Morristown West Fans2

bloodscanner

congratulations to east for the win--

maybe you mowest players are not in the mood right now to read this--but I'm behind you all the way--and I believe many others are, too--

one thing that stands out to me last night, and I might be wrong, but I did not see any quitters out there through the whole game--and I appreciate that--

remember, the season is not over!

and you do have fans that support you!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eastsenior

well, I stayed til the bitter end--

hard to watch 1st half--

start of second half it looked like we were coming back, then east got another one-

great win for east--

I was thinking at the end of the game why doesn't east put in the 2nd team, then I remembered--east doesn't have enough players for a second team!

the game should be good to get the younger ones interested in east football and come out and play--

good luck for the rest of the season--

there's supposed to be a chinese symbol for crisis---it's the same symbol used for opportunity

Bloodscanner,

You're correct. That was a hard one to watch. I hope the kids can find a solution to the problem that is plauging them at this point.

I was impressed with the first series that #4 took, leading MW down the field and running in for the score. I'd like to hear others thoughts on that as well.

Still behind you MW. Thick and thin.

hey dipman

4 looked good but had east let up with the game in hand?

I've always liked minnich--not flashy but a sound player (prefer to see those shorter passes than to the ones downfield, though)

remember, our problem wasn't so much offense as it was defense (better tackling and containment?)

anyway, like you said, through thick and thin

hey dipman

4 looked good but had east let up with the game in hand?

I don't really think that East let up. I do think they were hungry and played like it all the way through the game until the very last of the game, showing class by not moving the ball like they could have.

You're correct on the passing scheme. Plenty of opportunity for short passes, inside slant or crossing route - both seemed to be open. (It is easy to be a Saturday Morning QB though.)

I think Coach Woods said it best in the Citizen Tribune that he "can't play for them". That's a fact. The players themselves are going to have to find the spark and heart to play to their capability. There are some talented individuals on the team, but they're playing as just that - individuals. When they decide to come together and play for eachother I believe players and fans alike will see a marked difference.

Like my favorite quote: "Don't point a finger, lend a hand..."

GO TROJANS!!

dipper

if, in fact, part of the problem is that they don't play as a team, then I hope some of the players see your post and take it to heart and pass it on and do it--

thanks for showing your support

GO TROJANS!

I've seen some of them on the site and hopefully they will see it. My posts are meant to be constructive (I hope that is the way they are being perceived). They truly are a great group of young men who IMHO just need to do a little soul searching and ask themselves why they are out there.

The Citizen Tribune quoted Coach Woods saying "They're a spoiled team" and mentioned the things that the team did not do and those things will beat any team (just like UT this weekend). Coach Woods is right - the toughest opponent the team has right now is the West High Trojans.

But knowing the charecter of the team, I'm confident they can overcome this difficulty - if they want to.

Through thick and thin guys.

GO TROJANS!!

Its been hard to watch this group of boys. They have the talent, smarts and everything it takes to make a championship team....except heart, team work, and the dedication. Its like they think just because their West high the games are a giveme and their is no respect for the other teams. They seem to have no respect for what it took to get the program to what it is today or what it was the last few years. It is if they forget the blood and sweat of past teams. I watched this team in the spring and fall and again a week ago and it seems that they are just going threw the motions. The coaching staff are coaching their hearts out but their is no senior leadership on the team....but their is a lot of I. What will Coach Woods do?

mr t and d

I'm not sure how to respond--

the boys worked hard during the summer working out and busted it preseason trying to get ready--

I see them on the field getting blown out by a team yet not giving up--

I can't speak to the leadership or the lack thereof and won't speak to the coaching-

all I can say is that I support the players 100% and I believe they can turn things around--