Whats wrong in Gainesboro

4th&Goal2Go

Devilfanatic, I didn't know it was your son but I do think I know who you are. You would know me if I told you who I am. As a graduate of JCHS I want to see our team win. We had a few good games when I played but we never seem to put it all together. Every year we do great with our middle school ball but can't make it happen at the high school. Why is that? I know most good coaches don't want to move here but why can't we try to go out and get someone to help Coach Thaxton? I think we need some new blood with new ideas. What do you think? Would your son come back and play if things were to change at the high school?

Edited by bluedevil2002

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devilfanatic, I didn't know it was your son but I do think I know who you are. You would know me if I told you who I am. As a graduate of JCHS I want to see our team win. We had a few good games when I played but we never seem to put it all together. Every year we do great with our middle school ball but can't make it happen at the high school. Why is that? I know most good coaches don't want to move here but why can't we try to go out and get someone to help Coach Thaxton? I think we need some new blood with new ideas. What do you think? Would your son come back and play if things were to change at the high school?

825364714[/snapback]

There is no one in our county that wants to see our BOYS programs get back to respectability than me i promise you that. What we are witnessing on the football field not only this year but in the last few years is a disgrace. Is it one person's fault? No I don't point the blame entirely on one coach, we are going to need alot of help getting our football program back to being just a .500 ballclub. The first thing i would do is get our kids a weight room they deserve. I have been to alot of different highschools throughout my years and if there is a worse weight room than Jackson County's i don't know where its at. But having said that, we do have a weight room and to my knowledge its not being used very much and it shows. We don't have the dedication and committment it takes to field a winning team. All these kids play football at the youth and middle school level but once they get to high school no one wants to play because of the losing tradition of the program. However that was once the case with our girls basketball program as well, they lost almost all of their games before Coach Brown got there and 10 or 12 years later and 4 gold balls and a silver ball and all of a sudden we are a dynasty! Now every girl wants to play basketball and no one schedules him for their homecoming! Its going to take that same kind of committment from a coach to turn not only our football program but our boys sports in general around and we are never going to get the facilities until we do, thats just the way it is. So you ask whats the answer, its trying to find someone that WANTS to coach because they love it, they live it, they eat, sleep and breathe coaching, not just do it for the supplemental income! But thats just my opinion! thumb As for my oldest son coming back, well that can never happen as he would lose his eligibility, however there are boys out there walking the halls, like a Jacob Brunson that is by far the best athlete in Jackson County, who is a great football player but refuses to play for this coaching staff, or a Cody Bybee, he has been the starting quarterback since he was a freshmen, he's only a junior and how much better would our team have been with him at quarterback and Jacob at running back, and you add my son and Bobby Knight in the picture along with a Kendrick Bean and Devon Wright and you have the makings of a good team. If our program had been successful, instead of kids quitting or transferring out, you would have a sideline full of football players, and kids trying to move here to play. Thats just the way of the world so to speak, the days are gone when a good athlete has to play for a consistently bad program just because thats the county they live in. The parents are willing to move or do whatever it takes to get their kids in a winning program, and we have seen alot of that happening here lately. Hopefully someone, somewhere will figure it out, but until then it looks like we are going to be the "whipping boy, lets get them for homecoming" team for this region in football.

Edited by devilfanatic

Hey Fanatic does Jacob refuse to play for this coaching staff or does it have anything to do with the injury he sustained last year? Even if we had Cody back I don't think he would do any better than Matt because Matt doesn't have any blocking up front. Your son and Bobby are good athletes but I don't think their presence on the team would give us a better record, but it sure would help give some of these boys a rest if we had them on the team especially my son. Untill we get some more help on the coaching staff and some players that really want to play things won't change. Is Jon going to play baseball for Clay Co? He really needs to because he could be a good pitcher if he did.

Hey Fanatic does Jacob refuse to play for this coaching staff or does it have anything to do with the injury he sustained last year? Even if we had Cody back I don't think he would do any better than Matt because Matt doesn't have any blocking up front. Your son and Bobby are good athletes but I don't think their presence on the team would give us a better record, but it sure would help give some of these boys a rest if we had them on the team especially my son. Untill we get some more help on the coaching staff and some players that really want to play things won't change. Is Jon going to play baseball for Clay Co? He really needs to because he could be a good pitcher if he did.

825368181[/snapback]

I don't really want to say what Jacob's reasons are on here, the next time you see me just ask me and i'll tell ya. I definately agree that even if Jackson County had these 4 boys back playing that it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome in any of the games, but they would have been more competitive in some of them. This weekend is our only chance to win a game the rest of the year when Dekalb comes to town so hopefully they will get a win here. As for Jon playing baseball, well i am sure he will be playing AAU basketball after the season is over and they have asked him to play but its unlikely. Tell all the boys to keep their heads up and keep playing hard down there, i will be at the white-house heritage vs Clay Co. game this weekend. thumb

I don't really want to say what Jacob's reasons are on here, the next time you see me just ask me and i'll tell ya.  I definately agree that even if Jackson County had these 4 boys back playing that it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome in any of the games, but they would have been more competitive in some of them.  This weekend is our only chance to win a game the rest of the year when Dekalb comes to town so hopefully they will get a win here.  As for Jon playing baseball, well i am sure he will be playing AAU basketball after the season is over and they have asked him to play but its unlikely.  Tell all the boys to keep their heads up and keep playing hard down there, i will be at the white-house heritage vs Clay Co. game this weekend.  thumb

825368250[/snapback]

I will tell the boys for you. It has been very hard for them but at least they keep trying. I wish Jon the best of luck in what ever sport he plays. He is a great athlete. Tell your boys that I said hello. thumb

Difficult situation. What is the feeling of the community now concerning football being pretty much a year round activity. I know at one time there were some who felt like the kids did not need to be involved in weight training during the summer because Jackson County was a farming community and the kids did not have time for those things. It will take a change in this mind set for things to change at JCHS.

Difficult situation. What is the feeling of the community now concerning football being pretty much a year round activity. I know at one time there were some who felt like the kids did not need to be involved in weight training during the summer because Jackson County was a farming community and the kids did not have time for those things. It will take a change in this mind set for things to change at JCHS.

825368549[/snapback]

Coach has tried to do weight training. But when he does hardly anyone shows up. It's very hard to get some of the kids to show up on their own time, and for the kids who don't drive either some of their parents won't bring them or can't bring them. It's hard to get people to support the football program. The parents of the players won't even join the QB club. I believe it only has 10 to 15 parents in it.

Coach has tried to do weight training. But when he does hardly anyone shows up. It's very hard to get some of  the kids to show up on their own time, and for the kids who don't drive either some of their parents won't bring them or can't bring them. It's hard to get people to support the football program. The parents of the players won't even join the QB club. I believe it only has 10 to 15 parents in it.

825368618[/snapback]

So what do you believe is the solution. Until this changes there will probably not be significant change in the results that one sees on the field. What do you think?

So what do you believe is the solution. Until this changes there will probably not be significant change in the results that one sees on the field. What do you think?

825368667[/snapback]

Don't know what the solution is. I wish I knew. When it comes to the QB club alot of parents complain about everything but when you ask them to join the QB club they always have reasons why they can't. But they always expect the same 10 to 15 parents to raise money to help support football and to feed their kids after every game. :D