Huntingdon @ Camden

rcombs

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone or Everyone, I am just curious as to what gave Camden the big boost this year. I don't know very much about them or this region...just that Huntingdon is pretty darn good and that McKenzie was a road block in years past for my team for some reason! Anyway, like i said, what is it that gave Camden the big jump because i know last year they nearly upset our region champion in the first round of the playoffs! So what has sent them from the #4 spot in the region to a believed state contender? Once again, i know pretty much nothign about this region or this team..i've just been hearing the hype.

Edited by dback33

Anyone or Everyone,  I am just curious as to what gave Camden the big boost this year.  I don't know very much about them or this region...just that Huntingdon is pretty darn good and that McKenzie was a road block in years past for my team for some reason! Anyway, like i said, what is it that gave Camden the big jump because i know last year they nearly upset our region champion in the first round of the playoffs! So what has sent them from the #4 spot in the region to a believed state contender? Once again, i know pretty much nothign about this region or this team..i've just been hearing the hype.

825359321[/snapback]

Coach Ward(87' Milan graduate and QB on the 86' team) has instilled a winnning attitude in his 2nd year as head coach.

Coach Ward(87' Milan graduate and QB on the 86' team) has instilled a winnning attitude in his 2nd year as head coach.

825359341[/snapback]

Jees, I went by and watched a little practice today at Huntingdon. It was brutal. Looked like they were going through early summer practice rather than the typical season practice. I think coach mansfield is getting his point across. Friday should be a real doozy. ;)

Anyone or Everyone,  I am just curious as to what gave Camden the big boost this year.  I don't know very much about them or this region...just that Huntingdon is pretty darn good and that McKenzie was a road block in years past for my team for some reason! Anyway, like i said, what is it that gave Camden the big jump because i know last year they nearly upset our region champion in the first round of the playoffs! So what has sent them from the #4 spot in the region to a believed state contender? Once again, i know pretty much nothign about this region or this team..i've just been hearing the hype.

825359321[/snapback]

Great head coach, hard work, tremendous assistants, long hours, good jr. high program feeding in, good jr. high coaches, these current upperclassmen had a great winning percentage while in jr. high (around 90% I think), good senior leadership, good kids in general, smart quarterback, hard nosed captains, and did I mention hard work?

Edited by @38320

Camden loses to 25 yard field goal with time expiring....if they had a kicker.

Huntingdon 35 Camden 21

825358009[/snapback]

Excuse me! But please get your facts straight. Camden's kicker has hit 7 out of 8 extra 3 point kicks and has yet to miss an extra point kick. If any doubt how good the Camden kicker is just ask Mckenzie. I believe it is Huntingdon that has no kicker. Seems like the Huntingdon Coach said that in the Jackson Sun. I dont know how this game will turn out. But the team is pumped and ready. The Camden fans will be out there cheering the lions on. Camden has really got behind these young men and it shows at each ballgame. Camden has had more fans there at times than the schools we have been playing. No one can say that the Camden side will be quiet during a ballgame. They will be loud and cheering on the boys with all their hearts. Beside, if my memory is right Camden beat Milan in preseason didnt they?

Go Black!!!!!! :D

This is a crucial game for both teams with the winner playing the first two games at home during the playoffs. No doubt in my mind these two teams will meet again in the playoffs. I look for Huntingdon to come out on top... 27-10. Several adjustments have been made on both sides of the ball. Which team will be able to make adjustments as the game is played? That's who will win!

Camden is a good football team. I do believe Huntingdon is better, however. McKenzie didn't start playing until after the 1st quarter, and that killed them. Letting them get a 17-0 lead was bad, but as you can tell McKenzie isn't totally down as they did come back and tie it. Then, when down by 7, they lost the ball inside the 20 with under a minute left. Camden is a good football team, but if Huntingdon plays to their potential, I believe they will win. Good luck to both teams.