Jefferson Co host Sevier Co

JC4life

From what I can pick up on Scooter took a medical redshirt, and that things were not going well, (considered coming home) the upper classman, did not like his attitude, and made his life tuff, until he got hurt. This came from a very close family mamber.

Tyler, is redshirting and could make a big impact next year, CNC will lose a bunch of SR. wideouts.

Jeff has had a great Freshman year, playing on spec. teams and running the ball late in the game. Only problem is, he his playing for Vandy.

Alex Clamon medical redshirt.

David Clamon-spec. team Capt.

Jakeem Taylor-gave it up.

Brandon Masters-gave it up.

Jarrod Houston-transfer to TT-has to sit out one year.

Turner-CNC-back-up

Bird-CNC-redshirt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can pick up on Scooter took a medical redshirt, and that things were not going well, (considered coming home) the upper classman, did not like his attitude, and made his life tuff, until he got hurt. This came from a very close family mamber.

Tyler, is redshirting and could make a big impact next year, CNC will lose a bunch of SR. wideouts.

Jeff has had a great Freshman year, playing on spec. teams and running the ball late in the game. Only problem is, he his playing for Vandy.

Alex Clamon medical redshirt.

David Clamon-spec. team Capt.

Jakeem Taylor-gave it up.

Brandon Masters-gave it up.

Jarrod Houston-transfer to TT-has to sit out one year.

Turner-CNC-back-up

Bird-CNC-redshirt

825379894[/snapback]

I watched a Vandy game earlier this year and Jeff definately played the whole game, he didnt start, but he was the only back that made much of an impact...they struggled that game as they have pretty much the whole year.

I heard about Alex and his medical problems, there's really no such thing as a medical redshirt at a service academy from what I understand, kinda just a lost year. He may have the option of dropping back a class and graduating a year later, but from what I've heard, that is very rare...the service academy kids like graduating with the class they came in with.

Nice to see West Point finally win a game after 19 straight losses...congrats to David and Alex....Not sure any DB fans will read this thread, but I've heard one of their former kickers Ethan Gouge is traveling with the Navy team...so East Tennessee will have a good showing at the Army/Navy game at the end of the season.

What happened with Brandon and Jakeem?

Hate to see they quit, but cannot say that I'm completely surprised.

Edited by HEATHHELTON

Yeah it is really a shame about Jakeem he was a very talented player, without a doubt the hardest hitter I have seen(or felt) in high school. Didn`t know about Scooter's problems at TT, Scoot's a very tough kid and can have a rough edge. I hope he sticks it out, it should be alot eaiser once Jarrod gets there(I can`t see many players messing with both Scooter and Jarrod) Jefferson Co has some good players who are doing well in college, and I expect the one's who are reshirted to do well when they get the chance. There is a good group of players who are at Jeff Co now who should do well in college when they get there.

Yeah it is really a shame about Jakeem he was a very talented player, without a doubt the hardest hitter I have seen(or felt) in high school. Didn`t know about Scooter's problems at TT, Scoot's a very tough kid and can have a rough edge. I hope he sticks it out, it should be alot eaiser once Jarrod gets there(I can`t see many players messing with both Scooter and Jarrod) Jefferson Co has some good players who are doing well in college, and I expect the one's who are reshirted to do well when they get the chance. There is a good group of players who are at Jeff Co now who should do well in college when they get there.

825380031[/snapback]

Do we have any seniors who are being recruited?

I heard that Brandon was going to walk-on at UT, from a reliable source. Any truth to that?

Do we have any seniors who are being recruited?

I heard that Brandon was going to walk-on at UT, from a reliable source. Any truth to that?

825380639[/snapback]

Our Seniors this year have been short changed due to all the coac hing changes. They need some promotion by the coaches, not just saying U, but Meadows left them high and dry. Not fair, to this awesome group of kids.

Also heard that Mason is going to try and walk on at UT??

825380031[/snapback]

You would think that JC will have a few kids that will get a chance to play at some small schools.

Luther-o-line

Green-o-line

Kline-o-line

Yeary-o-line or noseman

Acuff-wide out

Blair-o-line or D-end

all these guys should get looks from some small schools if they want to play.

CNC-Mars Hill-etc.

Hopkins could get a little better look from some teams because of his size and speed for a big man.--o-line more than likely. CNC-Cumberland, etc.

I'm not sure about any of these guys grades, could hurt or help chances to go to college.

Smiley has a big heart but size will kill him. Might go to very small school. Maryville, Emory Henry, etc.

Who have I left out?

I do not believe we have a D-1 SR. player.

You would think that JC will have a few kids that will get a chance to play at some small schools.

Luther-o-line

Green-o-line

Kline-o-line

Yeary-o-line or noseman

Acuff-wide out

Blair-o-line or D-end

all these guys should get looks from some small schools if they want to play.

CNC-Mars Hill-etc.

Hopkins could get a little better look from some teams because of his size and speed for a big man.--o-line more than likely. CNC-Cumberland, etc.

I'm not sure about any of these guys grades, could hurt or help chances to go to college.

Smiley has a big heart but size will kill him. Might go to very small school. Maryville, Emory Henry, etc.

Who have I left out?

I do not believe we have a D-1 SR. player.

825381086[/snapback]

Michael Cox--he has the leg to at least play DII, if not higher.

Michael Cox--he has the leg to at least play DII, if not higher.

825381100[/snapback]

Totally agree, he has something special. If he was punting 6 to 8 times a game, he would be getting alot of attention.

Yeary, Luther & Blair should get some looks from small schools. Acuff won't have enough film to sell his skills. Those other guys, Green, Smiley, Kline etc. may even get a shot. I don't think Green & Smiley have the speed to move up at linebacker. Even small colleges like to see legitimate 4.7's.

Sorry, I forgot about the kickers, Cox does have a chance at D-1, but most D-1 schools do not give out scholarships to kickers, but he does have the tools to be there.

Jenkins-I would agree, he has a chance at small college.

Green wil not get a look at LB but maybe O-line, just like Justin Anderson did at CNC.

Yeary, could move to LB in a small college setting, if not nose, but CNC nosemen are much bigger than he is.

same for Kline-O-line small college

same for Luther-O-line small college

same for Blair-O-line small college

for all these kids to play and play soon they will need to go to Cumberland, Maryville, etc. CNC would be a hard place to get playing time.

Hopkins- could get a good ride if he plays well in the play-offs

Smiley-and Acuff will have to go somewhere small and probable not on scholarship.

I have heard some really bad things about the current coaches helping players get into college. Little things like putting kids up for player of the week, giving out the mail from colleges that kids get, sending out game types, things that would go a long way to help these kids get into college. I know the coaches job is to win, and make the program better, but I also think they need to do what the can to futher the players football career. Alot of people don`t like Meadows, but you have to admit that he did a good job selling his kids to colleges. Most of the players listed above have a chance to good to college and play football, the only person I think that could go D1 is the punter. Yeary not playing guard is hurting him IMO, and Shane not getting many passes is hurting him. Yeary, Green, Acuff, Hopkins, Luther, and Blair have the talent and the size to play small college ball, will they go is another story.

BTW, next year I don`t think that there will be a singe player to get a college scholarship, for the 1st time in a long time.