Powell v Maryville

PUCKERUP

No, I did not forget Alcoa. I know they are 2A but as a football team they are not very good in my opinion. If they run the table in 2A then that is great and I hope they do, but I don't think they were that sharp vs. Maryville. Heritage heald the best RB they have to less than 100 yards. We'll see.

Maryville has had no trouble scoring thus far and MoWest was not a test. Sorry but if a challenge is comming during the regular season it will come from Knox Central. Unless of course MHS lays the ball down or throws 4-5 int's, they will be 10 and 0 at seasons end from my view.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebelraider are u not sick of hearing the same thing every week. Everybody always says o i think maryville will meet their match this week or this week will be maryvilles real test. Im not tryin to sound cocky but come on guys we have blown everybody outta the water and we will do the same to powell. Powell is supposed to be HUGE one guy said yeah....alcoa was supposed to be good and mo west was supposed to beat us again this year. DONT THINK SO. Maryville has way too much talent and way too much depth. maryvilles real test will be winning state. Maryville will finish the season 10-0 and the playoffs will be at maryville once again.

RebelRaider and NoOneParticular...Good luck on your exams today and tomorrow. Back to the game...it wont be close so im not even going to go to the game, waste of time.

Rebelraider you and your boys need to lay off me at school too, it hard work being a pimp.

825361564[/snapback]

well dumbpost when you are pimping girls in the school, thats when its a problem.

but anyways, yeah MHSREBELS, it does get old. every week these haters come out here and are like holy crap someone is finally gonna take down Maryville, and every week MHS goes out there and beats up on them and makes them look like they came straight from the 11 and 12 year old leagues. these people just make up stuff so that they will have something to talk about with their friends all day long, they really need to get out and have a life. Maryville is too good for most teams this year, state and central will be our tests this year, and im sure we will win those as predicted. so all you fans of other teams that are so jealous of us, give it up, you arent as good as we are.

Keeping it clean and on Football, Maryville needs to improve on 4 key issues if they are going to have a shot at another state title, in my opinion.

#1 MHS thus far fumbles the ball almost 4 times a game. We've been fortunate that our opponents have not been that good capitalize upon this fact. Better teams will get points on turnovers. Maryville does. Look at the WB 18 yard punt, last week. That hurt WB for sure. Not a turnover per say but a costly mistake. One fumble at the wrong time could be deadly and allow the best team not to win.

#2 Penalties 29 have cost the Rebs about 190 yards or about 8% of the total offensive yards. I think a championship team needs to cut these numbers some.

#3 The secondary needs to play better. I do expect as the team gets back some key experienced players from injury this coverage will improve. Another key point is the top 10 tacklers all play in the front seven and the staff is rotating well keeping fresh meat in the trenches.

#4 Emotion. The crowd needs to pump up the team and make sure the second half of the schedule is not humdrum because I don't see any challenges in the schedule. I do think Knox West and Central will have the best chance of beating the Rebels should the team decide to not show up like last years MorWest debacle! Go Rebs

anyways, back to the game.  powell cant compete with Maryville, and i dont even see this one being a close game.  I guess our real test will come in four weeks against central.  this will be an awesome game, helton is tough as always and they will be a great game.  im looking forward to them coming to town.  in my 4th block class today i had a teacher have enough gaul to say in front of an entire class that some people need to have class on here. not to mention any names but he coaches softball for the rebels,  for some reason i think some of these comments were directed towards me, i got several stares during this speech.  i think it was pretty crappy of this teacher to make a speech during a class about such things that have nothing to do with music, just a thought. anyone have any thoughts on whether this was appropriate for foundations of music?

825357875[/snapback]

RebelRaider

First of all, I didn't know that anyone in my class was a coacht poster, so I could not have directed my comments towards you personally. Obviously some of my comments must have been true if you thought my remarks were intended for you, and if your classmates gave you several stares. I had no idea who RebelRaider was until you declared that you were in my class---now I know.

As a teacher, I am charged with the responsibility of teaching not only the subject matter, but also ethics...common values, if you will. These include honesty, fairness, civility, decency, courtesy, good sportsmanship, responsibility for our own behavior, dependability, and many others. I used coacht as an example of how people often hide behind an anonymous pen name to say hateful or untrue comments or to bash a person without having any accountability for what is said. I did not tell you what to write nor censor what you have already written, not only because I didn't know you were RebelRaider, but also because that would not be right to do. To answer your question, yes it was appropriate for me to discuss being accountable for one's own behavior by using coacht as an example. I had no intentions of singling you out or of making you upset with me. I'm sorry that you believe otherwise.

Ken Hawkins

Edited by KenHawk

No, I did not forget Alcoa.  I know they are 2A but as a football team they are not very good in my opinion.  If they run the table in 2A then that is great and I hope they do, but I don't think they were that sharp vs. MaryvilleHeritage heald the best RB they have to less than 100 yards.  We'll see.

Maryville has had no trouble scoring thus far and MoWest was not a test.  Sorry but if a challenge is comming during the regular season it will come from Knox Central.  Unless of course MHS lays the ball down or throws 4-5 int's, they will be 10 and 0 at seasons end from my view.

825362391[/snapback]

This says it all really. I have a tad higher opinion of alcoa though. Alcoa should run the table from here out. The only tema we have need to truly worry about is the same team every year, Central. Central has Zack Helton at QB though, so we should win.

raider, dumbpost, noone, I've seen ya'll. I wouldn't think pimpin is your specialty :huh: Just kidding guys, ya'll run the show down in the students pit at the games...KEEP THOSE FLAGS FLYIN!!! thumb

why are we even still talking about this game? Who cares how big or who anybody has played. If you think about it, no one in East Tennessee plays any hard teams. Lets play some teams from Florida or Texas then we will see how weak all teams are around here. Maryville will still win tonight by 6 or 7 touchdowns. Maryville will go undefeated all the way to states so lets just stop talking about these meaningless games and talk about something else.

RebelRaider stop hatin...You know you my boy!

kh, raider, let it go at that. I've known kh a long time (though not in a personal way, observation really) and I've met raider. Your both good guys, no matter how it comes out here. Inflection is tough to read in the written word. Your both Rebel to the core and I salute you.......SAAAALUUTE!!

It was a misunderstanding....GO REBELS!! thumb :huh:

Keeping it clean and on Football, Maryville needs to improve on 4 key issues if they are going to have a shot at another state title, in my opinion. 

#1  MHS thus far fumbles the ball almost 4 times a game.  We've been fortunate that our opponents have not been that good capitalize upon this fact.  Better teams will get points on turnovers.  Maryville does.  Look at the WB 18 yard punt, last week.  That hurt WB for sure.  Not a turnover per say but a costly mistake.  One fumble at the wrong time could be deadly and allow the best team not to win. 

#2  Penalties  29 have cost the Rebs about 190 yards or about 8% of the total offensive yards.  I think a championship team needs to cut these numbers some. 

#3 The secondary needs to play better.  I do expect as the team gets back some key experienced players from injury this coverage will improve.  Another key point is the top 10 tacklers all play in the front seven and the staff is rotating well keeping fresh meat in the trenches.

#4 Emotion.  The crowd needs to pump up the team and make sure the second half of the schedule is not humdrum because I don't see any challenges in the schedule.  I do think Knox West and Central will have the best chance of beating the Rebels should the team decide to not show up like last years MorWest debacle!  Go Rebs

825362934[/snapback]

Hi FBE,

Good notation/post. However, I'd like to point out that a good percentage of the negatives came from second and third string players. Starters do need to improve but I would like to see the comparative stats among the three groups of players.

Maybe RebelRon or other MHS faithfull that's knowledgable could back me up on this.

Reguards to the Board

Mapp