Best Junior Linebacker?

owlsfan10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

by far the best two junior LBs are Sean McCormick and Jay Gilbert of Riverside

consistent strong and smart the record may not show it but Riversides defense is really pretty good along with Puckett, Morris, Ward and Inman and a good secondary this defense has held 6 of 8 teams to well below their average including teams like Huntington, and Mckenzie beware for the return of McCormick and Gilbert next year they will definitely reak havok on opposing defenses

OK, you must be a Sean McCormick fan, to say he is the BEST Jr LB in the state is an over statement.  I've seen Riverside and a few other DI AA teams play.  McCormick is a solid player but compared to the other top DI 5A/4A, DII 3A and DII 2A linbackers he's nowhere close. The competition level that he (Riverside) plays at is nowhere near the level of a Melrose, MBA, Brentwood, WhiteStation, MUS, Riverdale or Knox Catholic. Has Riverside played any competition at this level? The Jr LB's I've seen and mentioned play successfully at these levels every week, again McCormick is solid, but the BEST, I think not, he's not at the caliber of the two kids from Memphis, Jackson and Mosby that I've seen play.  Before you make this type of statement make sure you've seen the others around the state, at the higer levels...as I have...

825372176[/snapback]

the talent level Riverside faces is far better than that, they carry the toughest schedule in the state in 2A and fourth out of all classes get real McCormick will be the next Dat Nguen their are alot of good LBs but look at the kids stats he's top in west Tn now if the others are so good then where are their stats he may not be the #1 or #2 LB in the state but i believe he is solidly in the top 5 and his teammate Gilbert isn't too shabby himself