Camden moves to middle TN

tamirrt

I don't think those years were all about the coaching. The past 5 years this year's senior, junior, sophomore, freshman, and 8th grade class have been very successful in junior high, only losing 3 or 4 games in 5 years, and now we are 6-1. That shows how good of athletes we have. About 8 years ago or whenever, heck I don't even remember I was too young, we didn't have as good of athletes so we didn't have that good of years. Our football program is on the rise for a few years but I think we will end up being like we used to be in about 3 years but I don't know. What matters right now is this year and no other year. This team is one of the best to ever play in Camden. We are hosting a playoff game for the first time EVER!!! We don't need to think about what was, or what could be...all we should care about is what is. We have the potential to beat many 2A teams in the state right now and we're still talking about 7 years ago...and the sad thing is we're arguing about it. This year's team is probably the best ever and we don't need to be talking about some of the worst teams ever. We have some great coaches and some great players. I just hope we can keep these coaches. As for moving into Middle Tennessee, I don't think we should but if that's what happens then so what we can play with them. We won't be dominant by no means but we will be competitive like we are now. But we just need to worry about this year first.

Edited by camdencentral04

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden may do well next season, but it question marks after that. Depends on how the other teams develop. Camden will have to learn to play smashmouth football week in and week out. Over here we don't juke or drive we run over you. Gotta love a little contact. It will be interesting seeing how a team with speed does over here.

825391191[/snapback]

Obviously, you haven't seen a Camden game!

LOL @ David Fisher fan club!!! too funny....I have to side with you on this one...we had too many talented players to not have won more in those years...it was coaching without a doubt...just think what could have been with a coach of Ward's caliber.

825391271[/snapback]

I PLAYED on those 1999 and 2000 teams. Comeon. We had TJ, we had Hayes. We had Neal, Duncan, me and Hollowell. Kennon. So what if Moss was a puss, he shoulda stayed in Henry Co. anyways. We had both of the Leonards. We had TEAMS in 1999 and 2000. If he had Ward, or any DECENT coach, we woulda rolled those 2 seasons. I mean, in 2000 we actually had a legit shot at 2nd in the region. We played a much better McKenzie team close the whole game. Hayes broke his leg in the 3rd quarter and that was our season. We went 6-4 with absolutely ZERO coaching. Only bright spot we had was MCDowell. And he's still there, rocking and rolling. Man, what could have been......

Yeah if Camden comes across the river they will be playing the likes of CPA, DCA, Ezell Harding, Goodpasture, and FRA in the playoffs every year. That looks real promising, but hey at least you guys will make it to the playoffs, my Jackets will have to play in that region. I hope ELA and folks are wrong on the region. They should take my regions make more sense.

I PLAYED on those 1999 and 2000 teams. Comeon. We had TJ, we had Hayes. We had Neal, Duncan, me and Hollowell. Kennon. So what if Moss was a puss, he shoulda stayed in Henry Co. anyways. We had both of the Leonards. We had TEAMS in 1999 and 2000. If he had Ward, or any DECENT coach, we woulda rolled those 2 seasons. I mean, in 2000 we actually had a legit shot at 2nd in the region. We played a much better McKenzie team close the whole game. Hayes broke his leg in the 3rd quarter and that was our season. We went 6-4 with absolutely ZERO coaching. Only bright spot we had was MCDowell. And he's still there, rocking and rolling. Man, what could have been......

825391836[/snapback]

Thank you, Mr. Combs. Finally, someone realizes what actually happened to Camden in that span of time. We had loads of talent, but no coaching.

Well RCombs you and lionschs must come from the same egg dude and I can't believe you Robbie talking down about your former teammates like that. If I remember correctly all you did was stay hurt all the time and cheer from the sidelines. You would have made a great cheerleader!! McDowell HAHAHAHA!!! I believe you have it backwards great ATHLETES make great coaches!

Yeah if Camden comes across the river they will be playing the likes of CPA, DCA, Ezell Harding, Goodpasture, and FRA in the playoffs every year. That looks real promising, but hey at least you guys will make it to the playoffs, my Jackets will have to play in that region. I hope ELA and folks are wrong on the region. They should take my regions make more sense.

825391934[/snapback]

I happen to agree about your choice of regions but oh well who are we??..LOL...as far as playing with the likes of those teams mentioned above it is a genuine concern for every Lion fan BUT,....I know that we can at least compete with those teams where in years past that would not necessarily be true.

And I forgot Robbie you said Hayes broke his leg and that was the season well that shows you what kind of attitude you had back then I and if your teammates had the same one how can you blame the coaches ,BLAME YOURSELF PUNK!!!

825392463[/snapback]

Everytime we have a thread about Camden YOU (for what reason I have no idea) try to start a fight when we are all just trying to discuss the season, the great players we have, the excellent coaching, and what we think the future may hold for our beloved Lions. Why you feel the need to confront people all the time and start the garbage you do I for one can not figure it out..(and if you look back YOU are the one who starts the trash talk)...give it a rest. If you have nothing to say except for the crap you've put on here so far save it...the true fans have alot to talk about... like how we are so proud of our MIGHTY CAMDEN LIONS!...GO LIONS! thumb

I agree totally Tamirrt but when people put things on here that are wrong or I do not agree with I will state my opinion just like you state your opinion.

825392533[/snapback]

There's a difference in stating an opinion and an all out name calling attack...you can state your opinion or opposition to anything put on here...I do...so does everyone else...but when it becomes a schoolyard bully attacking others because their opinion just happens to differ that's when I and everyone else have a problem with it....we want to support and be excited about this years team...and yes have discussions about the past and the future of the team...but that in no way means doing what you have done on the last three boards I have posted. Please lets just be civilized and discuss this like the grown ups we are SUPPOSED to be. and remember this is about the team!...GO LIONS!