Huntingdon vs. Milan

m.b.r.b.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. Walker, Coleman, and Blount combined for 400 rushing yards. When you give up that many yards on the ground you will not win many games. Both teams made several mistakes. Huntingdon has 2 great backs and not much else on offense. Theyre defense really needs some work, they were DOMINATED all game. The milan coaches did a great job. Hope to see huntingdon at paul ward again this year.

Great game. Walker, Coleman, and Blount combined for 400 rushing yards. When you give up that many yards on the ground you will not win many games. Both teams made several mistakes. Huntingdon has 2 great backs and not much else on offense. Theyre defense really needs some work, they were DOMINATED all game. The milan coaches did a great job. Hope to see huntingdon at paul ward again this year.

825374147[/snapback]

Milan has one good back, and one who we made look good. They can't throw and right now they are better on defense. I say its a toss up who will win the next meeting, which if it happens, will be at Johnny Hale stadium.

I'll eat crow. But, this game meant nothing really except for the regular season standings. Huntingdon will still prolly get #1 in the region and will end up facing Camden in the playoffs. If they can win that, we have a repeat of last year. Milan vs. Huntingdon. Milan still has to win out thier region. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. I still will say Huntingdon was the better team, but onky because the win at Camden was a huge win and they may have the big win hangover. Milan, to you, good game, I congratulate you! Nice way to control Boo. But, you didn't stop Donald. If someone can find a way to stop both of them, Huntingdon will not make state. Not only that, if the first round opponent can stop them both, Huntingdon will not make round two. Those Cheatham County teams and their region are tougher than most people think!

Like I said before, good luck to both teams, and GO LIONS!

Oh, by the way, what the heck happened against Trenton?

Edited by rcombs

Boo was not so much stopped last night as he was under used. As is a few more players that can contribute to the offensive game. What happened when we went away from the 3 back threat, which started by the way, after the Chester County game. #1- We go to Westview and lose. #2- we go to Camden and have a 21 point turn around and barely win. #3- We go to Milan and give up another lead to lose again.

Remember everyone talking about the stables being full, well a horse can't be ridden unless you take him out of the stables. Most anyone who knows the stangs has a good idea who I am and I don't tend to post much, but when I do I speak what I think. I am not one to downgrade a kid, so having said this I don't want to be taken in the wrong text, but why on Gods green earth would you go away from something thats working. You have 3 backs you use at the first 4 games and no one knows what to expect because each is capable of a hundred plus yards on any given night. You take one of those kids away and the odds just changed in the opposing defenses favor. Now they only have 2 backs and a defense has a good idea of whats going to happen, all they have to do is look at the formation at hand. Then comes last night and it looked like Huntingdon thought they had only one back. You can't win a game in a team oriented sport with one individual. It takes a team---- use what God has been good enough to supply you with. We have the most awsome group of young men ever assembled in my opinion, but we are not utilizing them to their fullest potential and we will not repeat w/ out this happening. Coaches need to communicate w/ the players and the players should not be afraid that their suggestions could cause repercussions.

This is a team sport and TEAM includes coaches and players. You are a great bunch of guys, pick a leader and follow. You can pull this off but you have to band together and do what's right for the team! COME ON STANGS, PLAY LIKE CHAMPS!

Who had the broken leg? Lineman from Huntingdon or Milan? How is he doing? I hope he is ok, no matter where he is from.

825374062[/snapback]

That was #58 Karl Butler. His leg is not broken. Went to see him about an hour ago. Turns out it is just a high ankle sprain. He'll be back on his feet soon, unless he gets spoiled by all the sympathy from his mom:lol: