Temporary Policy for Rest of Season

TheGreatLineJudge

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

As ComPassion noted in another thread, "It's not right to give scouting reports here." Especially at this point in the season, I agree wholeheartedly.

If a quick poll reveals a majority of the readers here agree, I will automatically delete any and all scouting reports that pop up, in fairness to the team being reported on. Now that we're at the sectional level, teams should either know their competition or have to adjust as they go.

I'll check the results at the end of the night, and whatever the results mandate will be followed.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Does this mean you will delete my match reports?

825390879[/snapback]

No way!! Just pure PRE-MATCH scouting reports, as in:

Team A serves really well through their first 3 servers. Their fourth server is weak and often hits the ball out of bounds. Their front row attackers play very well, but not from the back row. Attack hard and often when #10 is back row.

Kinda like a BBS poster asking for a scouting report on Page and then The Mav gives everything he's got. Stuff like that. I would never ever dream of deleting your match reports, PageMan. I know that many people, myself included, enjoy them.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Being a coach, It doesn't really bother me that teams know what we are going to try to do. Trying to set up a game plan is one thing, actually doing it with high school girls is another. And by the time these teams reach then state tournament, they have pretty much seen and/or scouted each other several times anyways.

Thanks, Judge. I was a little bit worried since it takes considerable time to enter them and rather the data during the matches. I try not to be too specific, but I like to give credit to individual players for their efforts. While I do keep errors as well, I do not post that info as it is my policy not to post negative things about individual players.

Thanks, Judge.  I was a little bit worried since it takes considerable time to enter them and rather the data during the matches.  I try not to be too specific, but I like to give credit to individual players for their efforts.  While I do keep errors as well, I do not post that info as it is my policy not to post negative things about individual players.

825390894[/snapback]

Match reports and pre-match scouting are entirely different to me. That would be like saying that folks can't post links to newspaper articles on here.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their opinion so far. The trend is leaning toward things staying as they are, and again, I will do things according to how the people speak! The thread will be locked at midnight and no further votes will be cast.

Amazingly, the tide turned on the voting. By a vote of 10-7, all detailed pre-match scouting reports will be deleted. Post-match write-ups are most appreciated, as always!

Here is what will NOT be deleted:

-General comments. "Page has a great defensive strategy." "Lipscomb serves really well." "Collierville has this HUGE girl at the net." Stuff like that. Don't 'form letter' your comments. Give us some variety, but keep them rather general in nature.

-Past matches. "When Franklin played Mt. Juliet earlier in the season, the score was 25-23, 25-23, 25-23." Not really the score, and I don't remember if they even actually played or not, but it's an example.

If you'd find it in a basic newspaper write-up, it's probably good to go.

Don't be afraid to post. If you're really THAT worried about getting something deleted, email me first. I think most everyone here has a good idea of what to be looking for now, so enjoy!