Top 5 2a teams in the state

milancantbestopped61

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason i put westview at top was because they lost to milan by two. The only reason that they lost that game was bc of the horrible play calling by coach coady. Also, the other game they lost was to crocket county. They lost that one by two as well. If the corner would have gotten blocked on a play and not made westviews QB fumble the ball then westview probably would have came out victorious. I could be wrong bc i dont know much about the middle and east tennessee schools, but as far as i know westview has shown the most competitiveness thus far. Also, i know of no one that has had as hard of a schedule this year. crocket, milan, huntington, and humbolt.

Polk and Tyner would have to be in the top 10

825355778[/snapback]

I noticed the AP polls have Tyner at #9 and Polk Co. at #7. To me this is a joke. I would like to believe that Polk Co. can beat Tyner, but just don't think it will happen. Tyner is in the top 5, but Polk may not even be in the top 10 of the state. I have seen both teams play and Polk just dosn't have the speed to be a top 5 team. They do have a very good defense, but their offense just can't hold up with the teams of the west or Tyner. Also they really haven't played anybody. If I'm not mistaken Tyner and Polk play this week so we may get a better look at how good each team is.

1.Waverly

2.Cheatam Co

3.Fairview

4.Fairview Middle

5.Freedom Middle

Honorable Mention

Creekwood,Independence,Green Lilies Daycare,Riverdale elementary school, Meigs Magnet School of Hard Knocks, School of the Deaf and blind, westmoreland.

the point is there are alot of good 2-A schools so there isnt really one person who is more right then anyone else. except me because my list is correct.

Edited by FvHSJackets9

1.Waverly

2.Cheatam Co

3.Fairview

4.Fairview Middle

5.Freedom Middle

Honorable Mention

Creekwood,Independence,Green Lilies Daycare,Riverdale elementary school, Meigs Magnet School of Hard Knocks, School of the Deaf and blind, westmoreland.

the point is there are alot of good 2-A schools so there isnt really one person who is more right then anyone else. except me because my list is correct.

825359353[/snapback]

...Thank you

I don't care if they lost to Westview or not folks, Huntingdon is still the BEST 2A team in the state until proven otherwise.  I saw that some moron said that Huntingdon & David Lipscomb were co-#1's, LOL!!!  Huntingdon made beating David Lipscomb in last year's Blue Cross Bowl look like a spring game against Fayette Ware.  IT WAS A LAUGHER FROM THE OPENING PLAY OF THE GAME!!!!  I see that Alcoa has a loss on their record, yes I know that it was to Maryville but come on now folks 55-6 is spelled BLOWOUT!!!  I saw that someone said Milan was #1.  I say that Milan will get their shot to prove that in two short weeks when the Mustangs come calling.  McKenzie could have made a case, but that went out the window when they lost to Camden (who may be the top 2A team in the state).  Westview did beat Huntingdon, but the loss to Milan may have ruined their shot for a #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs.  Goodpasture has the best talent in all of 2A, but their inability to run the football will ultimately be their downfall in November.  Hey Gerry Bertier, Fairview did have a right to stake their claim as being a top five team but after losing to Mont. Central the answer is NO!  Cheatham and Lewis County are both sleepers this season, but neither one of them are in my top five.  East Robertson was rolling until Cheatham rolled them last Friday night so how can they even begin to say that they will beat a team like David Lipscomb.  GW Carver and Mitchell are both very talented football teams, but coaching and the fact that one of them would have to travel in the semifinals (if they are fortunate enogh to get there) eliminates their Blue Cross Bowl aspirations.  How could I have forgotten about Tyner???  The fact of the matter is that whipping BGA would have looked good, except for this year.  The Rams are solid, but David Lipscomb has too much for them in the end.  Now that brings us back to Huntingdon.  The Mustangs can do one of two things:

1.) stink it up and play like the defending champs because it is all pointless until the playoffs begin.

2.) Sit around and feel sorry for yourselves and let Camden & Milan beat you senseless for the next two weeks. 

Here are my top five teams in 2A (as of 9/28/04):

1.) GW Carver

2.) Camden

3.) Huntingdon

4.) David Lipscomb

5.) Milan

There are a bunch of teams that I would consider to be honorable mentions:

1.) Goodpasture

2.) Alcoa

3.) Mitchell

4.) Westview

5.) Tyner Academy

6.) Cheatham

7.) Lewis County

8.) East Robertson

9.) Mckenzie

10.) Chester County

11.) Fairview

12.) Humboldt

13.) Polk County

14.) Westmoreland

15.) Loretto

BTW, those 15 honorable mentions are in NO CERTAIN ORDER so don't criticize the post for that.  The top 5 teams are in the order that I feel as of today, but it could change next week.  One thing is for sure, and that is the fact that these are 20 of the 32 teams that will be playing in week eleven come the first Friday night in November.  Best of luck to each of these schools for the remainder of the season.

825359202[/snapback]

You included Loretto. I do remember Riverside beating them in a scrimmage before the season started. Don't get me wrong, Loretto has a good team, but Riverside doesn't get any credit because of their record.