Who are the best 2A teams?

CT2006

I agree westTN...out of those three Camden has the most balanced offense so playing teams that are good against the run Camden can pass and visa versa...if their defense can tighten up against the run they can definitely give those three teams a "run" for their money...then they will be a true contender for the the title. thumb

825379170[/snapback]

Well, you are right, IF Camden can tighten up their defense. Cuz, they are gonna score. Camden's puttin points up! Now, if only the defense could step up about 3 more notches and get a few more stops a game, they will be TRUE contenders! For those of you who haven't seen them, they WILL HIT YOU. IT WILL HURT. They play physical and dominating football. If they convert inside the 15 twice in week 6, they are 7-0. These guys have a good shot at the semi's, and a LONGSHOT for the title game. With all the tough teams in the west, it's really a toss up!

Milan is the strangest team this year. Rollercoaster ride it seems. They drop one to Trenton, and BAM knock out the defending state champs. Just punched them in the nose. Now they gotta beat Dresden to show some consistency. I give this team a third round loss.

Huntingdon. Another inconsitent team.But, don't ever count them out. Just ask David Lipscomb. Probably the most overratted team at times, other times the most underrated. I don't care what anyone says, Huntingdon has a shot to win every Friday night that they play, no matter what HS team they play. These boys come out to win every night, but they make too many mistakes, at times. I give this team third round. Then again this is Huntingdon, they might win it all!

Westview is probably the only team I have seen out of the ones I have mentioned that did not impress me when I saw them. Then again, I saw them week 2, and much has happened since then. With the recent emergence of Markei Guy, these guys have a shot at taking their region this year, and even maybe going to the semi's. I don't believe Milan has the guns WV has, but should be an interesting post season for all four of these teams.

I beleive the West has the title game locked down this year though. With so many TOUGH teams all packed into such a small area, the West is accostumed to extremely strong competition most every week.

The best in the state, throw Carver, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, and Westview into a battle and let the one that comes out alive be the best, and the rest line right up behind them. After that, Alcoa, Cheatham, I still say Rockwood, Fairview, and maybe even Lipscomb.

But, we'll all find out who the best are in November, now won't we?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you are right, IF Camden can tighten up their defense. Cuz, they are gonna score. Camden's puttin points up! Now, if only the defense could step up about 3 more notches and get a few more stops a game, they will be TRUE contenders! For those of you who haven't seen them, they WILL HIT YOU. IT WILL HURT. They play physical and dominating football. If they convert inside the 15 twice in week 6, they are 7-0. These guys have a good shot at the semi's, and a LONGSHOT for the title game. With all the tough teams in the west, it's really a toss up!

Milan is the strangest team this year. Rollercoaster ride it seems. They drop one to Trenton, and BAM knock out the defending state champs. Just punched them in the nose. Now they gotta beat Dresden to show some consistency. I give this team a third round loss.

Huntingdon. Another inconsitent team.But, don't ever count them out. Just ask David Lipscomb. Probably the most overratted team at times, other times the most underrated. I don't care what anyone says, Huntingdon has a shot to win every Friday night that they play, no matter what HS team they play. These boys come out to win every night, but they make too many mistakes, at times. I give this team third round. Then again this is Huntingdon, they might win it all!

Westview is probably the only team I have seen out of the ones I have mentioned that did not impress me when I saw them. Then again, I saw them week 2, and much has happened since then. With the recent emergence of Markei Guy, these guys have a shot at taking their region this year, and even maybe going to the semi's. I don't believe Milan has the guns WV has, but should be an interesting post season for all four of these teams.

I beleive the West has the title game locked down this year though. With so many TOUGH teams all packed into such a small area, the West is accostumed to extremely strong competition most every week.

The best in the state, throw Carver, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, and Westview into a battle and let the one that comes out alive be the best, and the rest line right up behind them. After that, Alcoa, Cheatham, I still say Rockwood, Fairview, and maybe even Lipscomb.

But, we'll all find out who the best are in November, now won't we?

825379359[/snapback]

Very well said

Why don't we do that just for the sake of it westTN2004!!!

East-TN- Alcoa & Tyner

Middle-TN- David Lipscomb & Goodpasture

West-TN- Huntingdon & GW Carver & Milan

Top Ten sleepers include: Camden, Westview, Cheatham, Fairview, Lewis County, Mitchell, Marion County, Westmoreland, Station Camp, and East Robertson

825367585[/snapback]

Cheatam, leis co, station camp, fairview, East robertson, none of these teams stand a chance against lipscomb, tyner huntington ,alcoa westview, and milan

State Finals = Alcoa vs. Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, Camden, Mitchell or G.W. Carver.

If alcoa is everything yall say they are then i guess thats one of my predictions on who(from the east) will be in the state finals to compete for the state championship. west, on the other hand, im not so sure about. there's so many contenders from the west, it's just hard to pick from.

Edited by westTN2004

Alcoa[/url]Boi' date='Oct 15 2004 - 07:55 AM']U act like Lipscomb can just punish every team in the state. It's a new year and anything can happen and I don't care where we play we will bring our A game. thumb

825382280[/snapback]

lipscomb may not punish every team in the state but they will make it a game and probably win against most teams. alcoa supposedly brought their a game to about the kickoff then it went down to about an f. we will see when lipscomb and alcoa meet again if they do then dustin lindsey and austin rogers will be the key matchups

lipscomb may not punish every team in the state but they will make it a game and probably win against most teams. alcoa supposedly brought their a game to about the kickoff then it went down to about an f. we will see when lipscomb and alcoa meet again if they do then dustin lindsey and austin rogers will be the key matchups

I don't know if Alcoa would be able to beat Lipscomb this year or not. But, I do know they have worked very hard this past year to get another opportunity to play DL, or whoever, in the playoffs. IF both teams make it back to the semis I expect to see a better game than last year. I will admit we got our teeth kicked in but I think the guys saw where they need to be to compete. Good luck to both teams as they fight to get back to the semi-finals this year.

lipscomb may not punish every team in the state but they will make it a game and probably win against most teams. we will see when lipscomb and alcoa meet again if they do then dustin lindsey and austin rogers will be the key matchups

I don't know if Alcoa would be able to beat Lipscomb this year or not. But, I do know they have worked very hard this past year to get another opportunity to play DL, or whoever, in the playoffs. IF both teams make it back to the semis I expect to see a better game than last year. I will admit we got our teeth kicked in but I think the guys saw where they need to be to compete. Good luck to both teams as they fight to get back to the semi-finals this year.

825383556[/snapback]

...Hey guys, no guarantee that these two will meet again...Lipscomb will probably have to play Tyner again in the quarter-final, the only difference will be that it will be played at Lipscomb...anything can happen and remember our series record against D.L. is 3-3...the score last year was 6-27( a lot closer than the Alcoa/Lipscomb game)...don't get ahead of yourself...too many more games to play and too many teams waiting to get the upset!!!!