Camden moves to middle TN

tamirrt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this years playoff will tell if Camden will dominate next year if they move. Camden will plobably get 2nd in this region and have to face Lewis Co in round one.

tamirrt, I heard that Josh Boyd will be 19 before he starts school next year. Is this true? He is a great back. I hope he can play his senior year.

825390727[/snapback]

Josh Boyd is only 17 years old and turns 18 in February. This will stop any rumors that SHOULDN'T have been started!!!!

He will turn 19 during the school year next year...his eligebility for football is still being discussed because of the way his birthday falls....for Camden's sake I hope it goes in his favor although his younger brother is also an excellent back and Camden has some talented backs coming up.

825390752[/snapback]

If I can remember correctly, if he turns 19 before August 1st, he will be ineligible.

That is correct. I just checked the TSSAA website.

Edited by volsandtitans1

Josh Boyd is only 17 years old and turns 18 in February.  This will stop any rumors that SHOULDN'T have been started!!!!

825390903[/snapback]

I hope that is true...I had heard he turned 18 in 2005....I dunno why Kee told some folks that he would be ineligible??...but I'm glad that he'll be able to play his senior year!...thanks for clearing it up for us.

WOW!

I sure hope that Camden doesn't get pushed over into a Middle Tennessee region! That would REALLY be the pits. If it IS about the money, we would sure make a lot more playing Riverside & Huntingdon as region games rather than Richland, Houston or Stewart...

If McK is moving to A & USJ is moving up to AA, what is the problem with leaving it as is with only those two changes?

If the worst DID happen & we ended up across the river, would you think Camden would keep the Bruceton & Huntingdon rivalries going, or take this opportunity to start with a whole new slate?

I sure do hate to see this happen for "no good reason", IMHO...

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com

Well I don't think Ward will leave just because of playin in another region , it would be alot easier to win the region each year across the river.  Even if Ward does leave the talent is there for whoever coaches and they wouldn't miss a beat.

825390898[/snapback]

I don't really understand why everyone says its good to be in an easier Region?...it seems to me that winning your region and then getting your butt spanked in the playoffs wouldn't prove anything except that we play in an easy region....it just seems to make more sense to want to play in a tough region and be successful...then Camden would get the respect that they can't get this year because of strength of schedule concerns....maybe I'm wrong...but I agree with Coach Ward...I think we need to up the ante and start playing ball with the big boys!

WOW!

I sure hope that Camden doesn't get pushed over into a Middle Tennessee region!  That would REALLY be the pits.  If it IS about the money, we would sure make a lot more playing Riverside & Huntingdon as region games rather than Richland, Houston or Stewart...

If McK is moving to A & USJ is moving up to AA, what is the problem with leaving it as is with only those two changes?

If the worst DID happen & we ended up across the river, would you think Camden would keep the Bruceton & Huntingdon rivalries going, or take this opportunity to start with a whole new slate?

I sure do hate to see this happen for "no good reason", IMHO...

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com

825391035[/snapback]

Ken, there are more changes than just those 2....Haywood is coming down and Humboldt?? is going up I think....and some in middle are changing too so to "aline" things properly someone is going to have to cross the river either Camden and Riverside going across or Waverly coming to the west...but from what everyone says it looks like its not going to go in our favor....but lets keep our fingers and toes crossed anyway!...I personally think Camden will continue to play Huntingdon but I hear Bruceton wants to drop us!...we'll have to do something to boost gates or we'll be hurting in a year or two.

If they move it will take several years to determine if they will dominate. One good team doen't make a school a traditional powerhouse! If Camden continues to improve they will do well but I don't think they will dominate by a long shot. Several of the 5-AA schools are down this year but could be back soon.