Bearden

bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zabava how do u get to the athletics website...u cant reach any of the links on beardens website i wish i would have gone there...ha

825432029[/snapback]

Good point about the school website. The principal tells the booster club to trust her to do her job yet the school website is a disgrace and for many, that might be their first contact/information about Bearden. You can even hit the link that is suppose to get you the principal's bio, but what do you get, not her bio, but an error page. Trust her to do her job she says .... yet, if being overall responsible for the web page is any indication, I would say she is failing and she has had almost a year to get that fixed. Heck in her letter to the booster club she said she was unable to retrieve her email for almost a week. Someone is sure running a good school over their as best I can tell.

But to answer your question, the site is www.beardenfootball.com

And your right, you are probably lucky not to go there (especially if you played football), and I am seriously debating how many more of my children will attend there as well.

Edited by zabava

Good point about the school website.  The principal tells the booster club to trust her to do her job yet the school website is a disgrace and for many, that might be their first contact/information about Bearden.  You can even hit the link for get the principal's bio, but what do you get, not her bio, but an error page.  Trust her to do her job she says ....  yet, if being overall responsible for the web page is any indication, I would say she is failing and she has had almost a year to get that fixed.  But to answer your question, the site is www.beardenfootball.com

And your right, you are probably lucky not to go their (especially if you played football), and I am seriously debating how many more of my children will attend their as well.

825432346[/snapback]

how old are the rest of your children if they play football and you are maybe considering a private school seriously consider catholic dont be scared by the name i am not catholic but i absolutly love it there they do everything right it seems

Edited by cherries

oh well after reading alot of your posts you show the maturity of some one with many years after college, do you no who is looking at kris kelton

825432360[/snapback]

After sending tapes to many SEC and higher D-2 colleges all season, it looks like he might be headed to a D-2 school. He visited Tenn. Tech last week, but is liking Tusculum alot right now. He seems really high on them. Chris is a great guy who barely tapped his potential at Bearden, and in my opinion, could have played at a better school, at least talent-wise. The guy works his butt off and has size. He just didn't get a chance playing on our team this year. I think if he had played strictly defense, things might have gone better for him.

And how many games did your son's freshman team win last year?  Maybe this year's freshman class is being treated like something special because THEY ARE something special and have the ability to restore the name of Bearden Football!!  Maybe another problem could be that the parents are too busy blaming everyone else like the coaches instead of accepting the fact that these group of guys playing just aren't that great...!!

825397442[/snapback]

Special?? .. I will admit they do have some talent, but it is far too early and very wrong to tag them as the saviors of the program. So they won a rec league, big deal. This year's junior class supposedly did well in rec league too. In fact you own quote was "... the current junior class did very well in rec league..", but now in your above post you are throwing them under the bus and replacing them with this years freshman. And why weren't the freshman successful the previous year. Was it lack of talent? Was it lack of coaching? Maybe that this year's freshmen were given far more advantages than last years freshman (i.e. go to camp, pre-season scrimmages, dressing and playing in JV games, etc). Had both classes been treated equally (which a public school I feel should do), maybe this years sophomore class would have had better success as freshmen. As it stands now, if I had a son who was now a sophomore, I would have no reason for them to go to workouts and play next year, since the anointed classes seem to be the upcoming seniors and sophomores (which also coincidentally are the classes of the head coach’s sons). Last years JV went undefeated and most of the varsity that year was seniors, so using your logic, this years team should have been undefeated or at the very minimum a winning team. WOW .. but they weren’t. So what does that mean, just that previous years results don’t guarantee future success. So putting too much stock on this year’s freshmen class and their rec league championship (especially when other posters talk that rec league is not the same as high school varsity football – see previous post I responded too) is foolish.

This year’s freshmen class does have potential, but I have seen many teams with individual potential, but will that group mesh with the other classes, or do the players feel they are “special” and might even look down or something similar to other classes. To me, it takes all three classes (Soph, Jr, Sr) working together, working hard, doing all the off-season workouts and working for common goals for them to be successful. Everyone can’t be a starter, but for a team to be successful, teammates need to be pushing the starters in the weight room, at camp and during practices. They all need to do their best whether they are a starter, on one special team, or on just on the scout team in practice. It takes everyone to be a winner and it takes every player understanding that their teammates, in what ever role they have, are needed for the group to be winners! And as best I can tell, some seem to think and I’m afraid it will carry over to the players, that some how this Freshmen team is something great. They need to respect the upper classmen and what they have had to endure and they need to pay their dues as well, even though thus far they have been given many advantages and special treatment. This freshmen have a lot of work to do these next three off-seasons, so let’s see how they do with that before they are judged. I have seen teams with great promise and ability, but they end up not being a team and/or don’t work hard, and then don’t live up to expectations.

One other thing to consider, is how many of this freshmen team will return? The previous year, they had around 45 players, yet, what less than 20 returned and this was not just the starters that came back. In fact, many that didn’t return were starters. Did the coaching staff do what was best for the program this past year in regards to the freshmen. What I saw was opportunities missed by not getting more players in this past year. Yes, they have some with talent, but shouldn’t a goal of the program be to make all players better? Who knows who might grow 3 or 4 inches or put on 30-50 lbs between seasons. I’m not psychic, and I doubt the coaches are. So why not let more kids play, especially when you have games that are blowouts. In my opinion, winning the game is important, but also preparing all the players for next year is just as important. I’ve seen many kids who were “great” as 8th or 9th graders, and then fizzled by the time they were a junior or senior. Need I remind everyone of the classic story that Micheal Jordan didn’t even make the team his sophomore year. Things can change, players can get worse, some will get better. Being a rec league champion in 8th grade means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to high school varsity football. And one other thing, the Freshmen QB is older than some of the sophomores that were on the team. So, would the Freshmen have been rec league champions without him? I don’t know, but if that had been the case, would we even be having this discussion? Food for thought.

ok, i have held off in commenting on this thread, but i can't any longer. I will be brief with my comments:

1. This years freshman qb was not even on the winning supermidget rec team. I think he played for Karns.

2. It sounds to me that the people writing on this thread don't know the freshman team very well. The starters could not be more supportive, they were at almost every varsity game, and felt the loss just like the v. players did. They even make comments like "the freshmen don't matter, no one cares about our record, we are a part of the varsity team"

3. You don't need to worry about "paying their dues"...they know that. They are a smart, supportive, and aware group of kids. Also, lets not blame the kids...did they demand the "advantages" that they got this year? NO! It was not their decision to go to camp...many did not even want to go. So lets give credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due.

4. Given the right coaching, BHS will be back in the "ballgame"

5. About the blowouts and playing time...well, you obviously weren't at the games. The third string was in by the end of the 2nd quarter in the 57-0 game. Please get your facts straight before you make accusations.

6. The last thing, we ALL need to become more unified. If parents cant do it, then how can we expect it out of the players? Maybe I wasn't so brief afterall. Sorry

ok, i have held off in commenting on this thread, but i can't any longer. I will be brief with my comments:

1. This years freshman qb was not even on the winning supermidget rec team. I think he played for Karns.

2. It sounds to me that the people writing on this thread don't know the freshman team very well. The starters could not be more supportive, they were at almost every varsity game, and felt the loss just like the v. players did. They even make comments like "the freshmen don't matter, no one cares about our record, we are a part of the varsity team"

3. You don't need to worry about "paying their dues"...they know that. They are a smart, supportive, and aware group of kids. Also, lets not blame the kids...did they demand the "advantages" that they got this year? NO! It was not their decision to go to camp...many did not even want to go. So lets give credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due.

5. About the blowouts and playing time...well, you obviously weren't at the games. The third string was in by the end of the 2nd quarter in the 57-0 game. Please get your facts straight before you make accusations.

6. The last thing, we ALL need to become more unified. If parents cant do it, then how can we expect it out of the players? Maybe I wasn't so brief afterall. Sorry

825432788[/snapback]

you know we are unified its the parents of the Freshmen team that have been, well lets just say Jerks. You dont know how often we had to listen to you guys say "Just wait till are guys are ready " Were the saviors of the football team. Dont tell me that I didnt hear it we all endured it all year long. Think of the varsity juniors and seniors how they felt climbing the stairs and hearing it . Think of the Deavers who poured thier heart and soul into this program and having to listen to it. Yea yall showed alot of class just like your #31 whizzing on the front part of the school in front of parents and and other students and me, was this kid punished , no Lynn Hill and Chuck Rouse did absolutley nothing and the kid got to play against the Farragutt Freshmen that evening.

Iam glad your guys are good and coached well but you dont have to shove it down everybodys throat every chance you get. One thing you might keep in mind with the limited # of work outs this off season I dont think half your guys will be ready, not on this level. You have 5 guys I think should be benching over 250 or more. I can tell those same guys cant do 200. Next season when your kids are like the rest of the team and losing dont go holliering for a coaching change. Ihave aready herd that a few of your kids know how bad it is and are leaving to go private. As for the accussations part it doesnt take rocket science to see whats going on. 8 wins in three years a 1-9 season this year. If nothing doesn't change will be 1-9 next year.

Edited by bulldg75

825432788[/snapback]

1) I wasn't aware that the QB didn't play with this group in rec, I thought those freshmen parents that told me that "this group has been playing together for a long time" were telling the truth. My error.

2) I disagree, the Freshmen team does matter, and I think many cared about their record.

3) Why wouldn't someone want to go to camp if they had the opportunity to go? I never blamed them for the opportunities they had, but was just trying to point they had additional ones not given previous classes.

4) I would agree, and maybe add a playbook as well

5) You only give one example out of seven (7) games. Needless to say, I don't think citing one event can be used to say that I don't have my facts straight Besides, that game was different because it seemed they wanted to rest the starters so they could play in the JV game, which in turn only took playing time from the "regular" JV (who already had one less game than the freshmen). However, the thing I find interesting was the head coach had said previously, all freshmen would play in each game in his program, yet before the first game, the freshmen coaches told the players they might not all get to play.

6) I agree, we all do need to become unified. The administration needs to do whatever they are going to do and in my opinion resolve this by the first of the new year and let their decision become public. After that, we all need to rally together, players, parents, boosters, coaches and administration and get this program moving in a positive direction. Because currently, parents and players alike are being "forced" to pick a side, and this program can't move forward until the administration makes their decision. And one last comment, the players do need to come together. No matter what happens, I feel the players might even want to consider having a meeting themselves, set their goals as a group and discuss what they should expect from each other during the off-season. And that no one is above working out, and that everyone needs to put their full heart, mind and body into being the best player than can be and the best teammate they can be. I honestly believe many of the players have never been told, that no matter their individual role, their individual hard work directly effects this teams level of success.

you know we are unified its the parents of the Freshmen team that have been,  well lets just say Jerks.  You dont know how often we had to listen to you guys say "Just wait till are guys are ready "    Were the saviors of the football team.  Dont tell me that I didnt hear it we all endured it all year long.  Think of the varsity juniors and seniors    how they felt  climbing the stairs and hearing it .  Think of the Deavers who poured thier heart and soul into this program and having to listen to it.  Yea yall showed alot of class just like your #31 whizzing  on the front part of the school in front of parents and and other students and me,  was this kid punished ,  no Lynn Hill  and  Chuck Rouse  did absolutley nothing  and the kid got to play against the Farragutt  Freshmen that evening. 

Iam glad your guys are good and coached well  but you dont have to shove it down everybodys  throat  every chance you get.  One thing you might keep in mind  with the limited # of work outs  this off  season I dont think half your guys will be ready, not on this level.  You have 5 guys I think should be benching over 250 or more.  I can tell those same guys cant do 200.  Next season when your kids are like the rest of the team and losing dont go holliering for a coaching change.  Ihave aready herd that a few of your kids know how bad it is and are leaving  to go private.    As for the accussations part it doesnt take rocket science to see whats going on.  8 wins in three years a 1-9 season this year.  If nothing doesn't change will be 1-9 next year.

825433510[/snapback]

And you expected him to be punished. Heck they had a kid pull a fire alarm at camp. That incident could effect whether we get to go back there again. But was that player sent home and kicked of the team. NO. Why wasn't he? Maybe because the coach's own son was also involved? Does anyone in the administration know the whole story? Well, I sure don't and I doubt we ever will.

And you expected him to be punished.  Heck they had a kid pull a fire alarm at camp.  That incident could effect whether we get to go back there again. But was that player sent home and kicked of the team.  NO.  Why wasn't he? Maybe because the coach's own son was also involved?  Does anyone in the administration know the whole story?  Well, I sure don't and I doubt we ever will.

825433813[/snapback]

Well it all goes back to disapline or the lack there of, and you right he was.

Edited by bulldg75