Bearden Highschool

bdog3741

Without bashing any kids or coaching staff, to keep this post from getting closed.

This is a program not heading the right direction. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is. Area players and parents have watched us. Is our talent level that at the 1-5 level? (when answering this question, please try not to be to disrespectfull)

Any thoughts or coments?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the area schools around you, west, catholic, webb, and faragut. the people are tired of the west town traffic and are moving to different zones (probably) and i'd say catholic is getting the good ones since their population increased since the move out west. those could be two possibilities of what's happening there.

Without bashing any kids or coaching staff, to keep this post from getting closed.

This is a program not heading the right direction.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is.  Area players and parents have watched us.  Is our talent level that at the 1-5 level?  (when answering this question, please try not to be to disrespectfull) 

Any thoughts or coments?

825368518[/snapback]

The defense is very inexperienced,especially the DB's.They just need time.Paul Maynard is a proven defensive coach.The offense on the other hand is being coached by the three STOOGES.They dont have a clue.Bearden's offense has been awful the last three years.They had talent last year.The players were not used right and the scheme was awful.

This is a program not heading the right direction.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is.  Area players and parents have watched us.  Is our talent level that at the 1-5 level?  (when answering this question, please try not to be to disrespectfull) 

Any thoughts or coments?

825368518[/snapback]

The defense is very inexperienced,especially the DB's.They just need time.Paul Maynard is a proven defensive coach.The offense on the other hand is being coached by the three STOOGES.They dont have a clue.Bearden's offense has been awful the last three years.They had talent last year.The players were not used right and the scheme was awful.

look at the area schools around you, west, catholic, webb, and faragut.  the people are tired of the west town traffic and are moving to different zones (probably) and i'd say catholic is getting the good ones since their population increased since the move out west.  those could be two possibilities of what's happening there.

825368555[/snapback]

Bearden had the largest enrollment in their history this year (or at least one of the highest) I wont disagree with some of the tallent is going to some of the private schools however. I have already heard rumor of a couple going next year and lost a 6'6" 300+ pound freshman last year to one this year. But how do we keep them here or keep them from leaving after freshman year?

don't know the answer to that. one thing i can tell you is that the players need to believe in themselves and work hard in the schemes that the coach's put them in no matter if they agree with it or not. sometimes players just go through the motions versus doing it right and hard to get better and it's always the coach's fault (cough, even though it's not). as coach's say" the coach takes the loss and the players get credit for the win" when the players go against today's social belief and start taking responsibility for how they do then maybe beardon players and parents will see a change instead of blaming everyone else!

Bearden had the largest enrollment in their history this year (or at least one of the highest)  I wont disagree with some of the tallent is going to some of the private schools however.  I have already heard rumor of a couple going next year and lost a 6'6" 300+ pound freshman last year to one this year.  But how do we keep them here or keep them from leaving after freshman year?

825368633[/snapback]

I don't know who is leaving, but all of us players have put too much into this program to drop everything and leave. The big freshman you referred too would have had no impact on this team for the next 3 years, and I know exactly who you are talking about. He was slow, unaggressive, and had no desire.

We have talent. We have coaching, whether we listen to it or not. We need to band together and make it happen. I, for one, will play with everything I am worth in the remaining games with no sure idea of the future of our team . I think at a time like this, we need to consider this quote," To persevere is one's duty and to be silent is the best answer to calumny." I remember when I was struggling through some hard times last year as a sophomore playing varsity, the was my inspiration. We could take something from that right now.

I know there is a lot of crap being talked about us among our peers in the school, there are things being said in the community, and things being written about us everywhere. We have much to prove, yes, but not to anybody but ourselves. We need to block everything out and do it for us. That's my thoughts.

Edited by BHSfootball

I don't know who is leaving, but all of us players have put too much into this program to drop everything and leave.  The big freshman you referred too would have had no impact on this team for the next 3 years, and I know exactly who you are talking about.  He was slow, unaggressive, and had no desire. 

We have talent.  We have coaching, whether we listen to it or not.  We need to band together and make it happen.  I, for one, will play with everything I am worth in the remaining games with no sure idea of the future of our team .  I think at a time like this, we need to consider this quote," To persevere is one's duty and to be silent is the best answer to calumny."  I remember when I was struggling through some hard times last year as a sophomore playing varsity, the was my inspiration.  We could take something from that right now. 

I know there is a lot of crap being talked about us among our peers in the school, there are things being said in the community, and things being written about us everywhere.  We have much to prove, yes, but not to anybody but ourselves.  We need to block everything out and do it for us.  That's my thoughts.

825369102[/snapback]

I agree you guys have talent and the potential to do much better than you are. Trust me on this one the fans and parents only want you guys to have sucess. To see how hard you guys prepare and how much you put into this program is just as hard on us(parents) as it is on you. My personal belief is that you guys should be atleast be 500 right now. Your exactly right you guys dont need to listen to the other students, fans, parents right now. You guys keep doing what your doing and let things on the field take care of themselves. Just remember when you do have people who still support and back you when you go home. and we only what the best for you guys.

Edited by bdog3741