Franklin County

onlyaspectator

I attended the FC/ Shelbyville game Friday night. As usual I try to keep up with the Region 3 teams. I have also heard about the QB situation at FC and was somewhat anxious to see what took place in 4 quarters of play!

I observed their starting QB for 2 quarters and to say the least he struggled. He had a difficult time with the passing game and not very affective with the running game.

In the second half, after the first series, I saw an entire team take a different attitude when #2 Russell came in as QB. FC moved the ball quite well during the second half and Russell himself, is very affective keeping the ball. He drove the team downfield and they scored. Russell scored himself on a keeper and got them in FG range twice.

I might mention, that I was sitting on the visitors side when #2 was ejected from the game and from where I was , it looked as if the visiting team started with one of the FC players and #2 was only trying to break up the scuffle. No reason for him to be thrown out of the game.

On my way home from the game, I tuned into the local radio station, to listen to the post- game show. I heard a coach give another coach alot of the credit for his defensive players, never once mention the difference that Russell made in the second half, other than to say his team moved the ball a little better in the second half. Yet, he commented more than once about how #4 made a big play on the kickoff and w/ the FG.

Now I'm only a spectator but if this is the way the football program is at FC, they will be lucky to keep a decent team. Players should earn their position and be "noticed" when doing a good job. A coach can't give all the glory to a player that was clearly not the hero and then never mention the players that really made a difference.

The players know and the fans know what seems to work best for a team. A coach knows even better! If a coach expects his players to step out on the field and play to win, he should realize that his players expect the same from their coach!

Edited by onlyaspectator

not to take anything away from #4 but when you play qb at this level and in these regions you better have some talent.and you can say all you want about russells ankle and we need to keep him on defense.but he is the final key to this offense and with out him on the offensive side of the ball,fc fans should get ready for a big loss.no matter how good your defense is although they dont give up many points if you cant score you lose.we saw that happen in the lc game.they brought him in way too late.and if you noticed last night the same thing almost happened.but he got in the ball game early enough to put some drives together.he has to play qb or we want go far thats all it is to it.not to take away anything from henn.....i like him and if he could move a bit better he would be a different qb.

not to take anything away from #4 but when you play qb at this level and in these regions you better have some talent.and you can say all you want about russells ankle and we need to keep him on defense.but he is the final key to this offense and with out him on the offensive side of the ball,fc fans should get ready for a big loss.no matter how good your defense is although they dont give up many points if you cant score you lose.we saw that happen in the lc game.they brought him in way too late.and if you noticed last night the same thing almost happened.but he got in the ball game early enough to put some drives together.he has to play qb or we want go far thats all it is to it.not to take away anything from henn.....i like him and if he could move a bit better he would be a different qb.

825355649[/snapback]

I agree with that statement!!!

Then go ahead and play him at Qb., and Db. and get him hurt, and lose him for the year, because if he already has an injured ankle that's probably what will happen. From what I've been told his ankle is very bad right now, and it wouldn't take much to put him out. Don't you think that the coaches (who just happen, to see both in practice every day and know what each one can do and can't do) are just trying to get the very most out of #2 that they can, without losing him for either a few games, or the year. He is very valuable to the defense also, get him knocked out and you lose in effect 2 players not just one. You can harp all you want about #4 but, in our game if your recievers had caught about 4 of the passes that they dropped right in their hands it would have help your cause greatly. I'll completely agree with you that #2 is a better runner than #4 but, that just puts him in danger even more as far as getting hurt, but from what I saw in our game he is nowhere near #4 in the passing dept. ;)

It's not just about who is the better man for the job, it has alot to do w/ the other 10 players on the field. Which one do they feel more comfortable with and which one can get the job done,

I was at the FC/LC game and all around me I heard people commenting on the difference between #4 and #2. Plus I saw for myself what happened when they made the QB change.I heard that at the Shelbyville game the fans went wild when they put #2 in at QB.

But it's not about I think, or the fans or even the other players....look at the stats, then tell me who makes the biggest difference!

I think Mantooth has done great things for the FC football program! I think that "onlyaspectator" made a good point when talked about the post game show! how do you not acknowledge the difference that #2 made in the second half, yet praise #4 more than once for what he brought to the game. It's almost as if he intentionally made NO comments about any of the other players and made a point to make #4 the hero!

Edited by geturgameon

Then go ahead and play him at Qb., and Db. and get him hurt, and lose him for the year, because if he already has an injured ankle that's probably what will happen. From what I've been told his ankle is very bad right now, and it wouldn't take much to put him out.  Don't you think that the coaches (who just happen, to see both in practice every day and know what each one can do and can't do) are just trying to get the very most out of #2 that they can, without losing him for either a few games, or the year. He is very valuable to the defense also, get him knocked out and you lose in effect 2 players not just one. You can harp all you want about #4 but, in our game if your recievers had caught about 4 of the passes that they dropped right in their hands it would have help your cause greatly. I'll completely agree with you that #2 is a better runner than #4 but, that just puts him in danger even more as far as getting hurt, but from what I saw in our game he is nowhere near #4 in the passing dept. <_<

825355806[/snapback]

i know that he is hurt.you talk about the throwing of #4.they let #2 throw one time in that ballgame.when you have a player like that you have got to play him.he wants to be there and he is willing to lay it on the line to do it.because the game probably was the region title. so that makes a difference who plays at home and on the road.we see stars play hurt all the time and never would i want to see him get hurt but if he wants to be out there let him. they are willing to let him play runnung back at times but no one says anything about that.but at qb when he comes in and saves the game then people start talking.