Huntingdon Mustangs Region 6-AA Champs

Mr. Mustang

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to figure region 6AA this season. I too figured that Huntingdon would beat Riverside by a wider margin tonight. I also, figured they would beat Milan and Westview. There have been several games in the last 2-3 weeks that have surprised me in regions 6AA and 7AA.

The question is how far can Huntingdon go? There seem to be some problems there that need solving or they might only see 2-3 playoff games from the field. Crazy things are happening in this area in AA this season and if the trend carries over to the playoffs it could be trouble for this area this season!

hey blue eyes, i think you might need to pay attention to other teams stats.....last i checked which was at 12 a.m. westview, milan, and mitchell was also 6-2....so dont be so sure of yourself yet, their hasnt been any teams recognized as region champs yet!

825383924[/snapback]

last time i checked westview and milan were in region 7aa and mitchell was in region 8aa, so there isn't a way for them to beat huntingdon for the region title. please think before you pot.

I have a question. And this is not downing Huntingdon because they have nothing to do with it. But, Why do they not switch up the playoffs. What I mean is, Region 7 playing Region 8 and Region 5 playing Region 6. Milan goes through the gauntlet every year with those teams in Memphis. Huntingdon has the cakewalk region 5. And im not downing Huntingdon for people that think that. Its just an opinion. The first game is easy for the top seed. And then its life or death for 2 games. And then Region 6 has a cakewalk.

Even though we West Tennesseans pick-on Region 5 AA about being weak, they are really not. Year in and out, they have had more parity than regions 6 and 7 AA and they have been coming into the playoffs with worse records. In region 7, it's not just Milan and Westview anymore. Look what Dresden did last year. In region 6, Camden has moved up on Huntingdon and McKenzie. I might be wrong, but I don't see parity hurting either region 6 or 7 in the playoffs. You might have a 7-3 team travel to Memphis for the playoffs, but it will be one tough 7-3 team. Those days of one team dominating each region are over.

I have a question. And this is not downing Huntingdon because they have nothing to do with it. But, Why do they not switch up the playoffs. What I mean is, Region 7 playing Region 8 and Region 5 playing Region 6.  Milan goes through the gauntlet every year with those teams in Memphis. Huntingdon has the cakewalk region 5. And im not downing Huntingdon for people that think that. Its just an opinion. The first game is easy for the top seed. And then its life or death for 2 games. And then Region 6 has a cakewalk.

825384167[/snapback]

The only gauntlet you run is getting to Memphis. There is usually only one team from that region that would win two games in the other regions in West Tennessee.

27 points is enough to win most high school football games if you have a couple of other ingredients to go with it. Defense and no turnovers. If the Mustangs can play stingy defense and not turn the ball over in the playoffs they will be o.k. Sounds easy but it will take a lot of discipline on both sides of the ball. The kids need to forget about the pressure of following a state championship team because all the sophomores, juniors, and seniors are already wearing a state championship ring. Just wonder how many thousands of former high school football players from across the nation played all four years and never got a ring. There should be no pressure; this team should just start playing smart and have fun. The rest will take care of itself. There is no doubt that they have the athletes to complete deep into the playoffs!!!! thumb

I have a question. And this is not downing Huntingdon because they have nothing to do with it. But, Why do they not switch up the playoffs. What I mean is, Region 7 playing Region 8 and Region 5 playing Region 6.  Milan goes through the gauntlet every year with those teams in Memphis. Huntingdon has the cakewalk region 5. And im not downing Huntingdon for people that think that. Its just an opinion. The first game is easy for the top seed. And then its life or death for 2 games. And then Region 6 has a cakewalk.

825384167[/snapback]

I'll tell you why. Until the last few years 8-AA has been weak. We played Treadwell one year in Huntingdon and they were an hour late for the game.. All of a sudden the team bus shows up following a Pizza Hut car. They get off the bus and they're fully dressed. They take a quick 10 warm-up and they preceedeed to get drilled. You can't tell much about the 2-AA teams in Memphis. We don't have it easy in our region when the playoffs begin. Pretty tough playing at Lewis County when they are undefeated and playing against the refs too! Another thing if you switched regions you would have to do that across the state and that doesn't make sense. Teams in 7-AA are closed to Memphis than us. Teams in 6-AA are closed to 5-AA than say Milan or UC. I don't think you'll see a team from 8-AA in M'Boro this year. Not certain but just my opinion.

For all you folks out there that pretend to know football then you might like to know that H'don has won the Region Championship. They have one region game left and IF they lost to McKenzie they would still be Champs because they beat Camden heads up and they would have a one loss record the same as Camden.. I didn't say they won a State Championship! Try reading the post before you reply..