Campbell Co blanks Bearden 34-0

VolViking

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again i will post on how im glad Clinton had CC at the start of the season before everything started clicking for them. Good Job. And also i wanna say something about why Bearden is on the bad loosing streak. I've seen the past few years at Clinton and its not really that your team is that bad the main part is all CONFIDENCE, for instance when your on a big loosing streak alot of times you just automatically go in the game and say oo were going to loose. Well if you think that way then you most likely are going to loose, and when you get ahead like Clinton has scored first alot of times this season they are overwhelmed by being ahead and start thinking it cant last very long, and then start to get blown out. So if Bearden can get their confidence to where they think they are a good football team and can start winning then they prob have the ability to do so.

Once again i will post on how im glad Clinton had CC at the start of the season before everything started clicking for them. Good Job. And also i wanna say something about why Bearden is on the bad loosing streak. I've seen the past few years at Clinton and its not really that your team is that bad the main part is all CONFIDENCE, for instance when your on a big loosing streak alot of times you just automatically go in the game and say oo were going to loose. Well if you think that way then you most likely are going to loose, and when you get ahead like Clinton has scored first alot of times this season they are overwhelmed by being ahead and start thinking it cant last very long, and then start to get blown out. So if Bearden can get their confidence to where they think they are a good football team and can start winning then they prob have the ability to do so.

825373362[/snapback]

See, I would really like to play that Clinton team again....I think it would be a littel different. But as for Bearden, they did play hard and kept trying the whole game. Next week we have Science Hill, it'll be a big region game that we will definetely be ready for. And how bout Johnson breaking his own record with 270 yds.?

DL92 as much as i hate to say it, your probably right. And im not sure it would just be a little different either. Campbell Co. is an awesome team this year and they are still prob one of the lesser teams Clinton has played. I honestly believe the Clinton schedule is the hardest in the state w/ Bell Co. KY a top team in KY, Oak Ridge, Carter, West, Anderson Co. Central, and CC. I think it is an accomplishment to say you beat any of those teams.

Be proud of your self BHS.  you guys played hard tonight.

825373356[/snapback]

bdog3741, you are a class act and I wish you and the rest of the Bulldog faithful the best of luck the rest of the season. The Bearden fans, like their team, were great sports. Your comments to the Bearden player that posted and the statements about Chris Johnson are very gracious and shows that you are a man of your word. Again, good luck the rest of the way. thumb

DL92 as much as i hate to say it, your probably right. And im not sure it would just be a little different either. Campbell Co. is an awesome team this year and they are still prob one of the lesser teams Clinton has played. I honestly believe the Clinton schedule is the hardest in the state w/ Bell Co. KY a top team in KY, Oak Ridge, Carter, West, Anderson Co. Central, and CC. I think it is an accomplishment to say you beat any of those teams.

825373396[/snapback]

cdragonz123, what was your HC and/or AD thinking when they made a schedule like that? Bell Co., Oak Ridge & Anderson Co. are not region games, so why play a murderous schedule like that? I know you want to have a battle for bragging rights in Anderson County, but I would have wanted a little more time to rebuild before taking on a schedule like that.

Edited by VolViking

I also left out Halls, which isnt a bad team but towards the bottom of the teams we play. And our remaining schedule is Powell and Maryville.

825373518[/snapback]

Wow, you all have a brutal schedule. I just don't know how much that would help you playing all these really good teams. I mean, bearden had played a tough schedule and looked for that to help them in the second(weaker) hald of their schedule, but it doesn't sound like you all have a weak spot

hats off to bearden they are a hard nose team best of luck the rest of the season.

Once again the defense played great they only gave up 99 yards of total offense and forced 4 turnovers and recorded its 4th shut out of the season.

Offense played well, chris johnson had another big night with 270 yrds rushing, brance stiner is improving every game and the offensive line is starting to dominate they are playing with a lot of confidence right now!

we have another big game next week against Science Hill this team needs to stay focused if we want to go for #6

GO COUGARS!!!

ONE HEARTBEAT!!!!

Friendly, scenic atmospheres reside across the state, but few possess the comfort and splendor of Campbell County. The foothills of the Cumberland Mountains provide a potent postcard backdrop for a suddenly prominent football team.

And Chris Johnson is a sickeningly talented running back. Really...just a great great player. I can't wait to see how far he takes this Cougar squad.

The game didn't go as we anticipated in our portion of the booth (that is, the Bearden portion), but it was still a good experience. We wish the Cougars the best of luck during the rest of the season.

Also, to those listening to WUTK on the radio or via webcast, sorry for not airing most of the first half. There was a serious telephone mixup in the station that prevented us from patching into the system until there were 3 minutes left in the first half...we were ticked, but there was nothing we could do. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience.