Oneida

the one

;) Kazam has arrived on sight! Since this was the Oneida Post I felt compelled to have my two cents worth offered. I have vested interest in all the athletic programs at Oneida. Basketball (boys and girls) has always held my fondest devotion. I like the intensity of a great head to head battle between two adversaries with a minimal thought of protective gear to get in the way of the athlete's natural range of movement. (For Idiots: Helmets, Shoulder Pads, Rib Protecter, Shin Guard, Baseball Glove, etc.) The guys will fill out nicely when the full squad is finally together. Given time to find the mix they are looking for, this years club should represent the school well through the regular season and on into the playoffs. The names this year aren't as important as the abilities each player can bring to make this bunch a tough cookie to crack. One thing is certain, you will not have the luxury of having an off night against this club or you will be having a long night. The Indians are deep enough to find five "hot" players every night out. Look for this bunch to have a say in the playoffs, and they should be competative with everyone on their schedule. Kaz believes! :D Boston Red Sox - 1918.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pugs i'm not mad at ya i just don't see where you are going with some of your negative statements. When i said people are going to be crawling off the floor i ment we are not going to give them a minute to rest. We push the ball when we have it and up in thier face the whole game when they have the ball. We will be crawling off the floor to but with w's.

The whole Wartburg beat Oneida twice last year thing, yeah you beat us in the regular season but i don't remember playing you in the district championship. We beat the team that went to state twice and the district champs in the regular season, but yeah you did beat us twice before the tourneys. It sounds like for wartburg this year is a new year and a better team, we will be ready for a battle.

Pugs don't have the guts to get on here and tell who he is because he don't want anyone to know he gets on here and criticizes high schools and players. Players who are willing to get in the gym and work instead of running the roads. You are not a fan or you would not be trying to demean ANYONE you would be giving advice and listening. Not being part of the problem. That is how so many kids today are steered away from sports. I know the coaches and teams you mentioned and they wouldn't want the things you say filtering through their programs.

825428869[/snapback]

gosh, I suggested you should be crunching tape. Someone said they were doing hoops by chatting on the puter but I suggested crunching tape. I am sure your coaches have a tape library of games. Coach K at Rockwood does nothing different. There is usually a new coach at Coalfield every year. Catholic tapes would be helpful. Dont you play Cosby this year Oneida, how about Coach Flatford, do you know who he is. He coached at Greenback a few years ago. I am not criticizing you Oneida only suggesting.

Now Mr. SHS, Ha Ha.

To suggest that I do not have the guts is really kinda funny, but then you are clueless (as you should be) as to who I am, but you would not know me anyway. If I use words that you do not understand, you can take this to your teachers to decipher if you really attend Scott County High School. Scott High is awful in sports but your football team is improving.(that is mean, but dont talk tough if you cant take it) I have never seen a game, just the papers and my Monday morning discussions. What is worst, your school is pathetic academically. Dont ask me my opinion why and my knowledge of your school because it might hurt your feelings. Fans dont give advice. Fans make comments as they see it. That is why they are fans and not coaches. Lastly, I have no clue who "Crabtree" is nor a "Roark" but the Knoxville paper had a "roark" for some football defensive award. I doubt it would be the same one on the puter in the Basketball chats but I bet their kin.

Ro, no criticism, one person suggestedthat playing on the puter showed their interest in hoops. Take it one more level, crunch tape. Once the season is over, you would like to think you did all you could during the season. I guess some schools think it is more fun to poke fun at little ole pugs than to watch tape attempting to pick up tendencies, end bounds plays, and offenses and defenses. well that is why TENNESSEE TEMPLE and KNOX FULTON play in the BORO in March and teams like Oneida and Coalfield hit baseball in March. Scott High School gets to get their bats out in February. (I saw their girls play last year and they should start an indoor soccer game after practice because soccer starts one night after their first district game).

Lastly, little sportsdude, I am not from Wartburg. I like to watch them play when I can in their gym. There is somthing mystical about their defense in that gym. Did Oneida beat them anytime last year? I dont know but again, that year is history. You want to watch a good team,get off at Cedar Bluff and watch the boys at Catholic. I guess you are an Oneida boy too. Good luck and I will be at your house at Thanksgiving to see Coach Flatford and Mr. Blakley (remember him from Rockwood) play you guys.

Edited by pugs

Good to see you back Kazaam...

Ro, I'm sure your basketball team appreciates it...Good job in Football this year.

The Wartburg/Oneida match-ups will no doubt be fun-filled and uptempo. I think I speak for most when i say that I wish we could start the games...enough of this talking about it...let's get it done on the hardwood...Words mean nothing unless they are backed up by effort on the court. Pride is good, but letting your mouth lead your pride isn't...the game is where you show your pride, with your winning efforts, and your undeniable determiniation to play at your best. I'm sure Pugs knows this from his affliation of the Oneida basketball teams of the past. Right, Pugs...............

The opening of the 2004-2005 season is just a few days away...

pugs, i looked back at all of your posts recorded on this site(yes i have plently of time on my hands). I think maybe one or two of your posts had something to do with a different team other than Oneida. The majority of your posts were about Oneida or associated with them. I just don't see how you know so much about Oneida and don't support the team. Anyways it's basketball season officially for me now and the rest of the football players.

Pugs, good point about not being able to run if u don't get the rebound or have it go through the net. I know i have already said this but i'm tryin to dis Wartburg. But i'm just not understanding y we aren't gettin any credit on this post if it is all "oneida fans and players" posting. I have yet to beat them in my high school career, and I know me and all the seniors are detemind not to let this year be like the past. And i know there is still a Vespie, but this is the first year that one has had to work solo. And as for Oneida's player being on here instead of playing ball or something....I just got home from practice. We had a ful evening of weightlifting and a 2 hour practice. I love to get on here to see what people often think of us because not only can it sometimes be humorous it can also be motovational.

825427054[/snapback]

Vespie might not have his older brother with him anymore but he's just as good maybe better than Johnathan. I played against Adam in middle school and last year in High school and hes a good player.

Nothing against Jonathon or Adam, but they ARE Bulldogs...... and this is the Oneida board. I'm interested in how the kids are meshing up North, they say Coach W. has good numbers this year. (Hope the quality is as good as the quantity) Have they gotten a opportunity to scrimmage any teams, even without their players from the football team? Any serious ballers on this team that will give other teams fits to defend. Last year they had so much depth, that Coach W got to look around a bit each night to find a good line-up. And Ro is back! We will get good commentary on the games win or lose! He might even "break out" like he did in football. I'm sure W. won't complain. :unsure: Kaz