Bearden

bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is he going to resign or be fired or whats going on?

825419140[/snapback]

Dont know either but I think everyone would agree that each class is going to be needed for next season. I dont think the Freshmen are going to strong enough to compete especially the linemen cause they wont be strong enough. Maynard needs to make up his mind now so somebody else can start the off season now instead of Jan. My son has had a sharp decrease in everything and will not be able to make that up with just 18 workouts. Spring practise starts at the end of Feb. Thats just enough time for someone to get hurt in the weight room.

Dont know either but I think everyone would agree that each class is going to be needed for next season.  I dont think the Freshmen are going to strong enough to compete especially the linemen cause they wont be strong enough.  Maynard needs to make up his mind now so somebody else can start the off season now instead  of Jan.  My son has had a sharp decrease in everything  and will not be able to make that up with just 18 workouts.  Spring practise starts at the end of Feb.  Thats just enough time for someone to get hurt in the weight room.

825421210[/snapback]

Have him go out for your wrestling team. That will have him in top shape. Your new Wrestling coach is suppose to be good. :unsure:

Have him go out for your wrestling team.  That will have him in top shape.  Your new Wrestling coach is suppose to be good. :blink:

825421212[/snapback]

I would love the Wrestling coach to be our strenthening and conditionening coach. This guy knows how to train and lift properly. Ive seen and meet Coach Brown several

times at the Rush and he is absolutely huge. He would know the frequentcies of each muscle group you need to work out, and proper lifting techneques.

Edited by bulldg75

Here's another one for U.  How does Bearden and Farragut excel in other sports but not football on a consitant level?

825421214[/snapback]

I know several coaches From Farragutt and they are trying several thing to try to improve. Coach Maynard has his own agenda and that is we are going to keep doing what we always have done and that is lose

I know several coaches From Farragutt and they are trying several thing to try to improve. Coach Maynard has his own agenda and that is we are going to keep doing what we always have done and that is lose

825421377[/snapback]

Your team has always been fun to watch. I remember watching the game you won against Farragut at your home field a few years ago. I didn't think yall were the best team on the field but I thought U played with the Most HEART! What has changed?

Your team has always been fun to watch.  I remember watching the game you won against Farragut at your home field a few years ago.  I didn't think yall were the best team on the field but I thought U played with the Most HEART!  What has changed?

825421735[/snapback]

It always seems to be a great game. I think everyone rises up against Farragut. Even this year we fumbled the ball inside the the 10 at least twice, plus two interceptions. If it wasnt for the effort of the Reviez Boys it would have been a different ballgame.

But thats the problem I have a philosphy that everyone should have to rise up to compete with Bearden. Until the parents, boosters, fans, coaches adopt that philosphy it will never happen. I think Karns did that this year and are going to be better next year. Someone wrote on this message board that we are the new Karns and they are right.

Untill you get some quality coaches in here who can prepare, motivate, and coach i dont think anything will change.  and bulldg75 i think youll agree with me on that one.

825422257[/snapback]

Ive agreed with you all year, thats why I mentioned coach Brown as being our strength and conditioning coach. He would motivate and bring excitement to the program. Thats something I havent seen in two years that Ive been there.

I think you need to look at more than just coaching though. I also blame the parents for treating this sport as an activity. I sat through the Oak Ridge scrimmage and I saw our parents laughing cutting up while there sons were getting the heck beat out of them. The samething with the D.B. game. I had one parent say we are going through a transitional year and smiled at me. I blame the boosters even though they do a great job they need to quit giving this progam money until we do see changes. I blame the students for cussing our players at the games and at school. I blame the school admin. for choosing a great drivers ed teacher instead of a good coach. I even blame myself, this year I couldnt help out but as i get healthier I will.

Yes we need new coaches and I blame Maynard for the mess we are in, all Im saying is he had alittle help that has contributed to the problem.