Huntingdon @ Camden

rcombs

hey man let it go..

i have a bone to pick with all you huntingdon fans:

i'm really disappointed in huntingdon's fans. in the last quarter of the martin westview game i noticed that no more than 20 fans in the stands were standing up.  i guess everyone just kinda assumed that the mustangs would pull it out.  i'm not saying for sure it would have made a difference, but it doesnt hurt to stand up and make some noise for the team you support.  i could see how people can think that we're a bunch of cocky fans after bringing about twice the amount of fans martin had and just sitting around like a bunch of people supporting USJ.

hopefully it wont be like this this week at Camden. the camden fans are hyped up about this and we should be as well.  i hated that huntingdon was such a unanimous favorite in the first place as far as all these meaningless polls go.  now maybe the fans wont be so confident in the unknown.

P.S. do they still have that crazy PA announcer over at camden.  it sounded like that was him doing the radio broadcast when i tuned in a few weeks ago.

825356746[/snapback]

We got a new announcer last year. Our other announcer went back to being a full-time lawyer/big fan. I smiled at your post because two years ago when Huntingdon was beating the Camden squad by several dozen, he got on the p.a. late in the 3rd quarter and yelled, "That's enough Mansfield." He thought Huntingdon should put their younger players in earlier in the game. This season you can hear him yelling from the stands. He is a genuine fan and lives for Friday night football. But to my knowledge he hasn't started radio yet.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Huntingdon played sloppy against Westview and I hate to say that i think they overlooked them, but Coach Mansfield will have them ready this week and i would hate to be Camden Friday.  Every team, no matter how good has a bad game or two, but the good teams over come and learn form losses.  Losing a game will be the best thing that happens to Huntingdon alll year.  They are truly ready now.

825356628[/snapback]

they should have been ready friday night.

hey man let it go..

i have a bone to pick with all you huntingdon fans:

i'm really disappointed in huntingdon's fans. in the last quarter of the martin westview game i noticed that no more than 20 fans in the stands were standing up.  i guess everyone just kinda assumed that the mustangs would pull it out.  i'm not saying for sure it would have made a difference, but it doesnt hurt to stand up and make some noise for the team you support.  i could see how people can think that we're a bunch of cocky fans after bringing about twice the amount of fans martin had and just sitting around like a bunch of people supporting USJ.

hopefully it wont be like this this week at Camden. the camden fans are hyped up about this and we should be as well.  i hated that huntingdon was such a unanimous favorite in the first place as far as all these meaningless polls go.  now maybe the fans wont be so confident in the unknown.

P.S. do they still have that crazy PA announcer over at camden.  it sounded like that was him doing the radio broadcast when i tuned in a few weeks ago.

825356746[/snapback]

in all the years that i went to school at HHS i rarely saw the crowd get up and cheer for their stangs. at most all they will do is stand up with their and in pockets while maybe 20 or so from the student section will try to go along with the cheerleaders and get a chant started, but everyone else will just stand around looking at them like they are idiots. im not sayin that huntingdon fans never get up and cheer, maybe once every two years will the whole crowd get into it....its lame at how much importance is put on football in that town but yet they are too good to cheer and motivate their kids and the players in general.

will we find that huntindon had a bad night or just cant tackle a very good running back when put to the test.

825357353[/snapback]

I agree hardhead70, everyone wants to say huntingdon had a bad night? why b/c westview the underdog beat them...huntingdon didnt have a bad night they just couldnt catch guy, and there kicking game sucked

H-town will learn from the Martin game!! They learned they have no bench!! Camden wil get some mustang blood this week. There is a new Region champ in 6 AA after Friday. H-town will make the playoffs as a runner up this year. Then it will  be one and done for the boys in blue. Maybe next year.

825356609[/snapback]

I agree that it will be a good game but i say lions up by a touchdown or maybe a blow-out if the lions force huntingdon to pass i say 31-24