Arbys Classic?

hshoops

The Arby's Classic is a joke you have teams that have no buisness being in it.You want a good attendance showing and great games then why do you have sorry teams as in Elizabethton,Tennesee High,Sullivan East,Honaker,I could go on but all these people saying Unaka dont have a chance on here i was in attendance and they wasnt the best team in that tournament but you ask you put on a good show and they will tell you Unaka.People dont wont to see all theses highschool teams like Sullivan East and Elizabethton get drilled by someone like Bradley Central by 40 points take your 6 best teams out of your local area even if there small like for instance Last years Unaka,Dobyns Bennet,Tennessee High,Sullivan Central,Boone,Happy Valley,and you play with those top 6 and then you invite your basic teams that have participated in the past as long as you keep the competition you had in last years tourney you will always be degraded by all these fans around the area.

It's like "rangerbook"said if you really think about it Dale Burns dont wont any other local teams in there that he knows he has a shot of getting beat against.

Edited by pandora9

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I have a comment about all this. I think Unaka should be in it. Why, becuase they deserve it. Last year everybody said Unaka was terrible, and look what happened, you guys just dont know who you are talking about. And "doubleplay" if Unaka is beating Tn High in the fall, when both teams arent at their best and out of shape, dont you think Unaka will beat them in the winter ??? Cause as far as I know Unaka steps it up big time when it comes to playing in the season, but your right summer and fall league doesnt mean anything but if they cant get the job done over at the Rec. Center and at Milligan then what garentees do you have in the season. Just face the fact, AAA and AA schools dont want a good A school playing in the Arby's weather its Unaka, Cloudland ,even Clinch its doesnt matter. Why do you think Unaka got kicked out of the "Round Ball in the Hall" tourny, Sience Hill and TN High didnt want to play them and possilbly get beat and if they didnt beat them it would be a close game and they dont want to lose their reputation about being an powerfull AAA school. I just think even if they did lose every game in the Arby's, they would be good competition and good entertainment. But thats just my opinion.....

Edited by Youngdogg

Hey, to all those that say Unaka shouldn't be in it.. Why do you even say anything? If Twin Springs can be in it, why can't Unaka because Unaka thumped Twin Springs this summer without a big starter. But, I'm sure everybody's going to want to say we shouldn't because of teams like White Station and the out-of-country teams, but what's better than seeing different teams at different levels competing against teams they have never played before. I personally would like to see some crazy matchups in the Arbys this year.. it probably won't happen but don't you agree, it would be more interesting?