Mckenzie vs. Trenton

htownfan

Black&Blue,

If all goes as set up by TSSAA next season, JCS will move up to 2A along with USJ so they won't figure into 1A when we move down. You are right though, both JCS and USJ would be very tough competition for us otherwise.

volsandtitans1,

Good to see you back on here. The points that you made in your post are very appropriate and, near 100% of our problems. Without the problems you mentioned, McKenzie would probably be 5-0 right now. They have to be fixed quick or the rest of this season could get ugly for the Rebels. Like you said, we have to get back to basics---blocking and tackling!

825356334[/snapback]

Thats key. Our offense can get us down the field one way (Run) or other (pass). We just have to make tackles.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duckman, as far as I know you are correct about USJ moving up to 2A but I believe JCS will still stay in 1A. It will be fun if they get put in the same division but any way good luck with the rest of your season.

Just a casual observation about McKenzie and the posts on here. Maybe ya'll need a more balanced offensive attack. I noticed you throw the ball twice as much as everyone else, and you have a great QB, but if you have problems on defense, try ball control.

Black&Blue,

You may be right about JCS? I read a posting by the TSSAA that had both Jackson schools moving up to 2A back in mid-summer but, who knows. The Jackson Sun also made comments to that effect????

Anyway, best of luck to your bunch the rest of the year too.

I agree that a bit more balance in our offense would help somewhat but, there is more to our NOT using our running game than folks know (that arent following the team this season). We really haven't had a running game much of the time this year. For some reason, Cody Cook hasn't been used on offense very much so far except in a couple of games and only then when we got 2-3 TD's behind???!!! We definitely need to control the ball more and a runnuing game would be a big help.

We started using the "fun and gun" offense last season and had learned to work more running into it by the playoffs. It really paid off against Cheatham Co. We'll just have to see if the coaches and team can get back to that point again (and hopefully soon).

I hear both of ya'll, I don't coach 'em, I just watch'em. I'm sure not the only one around here that would like to see a more effective (or should I say USED) running game from the Rebels. I truly believe that we should be a passing team but, we HAVE to run some to keep defenses honest!

Our defense may well be too weak this season to really make much of a showing before next year?

Of the 5 games we have left in regular season play, 3 of those teams are REAL good and the other two could easily have a shot at us if we play like we did this past Friday night.

#1.  My name isn't Bobby.

#2.  I do know McKenzie football history ( at least back to the 1940's ).

#3.  I don't necessarily disagree with anything said.

#4.  Done my time coaching (but, I still have my old MHS helmet).

#5.  I know that McKenzie is stretching it to be a good team this season.

#6.  I know kids sometimes don't tell it all when it comes to practicing.

McKenzie's Rebels aren't in shape and aren't ready to play mentally.

Nothing I've said should be taken personally, it's more of a challenge to step up and get the job done for the Rebels. I don't have a dislike for a single player or coach on the team. I am a Rebel to the end. Someting isn't right and everyone knows it. It needs fixing.

825356180[/snapback]

Let's clear a few things up Duckman

1. Agree your name isn't Bobby try Charles

2. Maybe the late 50's not the 40's

3. Ok

4. You coached baseball

5. Agree

6. Agree

Take a stand man, you are either for McKenzie or for Huntingdon.....which is it.

If you knew me you wouldn't have to ask! I've been a Rebel fan all my life and don't have any plans to change. I've discussed Huntingdon football on here as well as many others from many other towns have! No big deal.

Gosh, I even have co-workers and friends from Huntingdon that I kid around with on here. So?

I mentioned my years of coaching experience merely to point out that I am familiar with the fact that players will sometimes try to put something over on coaches and that it takes a great deal of dedication on the part of both coaches and players to maintain a successful program.

Actually, I do know a good bit of Rebel history back into the '40's too. Didn't say I lived it all, I just know it!

Don't see the point in ur question.? Anyone around here that knows anything about me at all knows who I support and it doesn't involve anything to do with a horse! Any more pointless questions???????

Edited by duckman38201