TEMPLE VS. GRACE

ttajwb20

All right -- here is my prediction for Saturdays game:

Temple 62

Grace 12

Rushing:

Seth Skogen -- 12 carries for 130 yards (2 touchdowns)

Josh Smith -- 10 carries for 110 yards (2 touchdowns)

Receiving:

Caleb Skogen -- 10 receptions for 150 yards (3 touchdowns)

Seth Skogen -- 7 receptions for 100 yards (1 touchdown)

Zach Mouw -- 3 receptions for 35 yards

Passing:

Kevin Smithson -- 16-20 for 297 yards

Other Notables:

James McCormick -- 14 tackles

Josh Smith -- 12 tackles

Seth Skogen -- 10 tackles

Colton Brown -- 8 tackles

Caleb Skogen -- 1 touchdown on a kick-off return

**By the way, most of this scoring is done in the first half of the game.

Edited by oldtimeballer63

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right --- All right Muffin Man -- that is really a funny one.

Now, let me tell you another funny one:

The Grace football coach walked into the locker room before the Temple game, looked over to his star player and said, "I'm not supposed to let you play since you failed math, but we need you in there. So, what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play."

The player agreed, and the coach looked into his eyes intently and asks, "Okay, now concentrate hard and tell me the answer to this. What is two plus two?"

The player thought for a moment and then he answered, "4?"

"Did you say 4?" the coach exclaimed, excited that he got it right.

At that, all the other Eagle players on the team began screaming, "Come on coach, give him another chance!"

Temple 42

Grace 7

825367902[/snapback]

That's great! I'm definately laughing out loud!!!

All right -- here is my prediction for Saturdays game:

Temple 62

Grace 12

Rushing:

Seth Skogen -- 12 carries for 130 yards (2 touchdowns)

Josh Smith -- 10 carries for 110 yards (2 touchdowns)

Receiving:

Caleb Skogen -- 10 receptions for 150 yards (3 touchdowns)

Seth Skogen -- 7 receptions for 100 yards (1 touchdown)

Zach Mouw -- 3 receptions for 35 yards

Passing:

Kevin Smithson -- 16-20 for 297 yards

Other Notables:

James McCormick -- 14 tackles

Josh Smith -- 12 tackles

Seth Skogen -- 10 tackles

Colton Brown -- 8 tackles

Caleb Skogen -- 1 touchdown on a kick-off return

825368017[/snapback]

I think you hit the nail on the head----

After all, Daddy Skogen is in it for his boys and he will see to it that they get their glowing stats against inferior opponents, no matter how many of his bench kids sit and no matter how much rummbling is going on in the stands from parents.

It's all about the stats, baby. Always helps to have Daddy be your coach.

It will be a good game Saturday. Both teams are up and coming. The other good thing about the two teams is they are both very classy teams. They show good sportsmanship on and off the field. I can't wait to see the game.

#1 and #2 in the state in Basketball this year. Maybe this year Temple will get to the Championship game with Grace.

I have had that same thought, Supersteve.

Here is my reasoning--

The Skogens (along with a few others) are the football team and when they are gone there will not be others to replace them.

Temple is a very small school. You take the Skogens out and there football team is nothing. (including a coach who has gotten them where they are)

I can't imagine Coach Skogen dedicating the time he has in the past few years to this program when his kids are gone. (he will be chasing grandchildren by then) I may be wrong.

Temple has to attract (not reqruit) some new kids and will have a hard time doing that being so small. I think this is one of the reasons they started football. It is my understanding that Temple had an awesome middle school team a few years ago and this year they didnt have enough to field a team. Kids are not going to go to Temple if they can go to Boyd or even Grace. The atmosphere at Temple is not appealing to the general public.

This is not a put down at all, there committment as a school to teaching from a biblical perspective is commendable but the more fundamentalist perspective is not very popular.

Look at their basketball team. Skogens, Wadleys and Mouws. (and a few others along the way) Before that, Templetons. (I don't have a good history of Temple basketball so this may not be a good example.) It seems to me that Coaches sons have dominated the team. When Skogens and Wadleys are gone, whats coming up from the MS?

My main point is, Temple will have a hard time attracting the numbers it is going to take to field a football team.

Edited by mtnman

I think your right with that disrespect I think Boyd, Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, McCallie, and Baylor should add this Temple team to their schedule next year so they can see what a real team can do when you disrespect others by running up the score and keeping starters in the whole game. Temple give these teams a call I am sure they will be glad to add you to their schedule. This is the Big Leagues play it or get out.