Bearden

bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let you guys know that pretty much all of us have begun individualized off-season workouts.  From what I've been able to gather, pretty much everybody is already hitting the weights.  I feel really motivated by our lack of success last year.

Keep us up to date.

825429444[/snapback]

I applaud your effort my son is also working out . Here is the problem though I seen alot of kids at the rush just going through the motions and running around like a bunch of yard apes. First you need to be organized and second, work out as a team. That way upper classmen can help the lower classmen. If anyone needs a place to hit the weights I got a nice cage down stairs, but you really need to do it at your school. Let me know if I can be of help.

Edited by bulldg75

There are some meetings going on plus somesort of evalution of the whole program.  Sounds like the leash is getting tighter.  Surveys  are beiing mailed and there is a Special Booster Club meeting next week.

825429398[/snapback]

Did you recieve the letter Jenkins sent out. She in my opinion really blew off the booster club on this one. Who knows what will happen. Maybe im wrong and they might actually be lookin into it.

Did you recieve the letter Jenkins sent out.  She in my opinion really blew off the booster club on this one.  Who knows what will happen.  Maybe im wrong and they might  actually be lookin into it.

825430000[/snapback]

I got a few e-mails but dont know if it was the letter. I herd that the players and parents and Boosters are going to fill out a survey on the coaches and the football program. I doubt if anything is going to happen. there is also a players meeting next week so between the two meetings maybe we will hear something.

3741 I have been coaching for about 15 years but at the rec level with my limited knowledge, I can see what the main problems are and I know you can too why cant anybody else? I hear from people in the community that "says well thats bearden football " has losing become acceptable is this normal? If it is why have a football team if players fans and parents dont want to compete?

That's freaking ridiculous for an administration to chose being "comfortable" with their personnel over wanting to compete. I really detest losing at anything and I really have a hard time accepting that anybody would chose mediocrity, especially at a school with 2,000 people. Competing is what the game is all about.

The choices of our administration makes it sound like our players are wussy "kids who have a lot of heart, no talent, but at least they try hard and that's enough, even if they lose." That is a shame. Give us a chance to win. No matter what you have to do. We will NOT accept playing as a losing team again here.

Edited by BHSfootball

That's freaking ridiculous for an administration to chose being "comfortable" with their personnel over wanting to compete.  I really detest losing at anything and I really have a hard time accepting that anybody would chose mediocrity, especially at a school with 2,000 people.  Competing is what the game is all about. 

The choices of our administration makes it sound like our players are wussy "kids who have a lot of heart, no talent, but at least they try hard and that's enough, even if they lose."  That is a shame.  Give us a chance to win.  No matter what you have to do.  I will NOT accept playing for a losing team again here.

825430654[/snapback]

The thing is you are not competiing, you are on everyone wish list for homecomming.

Like I said Ive coached rec league for 15 years I couldve coached this same team to at least 500. It is ridiculous that nothing has happen yet and the program is getting further and further in the hole. I hope Iam wrong next year we wont win a game if something is not done.

That's freaking ridiculous for an administration to chose being "comfortable" with their personnel over wanting to compete.  I really detest losing at anything and I really have a hard time accepting that anybody would chose mediocrity, especially at a school with 2,000 people.  Competing is what the game is all about. 

The choices of our administration makes it sound like our players are wussy "kids who have a lot of heart, no talent, but at least they try hard and that's enough, even if they lose."  That is a shame.  Give us a chance to win.  No matter what you have to do.  I will NOT accept playing for a losing team again here.

825430654[/snapback]

Son I like your spirit but your not mediocore. This program is far from it . I also think that you are good atheletes. Somebody once said Doing the same wrong thing over and over again and expecting different results is a sign of insanity. Thats what you got here. Your coach doesnt want to improve otherwise you would be working out already as a team. There would be disapline, there would be consequences , but your coach does not want that nor does he want to be successful. heck even the asst. coaches fight amoungst themselves. This is a program headed nowhere fast, and like I said before I dont know why bearden has a football squad because we dont compete.

Edited by bulldg75

Bulldg75,  it sounds like you are a player not a parent.  If you are a parent then I have a problem with the "coach's sons" comment.  If you are a player, I am sorry for your rough season, I hope things get better.  Bad mouthing your coaches is not a positive step.  Chuck Rouse is a good guy and to assume that his son will get special treatment is ignorant and juvenile.  What has happened to high school sports?  Competition among parents is increasing every year.  I have seen it in every sport.  If their kids are not starting, its because they are being cheated, treated wrong,  or because someone is getting special treatment.  There are only so many positions.  High school sports are not recreation leagues.  Everyone does not get to play.  I just feel that some parents need to realize that their kids might not be better than the guy in front of him or her.  Quit making excuses.  Create your own rec league so that your child will be treated fairly and you can be in more control.  Transfer to another school.  Take up golf.  Be in the band.  you have choices, thats the point.  Some parents make great coaches.  Believe it or not they can be fair and unbias.  Let you players compete for positions and speak for themselves.  You can not fight all of their battles.  You are doing them a great injustice.  Granted, I am not in the Bearden family so I do not fully know your situation as far as the coaches go.  I do know that the constant bad mouthing and negativity is extremely unhealthy for a kid to watch and take part in.  I hope things work out for you or your son.  I love high school sports, but the negativity brought on by parents who think they know everything is bring it down.  Let them play.

825397491[/snapback]

You are Clueless!! ... how you can call the previous person "ignorant and juvenile" when all one has to do is watch how coaches son's were treated this past year at Bearden. Only one starter on defense was never individually taken out of a game, do you know who that was? It was the coach’s son. He played almost every down on Defense this year (except for one game where we went out with an injury). Other than that, he played all but 3 plays on Defense (and those were the two times they put in the second string defense). You can look at the Bearden website and see examples about his own son. In two pictures, every player is doing the warm-up exercise, but him. In another, everyone is huddling up and he is standing off to the side. His own son didn’t do weight max’s at the end of the summer or have to run the 40’s (supposedly because of some back ailment), yet during that same time, he was dunking a basketball in the gym. And mysteriously, he got all better two days later and could run full contract drills at camp. How about the coaches younger son. He is probably the only Freshman that will get a varsity letter this year. Wasn’t there a qualified or deserving sophomore or junior that could have done long snap duties. I would think so, especially when his son blew two fumble plays on punts, and did everything he could to avoid contact. Of course he learned the no contact part from his brother who the year before on special teams, would avoid making contact/tackles on punt coverage as well.

I will however agree with you basic thoughts about some parents can be good coaches and that this is not a rec league and will even give you the benefit of the doubt that you assume the Bearden program is like most other HS programs and the people in them. However this program is not!! Coaches son’s get special treatment. As to your comments about “some parents need to realize that their kids might not be better than the guy in front of him ..,” I agree, but that is not the case with this program. I believe some kids arent’ given a chance because they might do better than the starter. Also, I have no problem with my son playing behind someone that is better than he is as long as he has worked as hard as my son has. I can handle that situation just fine, as I teach my son to do his best and to strive to get better. But in this program, it doesn’t matter how hard you try or that you make all the off-season workouts and practices, if the coaches feel some other kid has more talent (i.e. speed, ability), they get the reps. And what does this do? Well, it breaks down being a team. A team is one that all has gone through the same stuff , made the same sacrifices, trusts and respects the players next to him. As long as some are given preferential treatment, it will get no better. I also take offense that you tell us to quit making excuses and go play another sport or activity. You really don’t have a clue. This is our child’s school and a sport our child wants to play. Why not do what we can to make it the best we can. And besides, maybe our child already plays golf and does band, does that somehow now make them not able to be a football player (mine has done all three). Yes we do have choices, and I choose to do whatever I can to make Bearden football better. If that means changing a coach, then so be it. I take personal offense that you believe we are trying to break down the program, when in fact I believe most of those that comment are trying what they can to help push the program in a new and better direction.

You said you aren’t in the know and that was probably the only accurate thing you said. You haven’t a clue what has gone on and what our children have had to endure. No, I don’t fight my child’s battles (whether it be a grade or playing time) and don’t’ plan to. But I feel I have an obligation to do what I can to make this program better. And no, it is not about my own son, his situation is his, but this program is my concern. Let me put it this way, would you think the principal of any High school was being successful if they kept getting more students each year, and over a three year period, not only were the ACT test scores lower, but they were having less students take them? Would you think as parents we should just keep quiet and not say anything? Do you think we should just believe that for some reason our students had less talent then the students in other High Schools? Or that it was the parent’s fault for putting to much pressure on our children and that we teach them to expect the highest levels of achievement for them? A bad program is a bad program, and it starts at the top. Our children have to apply for college and scholarships and they just don’t ask about their academics. Yes, they do ask about the sport participation and yes, they ask about Letters earned. So, should I be concerned about football and be passionate about it. YES!! Kids might be able to get scholarships from playing football and we as parents should demand the best, not only from our children, but their coaches and their administrators. I feel that all any parent should ask is that all children play by the same rules. Plain and simple. But with the Bearden program, that is not the case, not hardly.

You are Clueless!! ... how you can call the previous person "ignorant and juvenile" when all one has to do is watch how coaches son's were treated this past year at Bearden.  Only one starter on defense was never individually taken out of a game, do you know who that was? It was the coach’s son.  He played almost every down on Defense this year (except for one game where we went out with an injury).  Other than that, he played all but 3 plays on Defense (and those were the two times they put in the second string defense).  You can look at the Bearden website and see examples about his own son.  In two pictures, every player is doing the warm-up exercise, but him.  In another, everyone is huddling up and he is standing off to the side.  His own son didn’t do weight max’s at the end of the summer or have to run the 40’s (supposedly because of some back ailment), yet during that same time, he was dunking a basketball in the gym.  And mysteriously, he got all better two days later and could run full contract drills at camp. How about the coaches younger son.  He is probably the only Freshman that will get a varsity letter this year. Wasn’t there a qualified or deserving sophomore or junior that could have done long snap duties.  I would think so, especially when his son blew two fumble plays on punts, and did everything he could to avoid contact.  Of course he learned the no contact part from his brother who the year before on special teams, would avoid making contact/tackles on punt coverage as well.

I will however agree with you basic thoughts about some parents can be good coaches and that this is not a rec league and will even give you the benefit of the doubt that you assume the Bearden program is like most other HS programs and the people in them.  However this program is not!! Coaches son’s get special treatment. As to your comments about “some parents need to realize that their kids might not be better than the guy in front of him ..,” I agree, but that is not the case with this program.  I believe some kids arent’ given a chance because they might do better than the starter.  Also, I have no problem with my son playing behind someone that is better than he is as long as he has worked as hard as my son has.  I can handle that situation just fine, as I teach my son to do his best and to strive to get better.  But in this program, it doesn’t matter how hard you try or that you make all the off-season workouts and practices, if the coaches feel some other kid has more talent (i.e. speed, ability), they get the reps.  And what does this do? Well, it breaks down being a team.  A team is one that all has gone through the same stuff , made the same sacrifices, trusts and respects the players next to him.  As long as some are given preferential treatment, it will get no better.  I also take offense that you tell us to quit making excuses and go play another sport or activity.  You really don’t have a clue.  This is our child’s school and a sport our child wants to play.  Why not do what we can to make it the best we can. And besides, maybe our child already plays golf and does band, does that somehow now make them not able to be a football player (mine has done all three).  Yes we do have choices, and I choose to do whatever I can to make Bearden football better.  If that means changing a coach, then so be it.  I take personal offense that you believe we are trying to break down the program, when in fact I believe most of those that comment are trying what they can to help push the program in a new and better direction.

You said you aren’t in the know and that was probably the only accurate thing you said.  You haven’t a clue what has gone on and what our children have had to endure.  No, I don’t fight my child’s battles (whether it be a grade or playing time) and don’t’ plan to.  But I feel I have an obligation to do what I can to make this program better.  And no, it is not about my own son, his situation is his, but this program is my concern.  Let me put it this way, would you think the principal of any High school was being successful if they kept getting more students each year, and over a three year period, not only were the ACT test scores lower, but they were having less students take them?  Would you think as parents we should just keep quiet and not say anything? Do you think we should just believe that for some reason our students had less talent then the students in other High Schools?  Or that it was the parent’s fault for putting to much pressure on our children and that we teach them to expect the highest levels of achievement for them?  A bad program is a bad program, and it starts at the top.  Our children have to apply for college and scholarships and they just don’t ask about their academics. Yes, they do ask about the sport participation and yes, they ask about Letters earned.  So, should I be concerned about football and be passionate about it.  YES!! Kids might be able to get scholarships from playing football and we as parents should demand the best, not only from our children, but their coaches and their administrators.  I feel that all any parent should ask is that all children play by the same rules.  Plain and simple.  But with the Bearden program, that is not the case, not hardly.

825431973[/snapback]

zabava how do u get to the athletics website...u cant reach any of the links on beardens website i wish i would have gone there...ha

You are Clueless!! ... how you can call the previous person "ignorant and juvenile" when all one has to do is watch how coaches son's were treated this past year at Bearden.  Only one starter on defense was never individually taken out of a game, do you know who that was? It was the coach’s son.  He played almost every down on Defense this year (except for one game where we went out with an injury).  Other than that, he played all but 3 plays on Defense (and those were the two times they put in the second string defense).  You can look at the Bearden website and see examples about his own son.  In two pictures, every player is doing the warm-up exercise, but him.  In another, everyone is huddling up and he is standing off to the side.  His own son didn’t do weight max’s at the end of the summer or have to run the 40’s (supposedly because of some back ailment), yet during that same time, he was dunking a basketball in the gym.  And mysteriously, he got all better two days later and could run full contract drills at camp. How about the coaches younger son.  He is probably the only Freshman that will get a varsity letter this year. Wasn’t there a qualified or deserving sophomore or junior that could have done long snap duties.  I would think so, especially when his son blew two fumble plays on punts, and did everything he could to avoid contact.  Of course he learned the no contact part from his brother who the year before on special teams, would avoid making contact/tackles on punt coverage as well.

I will however agree with you basic thoughts about some parents can be good coaches and that this is not a rec league and will even give you the benefit of the doubt that you assume the Bearden program is like most other HS programs and the people in them.  However this program is not!! Coaches son’s get special treatment. As to your comments about “some parents need to realize that their kids might not be better than the guy in front of him ..,” I agree, but that is not the case with this program.  I believe some kids arent’ given a chance because they might do better than the starter.  Also, I have no problem with my son playing behind someone that is better than he is as long as he has worked as hard as my son has.  I can handle that situation just fine, as I teach my son to do his best and to strive to get better.  But in this program, it doesn’t matter how hard you try or that you make all the off-season workouts and practices, if the coaches feel some other kid has more talent (i.e. speed, ability), they get the reps.  And what does this do? Well, it breaks down being a team.  A team is one that all has gone through the same stuff , made the same sacrifices, trusts and respects the players next to him.  As long as some are given preferential treatment, it will get no better.  I also take offense that you tell us to quit making excuses and go play another sport or activity.  You really don’t have a clue.  This is our child’s school and a sport our child wants to play.  Why not do what we can to make it the best we can. And besides, maybe our child already plays golf and does band, does that somehow now make them not able to be a football player (mine has done all three).  Yes we do have choices, and I choose to do whatever I can to make Bearden football better.  If that means changing a coach, then so be it.  I take personal offense that you believe we are trying to break down the program, when in fact I believe most of those that comment are trying what they can to help push the program in a new and better direction.

You said you aren’t in the know and that was probably the only accurate thing you said.  You haven’t a clue what has gone on and what our children have had to endure.  No, I don’t fight my child’s battles (whether it be a grade or playing time) and don’t’ plan to.  But I feel I have an obligation to do what I can to make this program better.  And no, it is not about my own son, his situation is his, but this program is my concern.  Let me put it this way, would you think the principal of any High school was being successful if they kept getting more students each year, and over a three year period, not only were the ACT test scores lower, but they were having less students take them?  Would you think as parents we should just keep quiet and not say anything? Do you think we should just believe that for some reason our students had less talent then the students in other High Schools?  Or that it was the parent’s fault for putting to much pressure on our children and that we teach them to expect the highest levels of achievement for them?  A bad program is a bad program, and it starts at the top.  Our children have to apply for college and scholarships and they just don’t ask about their academics. Yes, they do ask about the sport participation and yes, they ask about Letters earned.  So, should I be concerned about football and be passionate about it.  YES!! Kids might be able to get scholarships from playing football and we as parents should demand the best, not only from our children, but their coaches and their administrators.  I feel that all any parent should ask is that all children play by the same rules.  Plain and simple.  But with the Bearden program, that is not the case, not hardly.

825431973[/snapback]

amen