Westview vs. Mckenzie

Punisher-whs pride

I think the Rebels may have trouble stopping Guy.  He's one tough runner.  If the Rebels can hang close till the last quarter then they can pull out the win.  The Rebels need to score alot because Westview can put up some points!  Playing in McKenzie will help.  Good luck to the Rebels..

825388096[/snapback]

I thought that in week 7 McKenzie was 4-0 on the road and 0-3 at home!! I don't know how much help having home field advantage would be...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie will have their hands full trying to stop Guy, I'm not sure they can. But if they can slow him down enough they may have a shot. What is Westview's D like? Can their front put enough pressure on Hayes to stop the passing game?

825388271[/snapback]

I know when Camden played Mckenzie for the first half Mckenzie's line had a hard time protecting Hayes and then with all the Lion's cramping in the 2nd he was able to stay in the pocket more and nearly came back....If Mckenzie's line can step up and protect Hayes and the D-line can put some hurt on Guy early the rebels could upset....I don't really look for that to happen because westview is on a roll...should be an interesting film review for all the play -off teams looking to play Westview.

Westview 35

Mckenzie 21

McKenzie's defense has been playing a lot better the past two games. The Rebel offensive line has been spotty in protecting Hayes though. They need to do a better job of pass blocking from tackle to tackle as a whole. Cook's running has been worked back into the offense much more and that has been a big plus for the Rebel offense.

If the O line will step up and get the pass protection to the level it needs to be and the Rebel receivers will hang on to the passes (a couple of them have been falling down in this department lately!) McKenzie should be able to put up points against Westview or anyone else. Then it's up to the Rebel D to get their job done. Guy won't be stopped but, we need to slow him down considerably to make it happen.

At least, McKenzie broke the home field jinx last Friday night against Chester Co. and would love to keep the home field winning up!!!!!!!!

Last time I posted some people made the mistake of making my confidence into cockiness. However my prediction was really close. I predicted 35-7 and Westview won 37-10 over Union City last week. I'm not saying anything negative about this Great Mckenzie team. However I look for the Chargers of Westview to roll on to another big victory IF they continue to play at the same level that they have been playing. Once again I'm going to go with the 35-7 prediction with a Westview victory. However If I'm wrong then i'll gladly eat those words and apologize to the good 'ol people from Mckenzie.

I won't say that this game won't be ugly scorewise or that you are being cocky Chargerman. Confident maybe. That's fine by me!

Just two things to say. One, I REALLY think the Rebels will score more than 7 points! Two, confidence (or too much of it) COULD become a real problem for Westview Friday night.

Edited by duckman38201

Yeah I agree. I don't know much about Westview defensively, but I do know McKenzie had a very dangerous offense, when they want it to be. In some games, they have yet to unleash that offense. But they are very capapble of putting up 35 points a night. However, it's their defense that is lacking. And if you want to beat Westview, your defense better bring it. I'm gonna predict, Westview 35-20.

It's sure obvious now that the Rebels didn't show up to play their A game tonight! No need to get into the whats and whys on the Rebel side of this one. We stunk up the field and it wasn't all the player's fault either! The McKenzie offense had a meltdown tonight. Too much bad play selection. Three trips inside the 10 with first and goal and no points---you name it!