Morristown West

WestHightrojanfan2007

I saw a completely different team tonight. It was a TEAMthat played together, for eachother, and for pride. You could tell the players were in a completely different frame of mind - even compared to the previous two wins.

You're right B. On the right track, but there's still more to do. It's time to put Greeneville on the radar scope. I hope the team will look at that 4-0 record as a serious challenge.

I'm very proud of the players and the coaches.

Nice win guys. You earned this one.

GO TROJANS !!

dip-

it was a different team last night--

I saw some serious hits out there--don't want anybody to get hurt, but, man, some real hits--

defense played much better--one letdown, though, gave dchs rb about 95 yds on one play and probably over 100 yds in the 1st quarter!--can't let that happen anymore!--

we ran well--ewing looked good--hated to see james on the sidelines, though--heard it was hamstring--

minnich ran the offense well--connected on a td pass that hopefully gets him over the hump confidence-wise on his passing--

4 qb--king?--going to be a good one--

good to see our kicker finally connect on a field goal--kickoffs and coverage improved over last two games--

not trying to put down dchs, but wonder how we would have looked against a stronger team--

still don't see that team cohesiveness on the sidelines--not that everyone hates each other but it just doesn't seem like all are into it 100%--maybe they are when playing but need to be when not playing too--sometime you just got to fake it then the real thing takes over--

don't no how far we can go--keep reading from some about building for next year--that's good but we've got some seniors on the team that this year is it for them and I think west has the capability this year to go far into the playoffs--but one game at a time--gotta beat greeneville--

trojans, dig deep--play hard, play hurt--play every down as if it's your last one--finish the season knowing you played the best that you could--for your team, for your teammates, for you, for your family--

as you say, d, through thick and thin--

Some interesting adjustments were made on both sides of the ball this week it seems. McClellan back to the offensive line, shake-ups on the defensive side at LB, DL, and secondary. I think #85 is the sleeper this year. The kid has made some SERIOUS hits with the amount of playing time he has seen.

You can tell there's just a different air about the team. I'm not sure what was said by coaches/captains/team members but I really liked what I saw.

B, I think what we're seeing on the sidelines are the low 2s and 3s without their focus. Certainly not trying to defend. When crossing through the fence, focus should be on the task at hand, not what is happening after the game or duirng the weekend. The togetherness needed I believe was between the 1s on both sides of the ball. It looked like the "glue" is starting to set - let's see if it can hold.

Special teams looked a lot better - coverage, kicking and punt. #16 has as good an average as many college punters.

The biggest down side was the run for 95 yards and that was a busted play - but hey, this is high school football.

Valiant effort Trojans. I knew you had it in you. Nice to see the shell has been cracked and the true Morristown West Trojans have started to emerge.

Thick and thin.

GO TROJANS !!

hey dip-

16 is fillmore, the kicker--19 is moore, the punter--the radio announcer keeps calling 19 fillmore--and yes, moore does have a nice average--if he ever got his technique down he would be something else--

correction on minnich--I understand he had back spasms which can certainly hurt your throws--

I saw 21 our fullback limping, james with his hamstring, minnich with his back, 86 was hurting, fillmore pulled his groin--hope all these guys can get well by friday--

your right about the adjustments--along with what you mentioned 50 was moved back to right tackle where he played last year--

good luck to the trojans with greeneville--

good to see the boys notch a quality win. i been rough on them this year, but hey...the alumni that left the program with such high prestige (spelling on that one, haha) its hard to watch them go down like they did. sounds like they looked like their old selfs again.

good job trojans.

can i get an update on #25 and how many carries he gets a game. from what i have been reading he has been getting the short end of the stick. if they dont want to run him at least use his speed at wide reciever or something.

Wow. What a great weekend for me (not to be selfish...). Morristown West picks up a quality win and UT goes down to GA and stuns the Bulldogs. The only thing better would be to win the Powerball tonight (ha ha).

Sorry about the mistaken identity. I was thinking of the FG Fillmore made and his potential as well while typing about Lance.

Hitman, see 'scanner's post re: #25.

The injury bug has bitten lately - but there's a top notch staff looking after the kids. In the meantime, it was great to see the players come together and step up when they were needed. (40, 49, 30, 85, and I'm sure there are others I missed)

B, where does one find you in the stands?

Tough task ahead on Friday against Greeneville. Need to wipe the slate clean, forget about Crockett when Monday rolls around. Sitting tied for second in the conference and the Devils are looking for a little payback from last year. Could be a good match up.

Thick and thin.

GO TROJANS !!