Ravenwood vs. Franklin

BHS05

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure:

Way to go Rebs! Nice way to bounce back... and yes, I won't be at another Franklin game... I'm obviously bad luck!

825382164[/snapback]

I am sure you are not bad luck I feel that you are a loyal supporter and loyal supporters will always back thier coaches and players. truth is Franklin is a young team and is diong quite well with young athletes in skilled positions so keep being a loyal supporter be cause thats what helps winning. :lol:

Outstanding effort by the Raptors. First half had Franklin realing. Half time score 2-0, Franklin totally out of sorts, and Ravenwood effective offensively, but not able to produce any offensive points as the Rebels tightened up the closer thay got to the Franklins End Zone.

Defensively, Ravenwood looked sharp, and layed quite a few strong licks to the Rebel RB's and QB's.

Second half saw Ravenwood score a touchdown in the 3rd, going up 9 - 0.

Fourth Quarter, All Franklin! Blocked punt for a safety, Mikrut to Derricks 40 yard pass for TD(PAT snap/hold fouled up) and a 53 yard TD run by Waters (2PT conv no good). Much stronger play defensively for the Rebels in the fourth, particularly by the DB's.

Rest up Reb's, get healthy, and get ready for Kenwood.

"No fhs27, stay away"-signed 2004 Franklin football team (LOL)

Congratulations to the Rebels-told you Ravenwood wouldn't be a walkover.

But I have a serious problem with the following statement-

"Franklin is a very good football team and they showed that they wanted to win the game more then we did and that was evident by their effort and our lack of effort,” Raptor Coach Brian Rector said. (Tennessean)"

What a horse's butt comment! I didn't see the game, but judging from the score, your team had ton's of effort and clearly wanted to win. They haven't been in this position late in the game before-that's just experience. But comments lack that absolutley stink and will not inspire further effort. Maybe YOU are the one that choked!

Being a first year head Coach, the Ravenwood Coach is making a name for himself.....Not in a positive way however.

His hustle onto the field past the numbers, past the hashes and directly to the officials should have warranted a Flag for Unsprortsmanlike Conduct. Whether he agreed with the strip of the ball call or not, displaying this type of behavior is uncalled for. Then continuing the monolgue well past the subsequent time out called was an embarrasment.

I also was told by the crew doing the chains, that his and others on the sidelines were warned about their language and behavior by the officials.

It's a shame that all most people see are the results of some very hard working kids, and the credit is given to the coach, regardless of sideline behavior. Now when they loose a tough one, he blames the effort of the kids.

I can truly say that I never saw the fight go out of the Raptors, they simply were out performed in the final quarter. Their kids gave all they had to give for 48 minutes, and their play - along with Franklins execution in the fourth quarter - should not be demeaned by a comment covering his tail.