ANTIOCH LOSSES, WHY ?

ANTIOCH SUPERFAN

I am afraid that the spirits & the confidence might be gone from the Antioch players. Coach McPhail has his work cut out for him. To have Hunters Lane & Hendersonville left on the schedule does not favor the Bears to make the playoffs. Are they so down that the team has quit? It would be ashamed if they dont make the playoffs. When is Lamarcus coming back? I know that one player dont make a team but is obvious that he is a difference maker. If Antioch cannot be somewhat successful in the air then Lamarcus wont make a difference because teams will keep putting 8-9 in the box to stop the run. Antioch, you have your work cut out now, lets see what your made of, lets see what kind of young men you are. Lets see if the coaches have what it takes to keep this team together & make the necessary changes to get this team into the playoffs. It will be interesting.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that the spirits & the confidence might be gone from the Antioch players. Coach McPhail has his work cut out for him. To have Hunters Lane & Hendersonville left on the schedule does not favor the Bears to make the playoffs. Are they so down that the team has quit? It would be ashamed if they dont make the playoffs. When is Lamarcus coming back? I know that one player dont make a team but is obvious that he is a difference maker. If Antioch cannot be somewhat successful in the air then Lamarcus wont make a difference because teams will keep putting 8-9 in the box to stop the run. Antioch, you have your work cut out now, lets see what your made of, lets see what kind of young men you are. Lets see if the coaches have what it takes to keep this team together & make the necessary changes to get this team into the playoffs. It will be interesting.

825387415[/snapback]

IT WILL BE INTERESTING ON FRIDAY NIGHT TO SEE IF THE ANTIOCH TEAM WILL RESPOND.

THE TEAM HAS SO MUCH TALENT, THAT THEY THINK THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY WILL WIN. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN DISAPLINED ENOUGH TO OVERCOME THESE ISSUES. PENALTIES KILLED THEM AGAINST MC GAVOCK ON KEY DRIVES.

THE TEAM IS NOT TOGETHER RIGHT NOW. IF THEY DON'T GET IT TOGETHER THEY ARE DONE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE HEART AND BE A TEAM PLAYER. THE PLAYERS ON THE SIDE LINES HAVE NO SPIRIT AND NEED TO BE CHEERING THERE TEAM ON FOR THE ENTIRE GAME.

LET'S GO ANTIOCH, YOU DESERVE TO WIN THIS GAME AND NEXT WEEK AND GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND FINISH THE SEASON A WINNER NOT A FAILURE, (FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION) YOU WILL COME TOGETHER AND WIN AS A TEAM.

GO ANTIOCH thumb

Edited by ANTIOCH SUPERFAN

If docs clear him to play then he should play. He is a member of this team & he should play if cleared. He should not worry about track his focus should be getting back & helping his team. I dont agree that he should hang up the cleats & get ready for track. Track is probably the reason he is injured now. If anything he should give up track & get his hammy ready for UT after this football season. I would not have the mindset to give up my senior year of high scholl football so I would be ready for track. He is going to UT for football not track. He might end up running track but his scholarship is football.

Thank You............Somebody else has seen the light on Antioch's total lack of balance. Really, with McPhail's one-dimensional attack and LaMarcus out, you have gotten a three-week sneak preview of what Antioch will look like next year. Out of 2700 kids, you can't tell me you can't find one kid that can throw it and three that can catch it. Lining up in the stack-I all night isn't going to scare a fundamentally sound defense that tackles well (Gallatin, Cookeville). I hope Coach McPhail reads this not to embarrass him, but to maybe reiterate the fact that its 2004 and you can't expect to just run on everybody, no matter who your RB's are. A little balance PLEASE. I mean, Riverdale even spreads the field and throws it some.