Midway High School

honeysuckle38

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway has a great football program but has it come at the expense of other sports? Lets face it, Midway's basketball and baseball teams are not very competetive.

825401398[/snapback]

What does baseball and basketball have to do with the football program. In every school ive ever been at i have never heard the football coach tell a person that they couldnt play another sport. (basketball players did have to come out after the playoffs)

But usually the basket ball and baseball coaches dont let their players play football because of fall baseball and summer basketball. Unfortunately when a kid is forced to chose between 2 sports both the coaches and the kids lose. I hope this isnt what is happening at midway.

Well westTnSportsWriter, you are correct the play he left the game on was a legal tackle (a direct hit to the knee by a helmet), but I'm talking about two illegal chop blocks down field on him from a guard earlier in the game.  Surely you saw those plays too. How do you rationalize that?

825401235[/snapback]

Its football not golf. Once again the nuetral zone is 3 yard from the ball and 2 past the tackle box. If down field is 20 yards then you might have a point. But it is football if your worried about someone getting hit go and watch soccer or something. I hate the kid got hurt but it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
What does baseball and basketball have to do with the football program.  In every school ive ever been at i have never heard the football coach tell a person that they couldnt play another sport.  (basketball players did have to come out after the playoffs)

But usually the basket ball and baseball coaches dont let their players play football because of fall baseball and summer basketball.  Unfortunately when a kid is forced to chose between 2 sports both the coaches and the kids lose.  I hope this isnt what is happening at midway.

825402102[/snapback]

As a mother of one of the players I can surely tell you this is not the case. There are many boys on the football team that play baseball and basketball. Shillings is the baseball coach and defensive football coach and helps with basketball now.

Ruffner is coach to basketball and baseball.

These coaches work together with Coach Moser to impliment good training programs for carry over to other sports. My son plays all 3 and all of this is taken into consideration when training.

Edited by WavesMOM