Tullahoma vs Hendersonville

timbdp

Not sure where those stats came from. There was at least two corner kicks for Tullahoma in the second half alone. Stats really dont matter anyways, well besides the goal stat. It says two shots for Tullahoma and two goals, Id say thats pretty darn good if its true. Hendersonville had more shots yes but only two were really good goal scoring opportunities. One went in and the other barely missed the post in the first half. The rest were outside the 18 and easy catches for the keep. the reason Im saying all this is because for years people complain and whine about Tullahoma being in the final 4. They go once, people call it a fluke. They repeat, say they are lucky. A third time, oh they must have an easy bracket. Forth time, yup an easy bracket again. A fifth time with a change to make it so teams in easy brackets dont always advance, a coach last year quoted time soccer force Franklin. You would think after 6 times to the final 4 which from what i understand is more times consecutivly(sorry for spelling errors) than any other team. How many times can something be a fluke or someone be lucky. How would you feel about 6 times to state and no repect if it was your team? <--not addressed to anyone in particular. All teams in the state tournament deserve to be there amd deserve the respect and honor of being the top 4 High School teams in TN. No matter where they are from, who they play, what the stats are or who the ref is. They earned it. Congrats to all the teams still in the tourney, be proud of your efforts, your the best in TN.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Tullahoma was eliminated in the first round last year by Hendersonville (?).  Tullahoma lost to Franklin in the state championship in 2002.

As for this game, Hendersonville has played a much harder schedule than Tullahoma over the course of the year.  I know the Tullahoma folks will take issue with this, but their region is just not as strong as those regions in Sumner, Montgomery, and Williamson counties year in and year out.  Tullahoma, by far, is the class of their region.  Tullahoma has a good team, but I feel Hendersonville has the edge due to the tough schedule they have played.  Therefore, I pick Hendersonville to win, 3-1.

825390241[/snapback]

Tough schedules/easy schedules - what matters is who shows up to play for any given game: this was again proven in Finley Stadium last night.

I am overjoyed to see there is absolutely no mention of officiating being a factor in last night's Hendersonville/Tullahoma matchup. Put another way, there seems to be no whining from Hendersonville and to my knowledge, there were no incidents at or following the game between players, coaches, parents or other fans.

I say this because the CoachT forums are full of comments regarding various Hendersonville games this season - many controversies seem to involve games Hendersonville took part in. Bearing in mind I'm only an interested observer..........One could get the impression Hendersonville is the problem - but given that they lost a heart-breaker last night and have accepted it with apparent grace, maybe we should consider Hendersonville a class act in Tennessee Girl's Soccer and look outside Hendersonville for the source of those controversies.

I agree with youngster about the sportsmanship comment. I wasnt venting about them, just about people as a whole speaking against tullahoma. Hendersonville is a great team, great attitude, with great sportsmanship and i too think they should be recognized for that.

This is the sixth year in a row Tullahoma has made it to the Final Four... must be luck I guess (that was sarcasim if you didn't catch it). Maybe Tullahoma will FINALLY get the respect they deserve. Go Tullahoma and good luck in your Final Four match! Apparently you'll need alot (sarcasim again).

825391886[/snapback]

Hey soccer13 I think whitey was being sarcastic too. You didn't catch it huh?

Well Tullahoma on too final 4-I'll pick against you again so u can win :D

Edited by Anderson6395

Yay Tullahoma! Great game from what i hear! Especially when you call me from the game and tell me personally that you beat Hendersonville for Franklin! I dont want to take anything away from Hendersonville because they got to state and played a great game! Kara, Margaret, and Emily i miss you guys in travel and i wish you the best of luck in the rest of the tournament! love ya girls! GO WIN STATE!

On a not so personal note... Tullahoma has managed to do it every year! They overcome everyones expectations. That takes a lot of effort. From playing you guys i know you all have a lot of heart and have a great passion for the game. That shows when you walk out onto the field and get your jobs done. I have SO much respect for all of you and I hope it all works out for you in the end. Again, I say good luck and i wish for the best!

Hendersonville... you had a great season and you made it to State. Your sportsmanship has gained you a lot of respect. Though the Franklin girls are upset for not being in State we have respect for your attitudes on the field. Great season and good luck to all you seniors who plan to play soccer in college. For all you youngins like me... see you next year!