Powell's Ogan Commits!

HUCK

Powell's Prime Time Player verbally commits to UTC! Ogan looks to revitalize the post as Chattanooga loses two in the front court after the 2004-2005 campaign, Patton and Sermons! She is the third committment (Nancy Moore and Ashley Huff). Looks like another great class for the UTC Lady Mocs! Edited by HUCK

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
and if she so chooses a future coach!

erin helped our young aau players and they absolutely loved her!

good luck at utc!

825382804[/snapback]

We at Mocfans.com are very excited about Erin and the others for next season. Even more excited when I found that Erin made the Blue Star Top 100 list for 04-05.

I love the fact that about half of the LM's are from the State or at least within a couple of hours of Chattanooga (including North Alabama and Atlanta).

If she does have coaching in the back of her mind, Wes is a great coach to play under...we have had two former players in the last 2 seasons go immediately into coaching...one as an assistant at Covenant College, another at GPS.

Great thing about Wes is that pretty much everyone gets to play...it is rare to see anyone get more than 25-28 minutes.

I was at practice yesterday...looks like another great season in store for the LM's...starting with a visit from the Lady Vols on the 19th. Should be a near sellout (or at least 10,000).

Congratulations Erin! You are such a great person. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

I have to say you guys at Powell must be doing something right. I know three of the ladies from your senior class, Erin, Lindsey Haas and Courtney Cox, and they are all such quality people. You should all be proud of a system that can turn out these type of citizens. Of course great parents helps too :lol: .

Congrats from your Claiborne County Kin. I guess granny Barbara Jo will put a few miles on her car the next five years. You got a good one down there in  former Claiborne County star Katasha Brown as well. Good Luck!!

825414862[/snapback]

The best thing for me (as the admin/editor of Mocfans) in recruiting lots of Tennessee players is that it is so much easier to keep up with them their senior year (we do weekly progress reports on recruits senior year). The biggest reason that it is easy is because of CoachT.com ...I am not sure if everyone knows that this is one of the best high school resources in the country (I, for one, have never seen anything like it anywhere else).

...Yeah, Katasha has been a "better than average" pickup for the Lady Mocs :D ...and she still has two years left!

The best part about having many girls come in from close to home is that so many family members can make it to games...the team is a very close group (Wes has end up not recruiting a couple players in the past because he didn't feel that they felt close to the team...it is definitely a family unit...those girls are inseparable on and off campus).

I know Laura Hall's parents have bought nearly 100 tickets for the Lady Mocs/Vols game...her whole family and half her church are coming.

USA Today poll came out this morning...Lady Mocs are 31st (best pre-season ranking ever).

The best thing for me (as the admin/editor of Mocfans) in recruiting lots of Tennessee players is that it is so much easier to keep up with them their senior year (we do weekly progress reports on recruits senior year).  The biggest reason that it is easy is because of CoachT.com ...I am not sure if everyone knows that this is one of the best high school resources in the country (I, for one, have never seen anything like it anywhere else).

...Yeah, Katasha has been a "better than average" pickup for the Lady Mocs  :blink:  ...and she still has two years left!

The best part about having many girls come in from close to home is that so many family members can make it to games...the team is a very close group (Wes has end up not recruiting a couple players in the past because he didn't feel that they felt close to the team...it is definitely a family unit...those girls are inseparable on and off campus).

I know Laura Hall's parents have bought nearly 100 tickets for the Lady Mocs/Vols game...her whole family and half her church are coming.

USA Today poll came out this morning...Lady Mocs are 31st (best pre-season ranking ever).

825415029[/snapback]

Great genes and fantastic work ethic doesn't hurt either. Katasha's dad was a fantastic player in high school, and I knew that girl would be something special from the time she was about 11 and I would see her dribbling two basketballs at the same time around the subdivision while her dad would follow her in his car. Put talent and work ethic together and you separate the good ones from the great ones.

Erin is another good example. Her brother was an outstanding player and her dad was a small college all-american at Carson Newman in the early 70's. She has a great work ethic as well and plays BB year round, and I know her granny never misses a game, whether it be AAU, high school, or I'm sure for the Lady Mocs.

Good luck to the Lady Mocs you have earned your high pre-season ranking.