4A State Championship Predictions?

Devil10

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that Hillwood has a chance to at least go to the 3rd round? If they do I think that would be a great season for the Toppers. I just cant see them going past that round. I would like to see it because of all the adversity they had to go thru & the beginning of the season. They look like they bonded nicely thru Links absence.

I stand by my belief that any team that can make it through Region 5 and 6-4A regular season and then through the same bunch in three rounds of the playoffs has an incredible chance to win the state title.

Hillsboro, Hillwood, White House, Pearl-Cohn, Whites Creek, Stratford, Northwest, Overton, Northeast, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Columbia...

No disrespect meant to the eastern and western regions, but if you had 10 teams stacked per region with solid teams like this in each bunch, you'd be hard pressed to make runs like Maryville, Melrose tend to do every year.

I don't know about last year, but two years ago, the eight teams from Region 5-6 that went to the playoffs had a better overall record than any two-region playoff pairing in any class in the state of Tennessee.