graves County. I was playing offense that night but because a sophmore got hurt on defense i had to go to defense as well. I never came out of the game except only on kick off and returns was i on the sideline. Late in the third qaurter i got crack blocked in the back the same time a lineman was pulling and hit me in the ribs and bruised them. But i kept playing the coaches didn't want me out but with about 3 min. left in the 4th i could not breath and Coach Kendall remembers this but it showed to them how much i wanted to get better but to answer your question that if you are a starting sophmore and get hurt at a JV game i believe the coaches have to do what they have to do. I don't like the scenario but what else are you gonna do they need the experience! :lol:

Well, if you get hurt anytime, as a football player you are goin to play through it anyways. J.V. games are like another day of practice, but you are getting to hit ppl besides your teammates. So what if you get hurt in practice. It is the same thing, because we go just as hard in practice as at games. It is not just soph. It is everyone besides: Srs. and the Qb. We usually only play a quarter or so unless it is a tight game. So I look at it as another day of practice b/c we really dont pratice on thursdays. I do see where yall are coming from tho.

Hey linski2006 I have been there i know where you are coming from believe me i do but sophmores still need game experience even if it is a J.V. game. I didn't like them and i don't think anyone does but you have to agree with me that the sophmores do need experience. and ask coach lester if you don't believe me he will be honest with you about it. And i am saying this and i am qouting a coach at one time( INJURIES HAPPEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB ) now that is not true all of the time i will grant you that because i have had good friends get hurt during practice and they were doing right but anyways i am getting carried away. Remember i am a 2001 graduate my number was #58 so i know what you are going through. GREAT GAME THIS PAST FRIDAY KEEP IT UP #27 i think that's your number. BY the way just keep showing up in the 4th qt. you db's are making things happen. ;)

Well, if you get hurt anytime, as a football player you are goin to play through it anyways.  J.V. games are like another day of practice, but you are getting to hit ppl besides your teammates.  So what if you get hurt in practice.  It is the same thing, because we go just as hard in practice as at games.  It is not just soph. It is everyone besides: Srs. and the Qb.  We usually only play a quarter or so unless it is a tight game.  So I look at it as another day of practice b/c we really dont pratice on thursdays.  I do see where yall are coming from tho.

825355899[/snapback]