Huntingdon @ Camden

rcombs

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction wasn't off too bad. Camden has a great team this year, and several atheletes. They should be hosting the Round 1 playoff game at home, and hopefully will meet Huntingdon again in Round 3. There was a few controversial calls in tonights game in my opinion though. What about when #55 for Huntingdon was clipped while pursing Camden's quarterback? Overall it was a good game, with a HUGE crowd. Good luck to Camden the rest of the season.

My hat's off to the Huntingdon fans that attended the game at Camden tonight. They have, by far, the most class of any fans around. I guess they are accustomed to winning, expect to win, and tend not to run their mouths when they do win. It was Camden's most exciting game since the McKenzie game. Camden Stadium was rocking tonight! When the three Lion captains came out on the field before the game, the Camden crowd went nuts. I knew it was going to be big Camden fan night. The crowd was around 3500. The defending state champions did a good job tonight, and the Camden fans will look forward to game #2 in, what does Huntingdon call it, season #2?

Boo Weathers had 261 yds on 27 carries and 3 TD's (unofficially). Chris Donald had 140 yds on 14 carries and 1 TD. Huntingdon rushed for a little over 400 yds and held Camden to 92. Had Huntingdon punched it in from the 3 early in the 2nd quarter when leading 14-0, then this game would have never been in doubt. But, Markham did a good job of finding a ocuple of open receivers and getting the Lions back into the game. Camden has a much improved team but they still have a ways to go to play at the level Huntingdon is used to playing at.

Boo Weathers had 261 yds on 27 carries and 3 TD's (unofficially).  Chris Donald had 140 yds on 14 carries and 1 TD.  Huntingdon rushed for a little over 400 yds and held Camden to 92.  Had Huntingdon punched it in from the 3 early in the 2nd quarter when leading 14-0, then this game would have never been in doubt.  But, Markham did  a good job of finding a ocuple of open receivers and getting the Lions back into the game.  Camden has a much improved team but they still have a ways to go to play at the level Huntingdon is used to playing at.

825364427[/snapback]

That's true, but there was no "running it up" tonight in Camden. The state champs had a good fight on their hands. I think those two backs will be hard for anybody to stop. Huntingdon's qb doesn't get enough press either. He really impresses me with his stability in the ball handling dept. and accurate passing. But you have to admit, H'town doesn't usually go into the 4th stanza losing. They had to get their lunch boxes out to finish off the Lions tonight. And state champs or not, we ain't scared of the big bully on the block anymore!

Edited by @38320

What a game! It was back and forth! Camden was actually leading going into the 4th quarter! Respect earned! Both teams were at the highest level tonight, and a couple plays gone the other way would mean the exact opposite score! But all in all, Huntingdon got the things done to win and Camden had their chances to win, but didn't capitalize! Good job, Stangs! Looking forward to seeing this matchup again in Round 3! Good luck on the rest of your season!

Camden, don't put your heads down! That was a BALLTEAM that beat you guys tonight! And now you know, you can win that game! You can beat H-town! Now you know what it takes to beat a program of their level! Good luck with Milan, I hope you win because Milan05 will stfu! See you guys in November!

Again I say congtratulations to the Lions. Porta-pottys on our side were nice but what we needed was bleachers brought in from the park for the large number of fans that had to stand. Lots of older fans came up in the stands looking for seats but most folks had been there an hour before the game and didn't want to give them up. Thanks for the hospitality and we'll see you at Paul Ward Stadium in week 3... Looking at the Lion's schedule I don't think they will lose another game. Good luck the rest of the year.