Region 8A

ladyk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dir23tyred..I had heard the same thing about Askew..I heard he was recruiting at Rossville and that last years Harding Ac turned him in....That coach is now at Dyer Co and he was quoted as saying in a newspaper that everyone knew Askew was recruiting...I could see maybe 2 or 3 transfers from another school but not 10 or 11..But Lake Co.plays them Thursday night so I guess we will see what kind of team we really have ..I'm expecting a great game..We look a little quicker,and a couple players look like they have a little more range on their shot this year..

825436118[/snapback]

Tonights Lake Co. game is with Brighton. The Elliston game for Friday has been cancelled because a contract was not returned by Elliston. Guess Vince was too busy on the recruiting trail

Dir23tyred..I had heard the same thing about Askew..I heard he was recruiting at Rossville and that last years Harding Ac turned him in....That coach is now at Dyer Co and he was quoted as saying in a newspaper that everyone knew Askew was recruiting...I could see maybe 2 or 3 transfers from another school but not 10 or 11..But Lake Co.plays them Thursday night so I guess we will see what kind of team we really have ..I'm expecting a great game..We look a little quicker,and a couple players look like they have a little more range on their shot this year..

825436118[/snapback]

Harding lost two players to Rossville over Christmas break, right after they played Rossville in a tournament...and I was told that Askew had been calling them almost daily leading up to the tournament?

I report, you decide.

District 12-A has always been one of the hardest districts to play in. Especailly in boys basketball.

825390613[/snapback]

Region 8 is one heck of a tough region, and you can put Region 3 right up there with them. Three of the last four state champs, a team has played in the last four state titles, has had the last four Mr. Basketball's, and put two teams in the state tourney last year. Look for District 6 to fall off this year due to a lack of Jon Cook. Coach Salter had the most talent in the state last year, and couldn't get them into the 'Boro. Now that all the talent is gone we'll see what kind of a coach he is. Also look for Temple and Grace to pick up the slack for CCS, and watch for the rising Stars of 21 Century to make some noise.