TEMPLE VS. GRACE

ttajwb20

Ok -- I guess it looks like everybody is taking things just a bit too serious on this post -- so i'm going to to try and lighten it up again with another story:

This huge freshman from Grace decided to try out for the football team. "Can you tackle?" asked the coach.

"Watch this," said the freshman, who proceeded to run smack into a telephone pole, shattering it to splinters.

"Wow," said the coach. "I'm impressed. Can you run?"

"Of course I can run," said the freshman. He was off like a shot, and, in just over nine seconds, he had run a hundred yard dash.

"Great!" said the coach. "But can you pass a football?"

The freshman hesitated for a few seconds. "Well, sir," he said, "If I can swallow it, I can probably pass it."

My Prediction still for Saturdays game:

Temple 42

Grace 7

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DunkMaster -- that was a good one -- i like it.

I've got one for you too:

Two Grace football players were taking an important final exam this week. If they failed, they would be on academic probation and not allowed to play in the game against Temple on Saturday. The exam was fill-in-the-blank. The last question read, "Old MacDonald had a _________."

Bubba was stumped. He had no idea of the answer. He knew he needed to get this one right to be sure he passed. Making sure the teacher wasn't watching, he tapped Tiny on the shoulder. "Pssst. Tiny. What's the answer to the last question?"

Tiny laughed. He looked around to make sure the teacher hadn't noticed then he turned to Bubba. "Bubba, you're so stupid. Everyone knows Old MacDonald had a farm."

"Oh yeah," said Bubba. "I remember now." He picked up his No. 2 pencil and started to write the answer in the blank. He stopped. Reaching to tap Tiny's shoulder again, he whispered, "Tiny, how do you spell farm?"

"You are really dumb, Bubba. That's so easy. Farm is spelled E-I-E-I-O."

(Don't take it personal people -- it's just a joke)

My prediction for Saturday's game hasn't changed:

Temple 52

Grace 6

Don't tell me this post is dead!! Surely someone has something else to say about this game on Saturday.

Well, I guess I'll try to lighten things up again with some football funnies:

How many Grace freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?

-----None . . . That's a sophomore course at Grace.

Why is the Grace football team like a possum?

-----Because they play dead at home, and get killed on the road.

What does the average Grace football player get on his SAT's?

-----Drool.

What are the longest three years of a Golden Eagle football player's life?

-----His freshman year.

AND FINALLY (drum roll and cymbal crash . . . )(a good story to end on):

A Grace football player was trying to get a date with one of Temple's cheerleaders.

She told him that she was much more impressed by academic types than the athletic type.

"So," she said, "what's your G.P.A.?"

He smiled and said, "I get about twenty-five in the city and forty on the highway!"

And.. if temple had 2000 students to pick from to get the size of line, quick running back , whatever like Soddy, McCallie, anybody else (instead of having 125), i would love that i would play any of them in a heartbeat.

825369329[/snapback]

and that right there is why you will never be on the same level as boyd or schools like that....even tho they dont have 2000 kids they are still willing to go out and play the big boys, they are always looking for a challenge, but i guess you guys dont want to play a better team than you i dont know i thought that was how you got better and built a program

AAAAAA -- let's see Sergeant Owl: Ooltewah beat Bradley Central 41-0 and  William Blount 49-13 and McMinn Co. 33-0 -- just to name a few, so don't give me this running up the score bit about Temple!!

825369443[/snapback]

ok lets see...against bradley score was 41-0 at halftime..caldwell only had 9 carries in the whole game maybe 10 i believe, definitely pulled the dogs in that one, just about everyone on the roster got in the game.....against blount, it was homecoming so they came out strong and scored 42 by halftime and then pulled off the dogs and didn't play them much in the 2nd half at all and didn't try to score thus only having one td in the 2nd half.....and against mcminn caldwell didn't play after his td in the 3rd quarter, then sophmore qb jeremy woods came in and sophmore running back marcus turner began to run as well, along with the whole back up line, they definitely have not run up the score and have not come close to trying, gatewood is a very respectable coach in regards to this

AAAAA -- let's see Mnewballer.

Temple would be willing to play anyone who is willing to put them on their schedule. They are not afraid to play against anyone. No ever claimed that Temple DIDN't want to play certain schools. yes, they do want to make themselves better and build a good program. So, don't even be talking about something 0f which you have no clue.

And again, Temple hasn't ran the score up on anyone. They don't have the number of players like bigger 4A and 5A schools, so it makes it just a bit harder to put in 7th, 8th, and 9th graders against juniors and seniors. Yes, sometimes the "dogs" have to stay in the game in many cases. Temple has some very respectable coaches in this regard. Again, it just proves people's lack of understanding about Temple's program.

Just a footnote:

When it comes to basketball -- I know that there are many schools in the area that Temple would love to play, but those schools are afraid to play them. Yes, Temple would love to play Ooltewah again, and Brainerd, and whoever. The problem is that these bigger schools do not want to get beat by little Temple, as they have been in years past.

ok ooltewah and temple have played every year for the last few years....its been a good series so i dont know what you are talking about.....and on the comment on not wanting to play bigger schools, i was just going by that poster who said that they would love to play those schools IF they had 2000 people, so dont say i made something up, when he did say that...and i do not have a lack of understanding about temple, i am actually a lot more informed than you think about their school and their athletic programs so dont go talking about what you do not know about

I would agree with leeroy -- Temple does get a bad rap from others in the area. They have a great program and should be given more respect for what they do.

Good luck Crusaders in getting your football program established and don't let others hold you back from being a dominant force in the years to come.

You guys are great and you deserve to be recognized for your accomplishments.

Temple Crusaders 38

Grace Eagles 7