Fulton vs. Anderson County

PiGeOnS4LiFe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that answers my questions. If Fulton plays like that from here on out they can beat anybody. They just had too much for the Mavs. We have lost several key players from skill positions, mostly due to disciplinary issues. No excuses have been made from us, as the younger guys have stepped in and played very hard. I'm not trying to make excuses here either. This district is just so tough, and even the slightest let down punishes you. We will continue to play hard, you can count on that. Congrats to the Falcons, and good luck the rest of the way, you have a great team.

The Fulton game that year seemed to take so much out of the Mavs, emotionally and physically. After beating AE at AE that year during the regular season, the Mavs played their worst game of the year, and lost the following week to AE, who did go on to become state champs. What a district!

You are right that was before I came to Austin-East. But regardless of that game, neither team won the State Championship, A-E did.

825376867[/snapback]

Go on somewhere janu! We're not even talking about who won the State that year. We were talking about Fulton & AC playing - it had nothing to do with AE. Looks to me like you should be working on some discipline issues & not worry about what we're talking about.

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4

Go on somewhere janu! We're not even talking about who won the State that year. We were talking about Fulton & AC playing - it had nothing to do with AE. Looks to me like you should be working on some discipline issues & not worry about what we're talking about.

GO FALCONS!

825379094[/snapback]

I'll take that, it just sounds as if you are bitter for not winning the state that year. We did, enough said.

AERoadrunner-

One word for you...DILUSIONAL!!! Fulton clearly came out with the momentum in the game. If we keep even a portion of that momentum, we would have made it come down to the wire. In the second half, we began to sputter on offense and then started forcing some ill-advised passes for turnovers. Not to take anything away from AE's defense, they played phenomenally...but to say AE “flat out beat Fulton,” is a bit of an overkill. In a rematch, I am sure we would make the appropriate adjustments. Seems like you have a short memory...let me take you back to last year's playoffs!

Edited by msmoker21