Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about a state title but I do know that to get a shot they're first going have to deal with the Rebels or Bobcats. The Vikings are the overwhelming favorites to come out of regions 1 & 2 and it doesn't look like region 4 has anybody that can keep up with Central or Maryville. Add to that the fact that the home field for the semi-final game will go to the team coming out of the lower bracket (region 3 or 4). Definitely going to be a challenge for Tennessee to get to the championship game.

Morristown%20West.gif

They Have A Shot But Only Maryville Stands In Their Way!

825392381[/snapback]

You got that right Chris. TN High doesn't play anyone NEARLY as balanced or powerful as Maryville OR Central....OR Powell for that matter.

As a side note, I was quite distraught at your references to New York. You need to read the histroty books my boy. As wonderous as that series might seem, it is a deeeep daaark chasm that Boston just threw that tiny little win into. To have ANY effect, they'd have to replicate that series roughly 40 times. This isn't the crushing blow everyone wants it to be for New York....sorry haters.

Edited by dmoyers1

TN. High is not over-rated, but I don't think they have enough to clear Knoxville. Hope they do, but.... Good luck! and don't forget your regular season and local play-offs. That would be a mistake that I am sure Stubbs and staff won't let the players forget. Stubbs stock is not up, it was just never down. He has built a nice team for this year.

Coach Stubbs' stock is way up!

The vikings are as talented as any in 4A. They are not overrated. There may be some depth concerns and tests beyond those the regular season has presented. Sullivan East will play them tough and that helps.

The 1st state title in over 15 years? Storm through Knoxville and its on to the boro. The last state title for THS was 1972. (32 yrs)

825392521[/snapback]

Ths definitely has the depth because they have blown out so many teams this year. In doing so this has allowed them to get the younger guys some experience and a lot of playing time. So i dont believe debth will be a concern. I think they need to establish a little more of a passing game after they go 3 and out on 3 straight runs.

Ths definitely has the depth because they have blown out so many teams this year.  In doing so this has allowed them to get the younger guys some experience and a lot of playing time. So i dont believe debth will be a concern. I think they need to establish a little more of a passing game after they go 3 and out on 3 straight runs.

825392557[/snapback]

I agree with you cougar, there seems to be some sort of stubbornness in the Tenn. High coaching staff. When a team puts 8 and 9 guys up in the box to stop the run, it's as if they still want to see if they can run the ball... This scenario makes it 10x easier to throw the ball, and yet we still run the ball, resulting in 3 and out when we could be marching down the field for 6. We showed that we could do it against Daniel Boone by opening up in the shotgun, so what's stopping us now. We need to adjust to the defenses, play with what they give us and take advantage of it. I believe we would greatly benefit from someone with a little more guts in there making the play calls, instead of "run up the middle", over and over again.. then only throwing in the most obvious pass situations.

The question is, can Tennessee High bring back a state championship. I think they definitely have the athletes to do it, but the real question is do they have the coaching staff to do it? If the kids get outcoached, then there is nothing they can do. No matter how good the kids are, if a team is having to block 8 guys with 7, then the odds aren't good. Even defenses as poor as Central showed that they could stop the run if they put 8 guys up in the box. I dearly hope the coaches realize this and make the necessary changes, or it could be a recurring theme in the playoffs for the Vikings. It would be a sad end to a team with great potential if the coaches decisions decide the game. PASS THE BALL! Then they can run it all they want because the other team will have to respect that. Maybe somebody who reads this can clue in the offensive coordinator in on what everybody else in Bristol already knows...

So.... my conclusion:

Stay stubborn and closed minded = early exit in the playoffs

Open it up = We win it all!

Guest Rebelnation
They still have to play a middle TN team or someone like Melrose.  They have not played a good team yet.  They are going to lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.

825393000[/snapback]

You're talkin about Hillwood, right? THe Rebels ain't losin partner. thumb