Bearden

bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok my 2 cents worth,  if i could remember his name__________ the coach that was so sucessful at bearden that went to cak. just drawing a blank right now.  if this is the first coach since he left (oh what big shoes to fill), then things are done differently and everyone starts questioning if winning is not done right away.  look at other schools where a legend has left and the new guys in town don't get the job done and it's always their fault.  this comes from the fact that things are done differently and people in there human nature way don't like change. 

with that said, when the next guys come in and take over and does their thing for a little bit and if they get the first win in the first game then the players buy into what's being done and whalla success again.

825392702[/snapback]

Young is correct. This new head coach was on staff with young for 10+ years before he left. Was his D-fense coordinator. Pretty also several of the coaches were on the staff with Young. The present guy from what i uderstand was Promoted to Head Coach cause it was his time and he had been waiting for years for that job.

Its my personal opinion that when someone retires hiring the person who has been waiting for years to take his spot may not always be the best person for the job. When your talking a 5a program do you want a rookie 1st time head coach coming in and running things. I am by no means saying that a rookie head coach cant do the job but with a program this big and in a tuff region like this, leave the new coaches to the smaller schools and let them build experience, bring in an experienced proven head coach to run the program. There are plenty of these guys out there. Many of them will also jump at the chance to go from a 1-2-3 a school to a 5a.

Young is correct.  This new head coach was on staff with young for 10+ years before he left.  Was his D-fense coordinator.  Pretty also several of the coaches were on the staff with Young.  The present guy from what i uderstand was Promoted to Head Coach cause it was his time and he had been waiting for years for that job. 

Its my personal opinion that when  someone retires hiring the person who has been waiting for years to take his spot may not always be the best person for the job.  When your talking a 5a program do you want a rookie 1st time head coach coming in and running things.  I am by no means saying that a rookie head coach cant do the job but with a program this big and in a tuff region like this, leave the new coaches to the smaller schools and let them build experience, bring in an experienced proven head coach to run the program.  There are plenty of these guys out there.  Many of them will also jump at the chance to go from a 1-2-3 a school to a 5a.

825392877[/snapback]

Hey I believe JKar was pulling your leg but you can moan and groan till the cows come home there is not going to be a coaching change according to the principal and Lynn Hill they said in last weeks booster meeting that they would rather have a good teacher than coach. ( I think Maynard teaches drivers ed) My son did say that the Offensive Co. probably gone so i guess they'll Put Rouse in his spot. So next years team will all be sophmores. Hey guess what these coaches sons are next year .

Edited by bulldg75

How about Tim Hammontree from Rea County? He would bring the energy, the offense, and the defense like he did at Maryville. Most of all he would bring the heart and the belief you can win when you walk on the field!

825393237[/snapback]

thats fine anybody would be better but it is not going to happen please read the above thank you

I posted this earlier but was censored and taken off. Coach Maynard if you care about this team, school , fans and community then you would quit. Just look at your record and what you have done to this program. Sir you were punked out by South Doyle. I would like to know how much farther are you going to let this go on. A word of advise for the boosters dont give this program any more money untill things change.

Edited by bulldg75

I posted this earlier but was censored and taken off. Coach Maynard if you care about this team,  school , fans and community then you would quit.  Just look at your record and what you have done to this program.  Sir you  were punked out by South Doyle.  I would like to know how much farther are you going to let this go on.  A word of advise for the boosters dont give this program any more money untill things change.

825393789[/snapback]

I agree on all acounts. As far as the principle and Hill go. What many dont realize is that the Principle dont have to fire anyone as a teacher. Relieve them of their coaching duties and get him out of drivers ed. Put him in music, art, or band, he will do the right thing then and resign from teaching on his own, but no need to fire him as a teacher. There are people above them. Many of those are being or about to be contacted. Who knows what will happen.

You would think the man would realize that the kids and parents are wanting a change and would do what is in the best intrest of the team. It would be a shame if it came down to what BHS was talking about in an earlier post. The team walking out.

Edited by bdog3741

So next years team will all be sophmores.  Hey guess what these coaches sons are next year .

825393195[/snapback]

Your so right on this remark. If youll remember how the freshmen were treated like second class players and shuffeled of to the corner last year. what a difference a year makes. Matter of fact we have a freshman who has started i believe the last 3 or 4 varsity games at long snapper. youll never guess what his name is. ? Maynard possibly?

Your so right on this remark.  If youll remember how the freshmen were treated like second class players and shuffeled of to the corner last year.  what a difference a year makes.  Matter of fact we have a freshman who has started i believe the last 3 or 4 varsity games at long snapper.  youll never guess what his name is. ?  Maynard possibly?

825393918[/snapback]

My son was on the freshmen team last year and we didnt even have a coach. Those duties were divided up between different coaches. I see how different they were treated than this group of freshmen are. I see and hear things and can put two and two together and can see what is comming down the line. I just wish I didnt have two more years to put up with this crap. My youngest son is not as tallented or as strong as my oldest but he has a lot of heart. Other schools want him to play for them and I believe Im going to let him go.