Jefferson Co host Sevier Co

JC4life

Oakland[/url]' date='Oct 16 2004 - 01:14 AM']and sometimes the prospect of a new coach causes more optimism than there really should be. lord knows i am guilty of being that with my team

825383714[/snapback]

Thanks for the exchange--it's cathartic. You sound like a great football fan. It's just been such an up and down season. And our seniors only have this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Thanks for the exchange--it's cathartic.  You sound like a great football fan.  It's just been such an up and down season.  And our seniors only have this year.

825383842[/snapback]

thanks for the compliment. i know its gotta be hard for the seniors to know that they cant control their playoff scenariot but thats just the way life rolls sometimes. hang in there, jeff co may not be able to reap the rewards this year, but it will be worth it when it happens

This is another rivalry that has gone down the tubes as of late. Sevier Co use to be a power in region 1, and 5A. Now with the opening of other schools in the sevier co area the talent level has greatly dropped. Every game from now on is very important for the patriots. Losing another game will doom Jeff Co for a good playoff spot, not to mention that coach U would under a TON of pressure. Since none of us want those things to happen we MUST win out. Sevier Co has some kids that Jeff Co will need to shut down, like always Sevier Co will try to run the ball to win. From what I hear they have a pretty good passing game, so we will have to bring our A game. On offense we have to continue to run the ball like we have been, and we need to continue the passing that we did last week. I FINALLY saw the short passes I have been hoping for. With the game meaning so much as far as the playoffs and with it being senior night, I expect another blowout. If CC came shut them then we can for sure.

For the 2nd year in row

Jeff Co 49

Sevier Co 0

825376399[/snapback]

ya nice prediction JC... way to go... never underestimate SC... their coaching staff is way to good and their kids play with heart....

It's hard to execute when you don't believe in yourself.

825383653[/snapback]

No time to get down now, the players must pick their heads up and prepare for next week. We got beat on the offensive/defensive line and we didn't tackle well, the combination of the two normally leads to a Loss. I thought U mixed it up a little more last night and I thought our QB play has gotten better with each game. We got beat at our own game last night, hard nosed, smash mouth football. I hope team unity is not a problem. I hope we didn't think that because they had been shut out the last couple of games that this game was a formality. I have praised Smoot all year for game preparation, both scheme and motivation. Last night, we had neither.

WHERE ARE ALL THE COACH U FANS AT TONIGHT! IT LOOKS TO ME AS IF HE HAS LOST THIS TEAM ALL TOGETHER. THEY LOOKED VERY UNPREPARED TONIGHT, THE D GOT PUSHED OFF THE BALL BY SEVIER CO ALL NIGHT. THEY STOPED SCHEVY AND HE HAD HIS WORST GAME AS A JC PLAYER. NOT TO GET DOWN ON HIM HE HIS ONLY A SOPH, AND WE NEW HE WOULD MAKE SOME MISTAKES THIS YEAR. THE PUNTER THAT WE SPOKE ABOUT BEING A D-1 PLAYER, I DON'T THINK SO. THE D FRONT 7 THAT WAS SO GOOD, I DON'T THINK SO.

BEN DID ACTUALLY COMPLETE SOME GOOD PASSES TONIGHT, BUT COACH U-V-RETARD, HAS TO UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE TO SPREAD THE FIELD AND THROW THE BALL AROUND THE FIELD, WE HAVE GOTTEN BY WITH SCREENS, DRAWS, AND LITTLE PITCH PASSES THIS YEAR, BUT SEVIER CO. FIGURED OUT TO STOP SCHEVY AND THE WOULD BEAT JC, AND THAT IS WHAT THEY DID.

YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT THE RB FROM SEVIER CO. IS GOOD, AND THE QB PASSES GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP THING BALANCED. THE SEVIER CO. D PLAYED HARD NOSE TUFF FOOTBALL, AND COACH BREWER HAD HIS BOYS READY TO PLAY.

FROM WHAT I HAVE HERD LAST WEEK COACH U AND KLINE HAD A PROBLEM ON MONDAY IN  THE FILMS ROOM, AND HE KICKED KLINE OUT OF THE MEETING, AND PUT HIM OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING, WHEN THE TEAM WENT OUT ON THE FIELD KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHERE COACH U HAD PUT HIM, THE TEAM WENT TO PRACTICE AND WHEN THEY RETURNED KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHER COACH U LEFT HIM, AT THAT TIME KLINE AND COACH U HAD A TALK.

KLINE STARTED THE GAME AND PLAYED WELL.

THIS WEEK CHAD WILLIAMS, MISSED PRACTICE FOR SOME REASON AND I COULD NOT FIND OUT WHY, BUT WILLIAMS DID NOT START THE GAME TONIGHT, AND WAS PUNISHED FOR NOT BEING AT PRACTICE, THESE KIDS ARE NOT DUMB, THAT LOOKS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A DOUBLE STANDARD.

THIS TEAM IS BEING SHORT CHANGED BY THE COACHING STAFF, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7-1 AFTER TONIGHT, THEY AREA MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN WHAT WE ARE SHOWING. LET HER WHAT ALL THE COACH U FANS HAVE TO SAY.

825383593[/snapback]

Hard to agree with you sometimes Barnyard but you have the game assesment right this time. Deep passes did work this week but throw some in the game plan not just when we need a 1st down. I do question play calling on this game.

Team issues need to be addressed but we can't question or dictate the way a coach disciplines his team. Kline was not paying attention during films even after being told to, not the 1st time they have had problems with him this year and Williams said he needed to work on his car not a good excuse. I still support the Coach U but I find myself scratching my head.

The team is better than record indicates but the record determines whether or not you advance.

Hard to agree with you sometimes Barnyard but you have the game assesment right this time. Deep passes did work this week but throw some in the game plan not just when we need a 1st down. I do question play calling on this game.

Team issues need to be addressed but we can't question or dictate the way a coach disciplines his team. Kline was not paying attention during films even after being told to, not the 1st time they have had problems with him this year and Williams said he needed to work on his car not a good excuse. I still support the Coach U but I find myself scratching my head.

The team is better than record indicates but the record determines whether or not you advance.

825387290[/snapback]

Patsandman, I'm not questioning the discipline, in fact I love it. What I'm questioning is how coach U treats each kid, from what I have herd and seen he does not treat all the kids the same. Both Kline & Williams should have been benched, but coach U played Kline and benched Williams, not a very good message to send to your other kids that are wahching.

Coach U has a problem when it come to relating to kids and how he can be a mentor to them. I understand tuff love but that is not what I see from him, this group of SR. will not love old coach.

Guest Oakland
I'm a little curious why Region4 & Oakland2001 hasn't replied about the scholarship issue. R U guys still out in cyberspace? We want to hear from you guys on this issue. Did Oakland send alot of guys to college? Did U help?

825387652[/snapback]

got a name change now my friend :unsure: hope it does throw you guys off too much. even in the height of their success, oakland really didnt send that many guys to college as far as playing at the next level is concerned, i believe oakland has only had 1 division 1 signee from 98-2000(40-13 in that span) as far as helping guys out, im sure coach U helped, i know a lot of this assitants helped out but many of those who i knew helped are no longer there. i honestly cant tell you if Coach U helped or not just because i didnt know as much about oakland football as i do now. it will be a lil bit harder to be able to help out any college prospects that jeff co has due to the simple fact that euverard was hired so late into the spring, so he has to establish an offseason weight program, but through all that offseason stuff, im sure he will make and find time to help out his seniors find a college for them if they can play at the next level

Sounds to me like Coach U is not very good at helping the kids get into college, by Oaklands report. Not a good sign. Any good High School coach has his college connection from D-1 down the line. He has been here long enough to see if a kid has talent, and off of a state champion team he does not get anyone into a college!

Before the season I spoke with a man that is from Rogersville Tn and he has keep up with coach U in HS, College, and in his coaching career. He said he will not be the anwser to JC coaching problem. This man understands sports and played in college, I told him I thought caoch U would be a good fit for JC. I ran back into that man over the weekend and he said don't forget I told you so.

Sounds to me like Coach U is not very good at helping the kids get into college, by Oaklands report. Not a good sign. Any good High School coach has his college connection from D-1 down the line. He has been here long enough to see if a kid has talent, and off of a state champion team he does not get anyone into a college!

Before the season I spoke with a man that is from Rogersville Tn and he has keep up with coach U in HS, College, and in his coaching career. He said he will not be the anwser to JC coaching problem. This man understands sports and played in college, I told him I thought caoch U would be a good fit for JC. I ran back into that man over the weekend and he said don't forget I told you so.

825387720[/snapback]

Based on a very fuzzy memory, havn't we had at least 2 or 3 players each year go on to small colleges. In the last 30 years we have had 8 to 10 players go D-1, numberous D-1 AA and I'm sure close to 100 going to small schools. Does that sound about right? I would hope that U will keep that tradition going.

Answer this honestly anybody. Do you really think there is anyone on this team that could go D1. Remember I said honestly without hesitation and no if's, and's and but's.

My thinking is Luther could go small college, likes Furman, possibly Yeary on O-Line, Cox may punt somewhere but kickers are on a need bases not want bases.That's about all I can think of. Hopkins has the perfect frame for the game but not the head. He should be dominating on the line and it's not happening. Love to watch Huskey play but no size.

Great bunch of kids but I can't see many advancing past their Senior year. C-N may offer partials or invite as walk-on's.