CHEROKEE AT MORRISTOWN EAST

dustinc_qb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just liek to see what everyone thinks about the game friday.....east coming off a huge win against west

825368715[/snapback]

The IMAC is a complete mystery to me this season. It should be a good game unlike the past two years when the Canes have hammered the Chiefs pretty good. I have not seen Cherokee play since the jamboree but was impressed with them. The Canes have been hot and cold so far. If they come out with the same emotion and intensity that they played with against West it could be a long night for the Chiefs.

The IMAC is a complete mystery to me this season. It should be a good game unlike the past two years when the Canes have hammered the Chiefs pretty good. I have not seen Cherokee play since the jamboree but was impressed with them. The Canes have been hot and cold so far. If they come out with the same emotion and intensity that they played with against West it could be a long night for the Chiefs.

825368779[/snapback]

Have to agree about IMAC. The only team thats been consistant has been Volunteer. Cherokee has played well against some pretty tough teams. East may have trouble getting up after leaving it all on the field against West. May have to go with Cherokee in a close one....by 6

This game will be a very important game for playoff seeding for the IMAC. East is coming off a hugh win against West and it is human nature to have a let down the following week. I think the coaches will have the team ready to play on friday. Cherokee is a very good football team will a hugh fullback and a good passing game. I think this game will be very close with the team who has good field position and wins the turnover battle will win the game. East 27 Cherokee 21

Have to agree about IMAC. The only team thats been consistant has been Volunteer. Cherokee has played well against some pretty tough teams. East may have trouble getting up after leaving it all on the field against West. May have to go with Cherokee in a close one....by 6

825368996[/snapback]

Yea, but I don't think that is the type of consistancy Volunteer would like to have. So much of any sport is played from emotion I fear a letdown by the Canes after such a huge win over West. It is however in Morristown so I'll go with the Canes 21-14.

This is the IMAC's game of the week...2nd place East v. 3rd place Cherokee.

I agree that having an emotional let-down this week is a big concern but, on the other hand, for the first time in several years, East has their destiny in their own hands as they push toward a region championship. That should be impetus enough for the team.

The West game is behind them; now they have two more tests to overcome...Cherokee (home) and Greeneville (away). Cherokee is having a good season but if the 'Canes can produce just half of the offense they displayed last Friday night, they will be in a great position to claim at least part of the championship when they roll into Greeneville in two weeks. The coaching staff, however, must keep the team's focus on one game at a time. A loss to the Chiefs this week will push Cherokee up into 2nd spot and gives Greeneville the upper hand as the season winds down.

Congratulations to East for playing an outstanding game last Friday night. It was disappointing to see how easily the win came but I must admit that if West can't be region champion this year, then I will definitely be pulling for East to take the top spot. Good luck 'Canes!

Morristown%20West.gif