Camden moves to middle TN

tamirrt

Everyone is guessing that Camden moves out of the west next year into a region that looks something like this:

Camden

Riverside

Waverly

Lewis Co

Richland

Loretto

Houston Co.

If this IS the way it goes....does Camden dominate?...will it be closer than people are predicting?...Does Camden lose an edge by not playing the more physical West TN teams?...just want your opinions...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they won't send us to middle tn with all those long drives to away games. But if they do I think you will see Huntingdon as a non region game and maybe even Milan or Westview since Coach Ward has ties there. I would like to see one or the other of them scheduled even if the region stays basically the same. I also think that Henry Co. would be a good non region game for a couple of years to draw a good crowd. And Lewis Co. won't be a pushover. They will probally be a good rivalry there if it happens. So no I don't think they will lose their edge. I just think that the crowds won't be as good on most fridays.

I think this years playoff will tell if Camden will dominate next year if they move. Camden will plobably get 2nd in this region and have to face Lewis Co in round one.

tamirrt, I heard that Josh Boyd will be 19 before he starts school next year. Is this true? He is a great back. I hope he can play his senior year.

825390727[/snapback]

He will turn 19 during the school year next year...his eligebility for football is still being discussed because of the way his birthday falls....for Camden's sake I hope it goes in his favor although his younger brother is also an excellent back and Camden has some talented backs coming up.

Hopefully they won't send us to middle tn with all those long drives to away games. But if they do I think you will see Huntingdon as a non region game and maybe even Milan or Westview since Coach Ward has ties there. I would like to see one or the other of them scheduled even if the region stays basically the same. I also think that Henry Co. would be a good non region game for a couple of years to draw a good crowd. And Lewis Co. won't be a pushover. They will probally be a good rivalry there if it happens. So no I don't think they will lose their edge. I just think that the crowds won't be as good on most fridays.

825390731[/snapback]

I agree with you...Lewis Co will be our toughest competition if this ends up being our region...they've had a good competitive program for a number of years...I also would like to see Camden play Westview, Huntingdon and or Milan as non-region games to beef up the schedule.

Everyone is guessing that Camden moves out of the west next year into a region that looks something like this:

Camden

Riverside

Waverly

Lewis Co

Richland

Loretto

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=590&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Houston Co.</a>

If this IS the way it goes....does Camden dominate?...will it be closer than people are predicting?...Does Camden lose an edge by not playing the more physical West TN teams?...just want your opinions...

825390692[/snapback]

The region will look more like this:

Stewart County

Waverly

Camden

Richland

Lewis County

Houston County

Loretto

He can't turn 19 before September 1st to be eligible.  You have 8 semesters of eligibility in high school provided you do not exceed this.  If his birthday is in August or before he is out of luck for next year.

825390783[/snapback]

Well administration says he will be ineligible and I'm not sure when his birthday is exactly....but maybe they are unaware of the rule???...all I know is that none of the football team is aware if he is ineligible...everyone I've spoke with say that they expect him to play next year....I for one certainly hope that it is true.

Edited by tamirrt

I heard from a parent of a kid on Camdens team that he would be 19 before the deadline. He told me that Josh would not be able to play next year. I was suprised when I heard this. I don't know if this is true, but it came from someone who should know.

825390802[/snapback]

well I talked with the Camden QB who is Boyd's best friend and he said he was unaware of his ineligibility....so who knows?...But like I said...Ward has a decent set of backs for the next few years so even if Josh doesn't play it shouldn't impact the team too much.

Camden will do well whatever region they are in due to the coaches. Many teams have lost to Camden just because the have been out schemed. As far as rivalry Camden would most likely benefit from being in a region with the likes of Milan, Westview and USJ because of Ward's connections and travel. If they go across the river then travel becomes an issue and that will drop the gate money for Camden. Although Lewis Co. has a coach that used to play for Camden so that could spark some new rivalries(as if last year's playoff game didn't do that). Camden should stay in the west but Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA will do whatever will fatten the bottom line.

Camden will do well whatever region they are in due to the coaches. Many teams have lost to Camden just because the have been out schemed. As far as rivalry Camden would most likely benefit from being in a region with the likes of Milan, Westview and USJ because of Ward's connections and travel. If they go across the river then travel becomes an issue and that will drop the gate money for Camden. Although Lewis Co. has a coach that used to play for Camden so that could spark some new rivalries(as if last year's playoff game didn't do that). Camden should stay in the west but Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA will do whatever will fatten the bottom line.

825390850[/snapback]

I completely agree with you...but since Camden doesn't have the influence (MONEY!) that the private schools have to influence the TSSAA it looks like we'll go into whatever hole is left....It is not fair that now that Camden has built up its program to this level and then everything changes again...I'm afraid that Ward will jump ship if we move over and he loses the ties he has in the west...the first good offer (which he will likely get many) and he'll be gone and who would blame him?...its just not right.