S.Hill vs Jefferson Co

JC4life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one of two things will happen following JC's tough loss last Friday night--either we hang our heads and get our butts handed to us or we get angry and play with an intensity we've yet to play with. If we do the latter, I'd hate to be Science Hill. If we do the former, I'd hate to show up for Coach U's practice the following Monday. Let's see, kick Science Hill butt or face Coach U? Sounds like a no-brainer to me! JCHS 35 SHHS 10

lucky to be 4 and 2? Ok. Last two games we've played we've dominated because we finally got our head out of our butts. Coulda/Shoulda/Woulda beat Sevier but things happen, and TN High was just plain good. Good luck Jeff, we'll see you there at your place next friday.

825365881[/snapback]

Yep. Lucky to be 4 and 2. :justwrestle:

Let's talk game strategy--how do you build confidence back in our defense after Karns puts up 24 against us (though two scores came ona short field because of turnovers)?

825367511[/snapback]

It isn`t that we were out of position alot friday night, we just couldn`t tackle to save our lives. Both front 7's didn`t play too well, I haven`t been to impressed with some players on our o-line. Chris has had to do alot on his own, in fact I would venture to say that if it were any other RB, they wouldn`t be doing half as good. The proof is in how many yard Trey is able to get, Trey is a good RB but he needs holes to run through. Shiverdecker doesn`t need the type of holes that most backs do. I expect our defensive front to bounce back, but I`m still worried about the offensive line. We can`t pass block to save our lives, it has cost us in every game we`ve lost. I hope coach Anderson rides those guys all week, so that when we actually want to pass, we have the time.

JC4Life--good post--you said what I have suspected for a while. A lot of Shivy's yards are due to his own elusiveness and ability to make a tackler miss. The offensive line isn't performing as nearly as well as the running yardage might indicate. Pass blocking has been horrible and cost a touchdown the other night. On the INT, the WR had left the corner holding his jockstrap--but as fate would have it, the ball then found its way to the corner who had just been beaten badly because we didn't hold a block for more than a second and Ben was hit as he threw. I also think the d line will pick it up. Luther actually had a great night but couldn't do it all himself. I believe our outside linebacker play has been a little suspect lately. And our tackling was pretty bad--I doubt that will happen again.

Edited by hsfbinsider10

I believe our outside linebacker play has been a little suspect lately. 

825367712[/snapback]

Our OLB's would be outstanding if they played with their heads. We have two very talented OLB's that are out of position on alot of plays. I have always thought that Rabbit would be better used at FB than at OLB. So far I have not been impressed with him at OLB, I KNOW he can be a heck of a FB.

Our OLB's would be outstanding if they played with their heads. We have two very talented OLB's that are out of position on alot of plays. I have always thought that Rabbit would be better used at FB than at OLB. So far I have not been impressed with him at OLB, I KNOW he can be a heck of a FB.

825367908[/snapback]

As you can tell from my previous posts I am hesitant to say anything negative about a specific player. I will say that our enthusiasm sometimes gets in the way of our common sense. Our OLBs can be seriously hyper at times and overreact to a play. A player must play within himself to be good every play, using his head as much as his heart. Playing under control is a virtue of all good players.

As you can tell from my previous posts I am hesitant to say anything negative about a specific player.  I will say that our enthusiasm sometimes gets in the way of our common sense.  Our OLBs can be seriously hyper at times and overreact to a play.  A player must play within himself to be good every play, using his head as much as his heart.  Playing under control is a virtue of all good players.

825367922[/snapback]

I have no problem with calling a player out, as long as it is done the right way. Bad mouthing a player like some others on here do, is unexeptable. Players need some constructive criticism, so they don`t get a big head (that leads to losses like the one we had friday night)

Edited by JC4life

As you can tell from my previous posts I am hesitant to say anything negative about a specific player.  I will say that our enthusiasm sometimes gets in the way of our common sense.  Our OLBs can be seriously hyper at times and overreact to a play.  A player must play within himself to be good every play, using his head as much as his heart.  Playing under control is a virtue of all good players.

825367922[/snapback]

I'll play good cop/bad cop here. In the past, I've been accused of being critical. Not in this case! Our Defense has played great all year, with the exception of Friday night. Let's not be too hard on a Defense that has given up how many TD's? 5 or 6? I may be wrong, someone check me. I think the great thing about our defense is the chemistry, they seem to play well together. I wouldn't change a thing with the Defense. I have praised Smoot all year for game preparation and motivating the Defense, our Defense was unprepared Friday night, nothing more, nothing less. I have the feeling that our Great Defense will pitch another shut-out Friday night if our DB's play as well as they did at DB. ON OFFENSE, another story. I suspect that SH will slow down Shivy SOME (125 YARDS). At some point, our QB is going to have to make a play, lets hope he does. Opposing Defenses are giving him no respect in the film room and the football field. Coach U needs to put him in a position to execute, throwing from under the center has not worked, maybe all throws from the shotgun? Special teams, still a little scared of the kick off coverage, and if we are going to fair catch every punt, why not put 10 on the line and go after the punter?

JCHS 21

SHHS 9