Region 5-2A Standings

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, your right Harpeth would have a very hard time going to Huntingdon in the first round and I believe the Mustangs gave DL a very hard time in the Blue Cross Bowl last year. Harpeth players are playing with a very big heart right now, so why don't you quit bashing a program you have no idea about. The odds are very much against the Indians, but I know CBarkley will be pulling for them.

Guest catfish-hunter
Gerry, your right Harpeth would have a very hard time going to Huntingdon in the first round and I believe the Mustangs gave DL a very hard time in the Blue Cross Bowl last year. Harpeth players are playing with a very big heart right now, so why don't you quit bashing a program you have no idea about. The odds are very much against the Indians, but I know CBarkley will be pulling for them.

825392312[/snapback]

This is a rebuilding year in Kingston Springs but next year I say look out because Harpeth is going to be good. Harpeth loses a total of ONE starter from this year's team to graduation, he is Thomas Reyes who plays defensive-end. Outside of that everyone is back. The greatest part of all is the fact that these players are mostly freshmen and sophomores, so their bodies have not fully developed as of yet. Coach Winkler will get these young pups in the weight room over the winter and when they hit the field next August for their season opener, which will likely be at home against Cheatham because the Cubs are once again a non-region foe for the Indians, don't say that I didn't tell you all to take notice. How many seniors does Fairview lose this season Gerry B?

Oh I know Harpeth is on the rise after this season, but this year they are not very good to say it nicely. I hate to see a program that has such rich tradition as Harpeth do bad but every team has to rebuild. Coach Winkler will have them boys ready to go next year. Fairview and Harpeth will be in for a tough fight in the region if they get stuck with all the privates, which I hope doesn't happen. I am not sure how many seniors Fairview has this year, I would between 10-15. I am not downing Harpeth but I just don't see them winning the last two games.

Gerry, your wrong about Harpeth's playoff chances.

If Harpeth beats Waverly & Lewis Co.--they will 2-4 in Region 5-AA

If Richland beats Lewis Co. and Loretto--Richland is in at 3rd place and Lewis will have a 2-4 record and Loretto will have only 1 region win.

Waverly will have only 1 region win with its loss to Harpeth.

So, you have Cheatham-Fairview-Richland in, with Lewis Co. and Harpeth tied with a 2-4 record and Harpeth will go with its last game win over Lewis Co.

Waverly and Loretto will have only one region win.

The 2-8 Indians would be in!!!

825391783[/snapback]

It doesn't matter because Harpeth will have trouble winning with the Head Coach they have, he can't communicate with players and will continue to lose them. The school administration lacks the guts to put coaches in their place when it comes to the way they talk and the way they treat players. I will have to say that since all of this has come to light, the coaches halos are shinning brighter than ever, but if you don't keep them polished they will turn again, it's only a matter of time.

This is a rebuilding year in Kingston Springs but next year I say look out because Harpeth is going to be good.  Harpeth loses a total of ONE starter from this year's team to graduation, he is Thomas Reyes who plays defensive-end.  Outside of that everyone is back.  The greatest part of all is the fact that these players are mostly freshmen and sophomores, so their bodies have not fully developed as of yet.  Coach Winkler will get these young pups in the weight room over the winter and when they hit the field next August for their season opener, which will likely be at home against Cheatham because the Cubs are once again a non-region foe for the Indians, don't say that I didn't tell you all to take notice.  How many seniors does Fairview lose this season Gerry B?

825392941[/snapback]

Your right he will have them in the weight room and then the other coaches will be telling the boys they need to go to GNC and get all of this Protien mix and do all of this stuff that puts them on the road to using things like steroids and God only knows what else. Then when the season is about to start they will bring in a doctor from Vanderbilt who will tell the kids and parents that they shouldn't be taking supplements because the medical field doesn't fully understand the effects of these things long term, but who cares he needs them to perform for only 4 years, after that who cares. I wish the Harpeth players only the best but I don't think the coaches have the boy's best intrest at heart, you know it's an ego thing.

Actually Camden plays at Chester Co. this year. And I believe Riverside beats Adamsville in a close one. Adamsville does not have a very good defense, and I think that will cause them to lose this one. But sometimes Riverside has trouble putting up points, so....I think it will be close, slight edge to Riverside. I will say Riverside 21-19.

Guest catfish-hunter
Your right he will have them in the weight room and then the other coaches will be telling the boys they need to go to GNC and get all of this Protien mix and do all of this stuff that puts them on the road to using things like steroids and God only knows what else. Then when the season is about to start they will bring in a doctor from Vanderbilt who will tell the kids and parents that they shouldn't be taking supplements because the medical field doesn't fully understand the effects of these things long term, but who cares he needs them to perform for only 4 years, after that who cares. I wish the Harpeth players only the best but I don't think the coaches have the boy's best intrest at heart, you know it's an ego thing.

825393208[/snapback]

Protein shakes and power-bars are both very helpful to football players who have trouble holding weight. Believe it or not vrod, there are some folks out there who have more trouble gaining weight than losing it. Most high school coaches would like for their linemen to weigh between 250-270lbs. I say this because it is very rare to see a 300+lbs. lineman on the high school level who can move and get after folks for the entire course of a football game. During fall two-a-days it is not rare to see kids lose 10-20lbs. of weight due to the 90+ degree temperatures. Protein shakes and power bars are often used as neutralizers to the heat, but you can only take them once you have completed practice because they can cause serious cramping problems if taken prior to practice. If you are a father or mother of a child who has weight-related issues, then let me tell you that your son must not drink a huge amount of liquids immediately after practice because it can take away from one's appetite for food, which is essential. In college athletics, many coaches force their players to eat before they drink a bunch of liquids following practices so that players weights don't decrease dramatically. I used to believe that protein shakes and power bars were pointless but now I strongly recommend them because coaches can only control what a player does or does not do for so long. Carbonated drinks are bad. I would strongly recommend iced tea, gatorade, powerade, all-sport, or water. I would also strongly recommend pastas, poultry, and bread to eat. Fast food joints such as McDonald's and Burger King are bad places for athletes to eat.

Guest catfish-hunter
Hey, vrod I remember you bashing Harpeth before. This is a positive board, so go take your steroids and get lost. I respect the Harpeth program and the players who stayed with their coach. 2 wins and they could be in the playoffs!!!

825393659[/snapback]

I for one know that the Harpeth Indians are going to go out and get after the Waverly Tigers for 48 minutes tomorrow night in Kingston Springs. It would be nice for Harpeth to get a win under their belts. It would be amazing if Richland could pull off the upset against Lewis County tomorrow night. If that did happen, then next week we'd be talking about the Lewis County-Harpeth game as a playoff showdown. My advice to the Indians would be to take care of your own business tomorrow night and hope for the rest to fall into place for you. Gerry Bertier, will you be headed to the Fairview-Loretto game tomorrow night? If not, then I know that there is no way you are going to miss the Cheatham game next week.