What about DeWayne Caldwell?

owls24

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched this junior play. He is quick to the holes and if you don't wrap him up quickly, he will leave you eating grass. For not being very big, he has shown some power, but not anything like Flanagan. He is a little faster than Flanagan and has a real knack for finding a hole.

I wouldn't be surprised that D1 schools might be looking at him, but I think he will be probably better served in 1AA.

Who knows how many yards he will have this season after Bradley and Heritage. He should be over 1,500 by that time. Then the test will come with Soddy Daisy and Oak Ridge.

Dewayne can easily put on 15 lbs before next season. 5'9" 190 with insane speed sounds a little like someone else from Tennessee I've heard of: Lamarcus Coker. I do believe He is the number 2 back in the Southeast. Dewayne is actually a good deal quicker than Flanagan. Flanagan struggled with injuries his final 2 seasons, so you need to go back to his sophomore year (when he set the Chattanooga single season rushing record), to get a good comparison between he and Dewayne. Dewayne will be best served in D-IA, in my humble opinion, because with all the west coast offenses (based on getting speed in the open field) being run these days, he could really make an impact.