Oneida

the one

Just because something was said about havin 20 wins doesn't mean that it is our only goal for the season...Everyday we are told to look up on the wall and tell what is missing. And we always say "a state championship banner". i don't think there is one team with just one goal...they usually have alot that they want to accomplish. And i'm sure that Ro wasn't meaning that winning more games every season is our main focus.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pugs, I disagree with the comment of us thinking too highly of ourselves. I said we're looking for 20 wins but our goal is to go to the 'Boro and win there as well. the 6-20 team was lacking in leadership, I said we were lacking in talent before but it was really lacking in leadership. We didn't have the right kind of leadership last year and I think that was a problem. Some of the guys would rather yell at each other than attempting to calm the player down and tell them to get their head in the game. I thinkwe will have the leadership this year though. The desire to win must improve as well. Some games we came out and thought we were beat as soon as we stepped out on the court (ex. Catholic at home). If we concentrate the entire game, I think we can beat anyone we play. I would love to play Hancock Co. again. One thing I remember is them chanting, "Who's your daddy? Hancock County!" That is one game that will be forever stuck in my memory. Hopefully this year it will be a better ending than that year.

pugs, I disagree with the comment of us thinking too highly of ourselves. I said we're looking for 20 wins but our goal is to go to the 'Boro and win there as well. the 6-20 team was lacking in leadership, I said we were lacking in talent before but it was really lacking in leadership. We didn't have the right kind of leadership last year and I think that was a problem. Some of the guys would rather yell at each other than attempting to calm the player down and tell them to get their head in the game. I thinkwe will have the leadership this year though. The desire to win must improve as well. Some games we came out and thought we were beat as soon as we stepped out on the court (ex. Catholic at home). If we concentrate the entire game, I think we can beat anyone we play. I would love to play Hancock Co. again. One thing I remember is them chanting, "Who's your daddy? Hancock County!" That is one game that will be forever stuck in my memory. Hopefully this year it will be a better ending than that year.

825422034[/snapback]

wow, both of those two last comments from squeak and ro were well thought out and seemingly mature and intelligent comments. Hancock county has been the toast of upper east tennessee "A" ball for some time. Oneida has handled them on some occasions and played them hard and close from what I can recall on the others leading to a good rivalry in post season. You have to look at the location of the Hancock County area geographically which attributes to the type of conduct like that. In order to understand Hancock County, one could look at the hancock area history and the story of meleungeons--yes this area is a unique part of Tennessee but those folks take pride in their hoops. I look forward to attending your thanksgiving games. This should give me a good indication as to whether this 04-05 team will measure up to the Oneida warriors of the past. What I saw last year was not that; but remember, past is the past, each team, each player is unique, hard play, class and sportsmanship are attributes that measure good teams--not number of wins. Coach Windle has brought enthusiasm to the coaching community and I am sure it has filtered down to his team. Ro with some reactionary immature comments at first, mature and thought out comments now= I dont know which player you are for Oneida, but I bet the roster will reveal a "ro" and then I will look you in the eye from my mid court seat with respect.thumb Now what is a "squeak" and who are you, who who, who who. ha

Pugs, you are right. Hancock always has a respectable team and are always a great comp for us. But this season should be different then the past few and maybe it will be us putting them out of a spot at state. And as for who i am...i am one of the many oneida seniors. And the name....It's a nickname gave to me because i look very similar to Squeaks from the movie Baseketball..But the nickname was given to me awhile back so....

Edited by Squeaks125

Tater hole, the last two posts you made are uncalled for. You need to delete Ro's personal info. That is not what this site is for. It is for good debates lead by people who have a reasonable opinion on the topic...not for rude comments like the one to pugs or giving out personal information on the internet.

I'm not trying to slam you, or anything, but please post responsibily.

Now, to pugs, Ro, and sqeaks...a post season match-up between Oneida and Hancock Co. will no doubt be an exciting venue, however, both teams need to focus on the preseason, and regular season now. Both teams still have to play the games to make it to that level...

Good luck to both teams...

remember, luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

I think it's funny how only oneida people are on here and we do nothing but fight each other. It's all good though. Oneida has speed, speed, speed this year. People are going to be crawling off the floor after playing us. It will be fun to watch and i hope people in Oneida realize this and come out to the games. Last year was a complete turn around in the crowd and this year we will give you something to cheer about. And the comment about the oneida players being on the computers and no ballin, well us being on the computer talking about this just proves that the players are thinking about ball when they can't be playen like when they are in school, i know our opinions might be biased but that statement was imature.

Last year somebody from Oneida got on here and said how great Oneida was gonna be, then Oneida made the trip down to wartburg and got beat by like 20. And people are gonna be crawling off the floor after playing you? Look Oneida is not the only school who does speed training. Wartburg scrimmaged Cosby last night and the game ended in a 41-41 tie. Then the dawgs turned aroung and beat Lenior City by ten. Wartburg is legitimetly nine deep.

Last year somebody from Oneida got on here and said how great Oneida was gonna be, then Oneida made the trip down to wartburg and got beat by like 20. And people are gonna be crawling off the floor after playing you? Look Oneida is not the only school who does speed training. Wartburg scrimmaged Cosby last night and the game ended in a  41-41 tie. Then the dawgs turned aroung and beat Lenior City by ten. Wartburg is legitimetly nine deep.

825426185[/snapback]

Name nine deep! I know of a few guards they have that are a big threat, but I can't think of any big mean? Not knocking Wartburg or anything...but Oneida just has more athletic players that they can go to if in need. And these preseason games don't mean anything. How a team performs right now has nothing to do with what they will be in the regular season. Teams are just now hittin the gyms hard and all teams are far from gettin to their peak. So until i see that Wartburg has a better and deeper bench i wouldn't doubt seeing them focusing on tryin to run with us.

Jeremy shannon, Alex Melhorn, Brent hamby, Jerriel Inman, Adam Vespie, Jason melton, Travis nelson, DJ shannon, Ray Jenkins, Josh hamby. There ten, and every single one can play. If you think anybody can beat wartburg by running, then you've never seen them play and truly dont know what your talking about. And another thing the vespie era aint over yet.