BEST RETURNING WRESTLERS

TS4500

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all mentioned very good wrestlers, but lets look at what teams will be pound for pound the strongest.

Franklin

2 Ortiz Brothers

2 Felix Brothers

2 Davis Brothers

2 Konz Brothers

1 Heacock

With these 9 kids in the lineup you have to give the advantage to Franklin in most dual matches. If the younger brothers can produce as the older brothers do Franklin should be one heck of a team, except for the Felix pair who are both exceptional wrestlers. Now the pressure falls upon Big G and Jeremy to get these guys in the lineup in the right spot where they have the best chance to win. Although the new weight management program will limit alot of the bumping and moving that good solid teams have done in the past. Let's wait and see how it turns out. There is a good early dual match coming up this season @ Warren Co.

Nov 30 @ Warren Co.

Franklin

Soddy Daisy

Tullahoma

Warren Co.

I would put this one on your calender for one to watch. The match up between Tullahoma and Warren Co. will be a good one, and ofcourse the match between Franklin and Soddy will maybe be a prelude to a possible state dual match.

Whitt Dunning by far is the best wrestler this year.

825391292[/snapback]

In my opinion the there are three wrestlers that are head and shoulders above the rest of the state. Whitt Dunning, Nick Marable and Cody Cleveland. As far as which one of these are tops, that's a coin toss. I would have to say that Marable or Cleveland would edge Dunning out due to their Spring and Summer national competion. National, Cleveland and Marable would probably do slightly better and will be more attractive college prospects.

Good luck this year to these three fine young men and all of the other wrestlers state wide.

We have all mentioned very good wrestlers, but lets look at what teams will be pound for pound the strongest.

Franklin

2 Ortiz Brothers

2 Felix Brothers

2 Davis Brothers

2 Konz Brothers

1 Heacock

With these 9 kids in the lineup you have to give the advantage to Franklin in most dual matches.

:huh: This is why Wrestling is great Family Sport. The Great Father Ryan Teams always had brothers and Cousins reloading the team. Looks like Franklin is doing the same. We will have the Reviez Brothers and 2 freshmen who's briothers were Seniors last year. But my hat off to Franklin. :huh: The Family tradition of this sport lives on well with the Rebels. thumb

A few names immediately pop in my head

Kellen Holliman, Justin Knox, Nick Marable, Nic Bundy, Kenny Meredith, Ben Hazelett, Josh Bauke, Cody Cleveland, Bond Davis, and Max Gessler.

825391222[/snapback]

Gessler is over rated, Luke Borneman owned him last year. His only hope is if Luke goes to another weight class. Nic Bundy is a class act.

I also want to throw in Josh Baucke from CBHS he will be one of the best light weights in the state again this year.

Borneman also deserves consideration.

One of the best 103's last year Darius Williams will be ineligible this year due to a school change as well, otherwise I would throw his name into the ring.

Gessler is over rated, Luke Borneman owned him last year.  His only hope is if Luke goes to another weight class.  Nic Bundy is a class act.

825392099[/snapback]

I wouldn't go so far as saying Gessler is overrated. He may not be up to the level of the wrestlers mentioned with him, but he is still a 3x State Medalist. Yes Borneman beat Max both times they met last year by pin. Max was ahead in both matches when making a mistake and getting put to his back. No credit taken from Borneman he is a good wrestler no doubt, but I wouldn't run down Gessler just let. What weight is Borneman going this year? I have heard that Max will 160. OH and rigger I know Turner placed 2nd and had a great state tournament, but check out his losses and see if one was to Gessler @ Father Ryan by pin in the 1st period?