Region 5- 3a Playoffs

bulldog69

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog,

Not to be argumentative, but looking at the schedule strength rankings on CoachT, MOST of the teams in Region 6 had tough schedules. They had 6 of their 7 teams in the Top 20, and 5 of them were ranked ahead of Page. Two of them were ahead of anyone from Region 5.

So, although last year I agreed with you on this topic, this year it appears they played tougher opponents. However, your point about CC is right on. They were ranked 48th out of 57.

And, like jshanes, I expect the two regions to split the first four games. I do expect that the 1 and 2 seeds from both regions will win.

Fatcat..... I value your opinion....but I still stand by my view that Region 5 was tougher 1 thru 6 this year. It was as tough as it has ever been. Southside played the toughest schedule in reg 6. So did Fayette-Ware....hhmmmm

1's and 2's should win. I am not sure which Marshall co. team will show up in Lexington and that is the only variable I see.

We don't overlook anyone....I like our chances at home.

Hope Mont Central gets back on track.

Good luck to region 5 and 6 friday night. They both have good teams. I believe Greenbier will make it to state. Both 1 and 2 seeds should win this week. I'm not going to debate who's got th better region because the only way to find out is playing the games. I do know Jackson Southside played a realy tough sec. this year no "cupcakes" 10-0 usj, 9-1 jcm , 7-3 r. egypt, and three tough wins against Mcnairy, crockett co. and Lexington Tha have a great D and it looks like there offence is coming around. Good luck Hawks!!