Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

We have one of the top 3 TOUGHEST round # 1 matchups in 4A, and you guys have the ability to dismiss the team that was The State Runner-Up in 2003 ?

Man I have a lot of confidence in the Vikings, but we are NOT able to ask any one in the state, outside of our region, to take us seriously as a true contender , until we beat some one in regions 3,4 or West.

825409077[/snapback]

Mike I was with you for a few posts but take if from an informed one, THS will walk all over Morristown West. West got by Maryville for various reasons last year and is way down this year. Among the reasons was the ever present fact that if any team does not play up to their potential, they can get beat regardless of who they are. Simply put Maryville did not play very well. Maryville plays Rhea Co this week. A well coached team with play-off experience in Maryville. If Maryville does not play well they will get beat. Simple. If Maryville plays up to its usual potential thought the play-offs they will again represent East Tennessee in the Blue Cross bowl vs. another usual top 4A Power looking at the current poll. Had Maryville played better last year in that one miscue in 40 strait games, I think they would have won their fourth state championship in a row. This year I don't think Maryville is as good as Maryville has been top to bottom but I'll tell you this Tennessee High has NEVER seen a program like Maryville has and most certainly has not played a team as good as Maryville is. We won't really care about Tennessee High until their buses pull into our stadium. Then you too will be a believer. Good luck, Sir.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee High will win the state championship, and they will beat Maryville in their closest game of the year...  because they have more heart than Maryville players do, they just want it more.

825397396[/snapback]

You are so full of yourself. First you say that you guys need to take games one at a time and then you say they will win the state championship. Sounds like a Flip-Flopper. You actually think THS players have more heart than Maryville players??? You apparently have never seen Maryville play. Maryville has more heart than any time in the state. Their record and close games they have overcome can prove that. You also say Maryville Players can stand up to the athletes of THS!!! I've heard that at alot of games but Maryville plays as a team and not just on a few athletes. So THS fans, don't say you have more heart or athletes than maryville please!!!

To : FBEmeritus

It's a shame that this website is usually just a forum for Trash Talk.

Now and again, however, civil posts are made.

THANK YOU

We fully realize how powerful your region is in contrast to ours. Schedule commitments

make it tough to ever play regular season games out side of our HUGE Tri-cities rivalries.

We try to scrimmage the very best teams we can pre-season. Last year, (our current seniors first ever varsity snaps), we had a 4-way scrimmage with D-B, Knox-Central, & Mo-west. All three were top 5 teams in their respective classes. Our kids were awestruck with the level of play, they then realized, that was going to be required to go to the next level. We lost every scrimmage, But, we held our own in all three.

We have all the respect there could possibly be for the Maryville Rebel Football Program.

That respect & your tradition is exactly what gives our team its drive. Because if we are to have a "special" season, it would be watered down if our Much Anticipated :

"@ MARYVILLE IN ROUND #4" game did not happen.

We have one of the top 3 TOUGHEST round # 1 matchups in 4A, and you guys have the ability to dismiss the team that was The State Runner-Up in 2003 ?

Man I have a lot of confidence in the Vikings, but we are NOT able to ask any one in the state, outside of our region, to take us seriously as a true contender , until we beat some one in regions 3,4 or West.

825409077[/snapback]

Are you kidding?!! Poor Mowest couldn't kick themselves in the butt right now. You'll steamroll them, unfortunately. I'm definitely for MoWest, but you all won't even have to blink to beat them....or are you not as great as everyone up there makes you out to be?

Are you kidding?!!  Poor Mowest couldn't kick themselves in the butt right now.  You'll steamroll them, unfortunately.  I'm definitely for MoWest, but you all won't even have to blink to beat them....or are you not as great as everyone  up there makes you out to be?

825410976[/snapback]

Oh, we are that good and more... but you cannot overlook a team, or bad things can happen. From here on out every game game is a must win, and we will face every team as a team that can possibly beat us. Don't get me wrong, if we play like we're capable of, we will beat them by 50. It is good to see on here that some of the Maryville posters are starting to realize they might not be the best team in 4A. I guess we will all see in due time.

Uhh and which fans would that be? Dude, I can't even name ONE player on your all's team. You've beat a bunch of schools named Sullivan and you're about to whoop up on a completely defenseless MoWest team that's rebuilding.

You've beaten exactly NOONE. All the talent is in our region. At the beginning of the year you couldn't find a thread about TN High football. So either ya'll got faith way down the stretch or everyone in that area got web access at the same time.

Here's the hard truth: there's 3 teams in our region that could beat you all.

Hey FBE,

have you seen THS play this year? I really respect your football knowlege and would love to know that what I'm hearing about this team is coming from a trustworthy and informed source.

The coolest thing to me about this whole THS/MHS materializing rivalry is that there is finally a team out there with a slew of fans who truly believe that they are better than Maryville. I don't know if they are or not. We'll see. That's why they play the games.

But usually we just get a few random trash talkers from the other school predicting the unlikely upset and by mid-week before the game there is really no one who really thinks the Rebels will go down. This talk has been sustained for awhile and will only grow more intense if both teams continue to win. That's refreshing. A fine example of that was earlier this year when William Blount's coach said on the radio the morning of the Maryville game in response to the question "what are you hoping for tonight?": "Well, I'm really just hoping they don't show up."